Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   [DFBHD] Make a remaster version of this game (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48045)

Long 01-15-2017 05:06 AM

Make a remaster version of this game

Greeting the community,
I love the series DFBHD as well as DFBHD:TS , but the graphic is a little out-dated and so I decided to make a remastered version of this game. So I tried to contact novalogic company to ask for permission but somehow I don't seem to find the contact information nor being able to contact them :(

Scott 01-15-2017 11:37 AM

NovaLogic no longer owns the rights to the games. It's now owned by https://www.thqnordic.com/

Long 01-15-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 386166)
NovaLogic no longer owns the rights to the games. It's now owned by https://www.thqnordic.com/

Well yeah I just found out recently. Guess I have to contact THQNordic then. Hope they reply

City Ace 01-16-2017 07:46 AM

A remastered edition would be very tough. Will you work alone or you are working as a team?

Long 01-16-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386168)
A remastered edition would be very tough. Will you work alone or you are working as a team?

Well yeah it might be really tough tho as I have just had one member. I am trying to look for someone else who can support the models and maps,..

City Ace 01-17-2017 05:57 AM

If i say the truth, always stick with a simple designing plan. Most of the indie guys ends with a failure after a period of game development, because once they start making the game, they start dream for larger aims, and thats where the problem lies. And as for the models, they are a few free to use sites with more than 100,000 models. You can bring the models from there if you are unable to get a proper model designer. And anyways which engine will you use for the remaster? Unity? Unreal? Torque?

Long 01-17-2017 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386172)
If i say the truth, always stick with a simple designing plan. Most of the indie guys ends with a failure after a period of game development, because once they start making the game, they start dream for larger aims, and thats where the problem lies. And as for the models, they are a few free to use sites with more than 100,000 models. You can bring the models from there if you are unable to get a proper model designer. And anyways which engine will you use for the remaster? Unity? Unreal? Torque?

Yeah thanks for your advice :headbang: I'm using Unreal Engine as it is best suitable for FPS games

City Ace 01-17-2017 06:33 AM

Hmm... A tough engine to master, but gives phenomenal features.

Long 01-17-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386174)
Hmm... A tough engine to master, but gives phenomenal features.

Well yeah it should takes tons of times. Luckily DFBHD isn't a very modern and multifunctional like COD or BF so it might be easier to make ( hope so lol ). And besides I'm a first-year college student so I'm planning to release the game on Steam after 3-4 years

City Ace 01-18-2017 04:35 AM

In order to make a lot of money from it, you have to make some nice cover posters, gameplays. From my game development experience, i've come to know that those games which are half baked are the big hits because of their attractive posters, and those indie games who had the potential to be a big hit were at the bottom because their marketing weren't as appealing for the customers.

Long 01-18-2017 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386178)
In order to make a lot of money from it, you have to make some nice cover posters, gameplays. From my game development experience, i've come to know that those games which are half baked are the big hits because of their attractive posters, and those indie games who had the potential to be a big hit were at the bottom because their marketing weren't as appealing for the customers.

Well yeah but first I have to make the game a big hit first :fingersx: But at the moment , what I am struggling now is I can't contact THQNordic for the copyright issue :/ I sent them an email like 1 week ago and still no reply

City Ace 01-18-2017 05:17 AM

I dont even think they are going to reply:-\ And even if they agree, you have to give them huge amount of money.

City Ace 01-18-2017 05:22 AM

So why dont you make a game which is not legally related with DF. I mean, you can still include those similar classic objectives like DF did, and invent a new series instead which is very much similar to the roots of the DF franchise.

Long 01-18-2017 05:31 AM

Well basically I only use their sounds , the sounds of character , mission objectives. Besides that , I make everything from scratch

City Ace 01-18-2017 05:53 AM

Hmm. The license is required for using something that is theirs. But i dont even know how would they detect their very own sounds since there are over a thousand of such millitary games which had the similar voices and music that DF had.

Long 01-18-2017 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386183)
Hmm. The license is required for using something that is theirs. But i dont even know how would they detect their very own sounds since there are over a thousand of such millitary games which had the similar voices and music that DF had.

Well it's very easy to identify their sounds if you have played DF a couple of times. I have think of remaking the sounds of characters but I think it is the music and the sounds of DF that partly makes up the game

City Ace 01-18-2017 05:58 AM

Well yeah, DFs sounds were kinda like we hear the voices in radios :v The recent games have voices which dont even like we are talking through a walkie talkie.

Long 01-18-2017 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386185)
Well yeah, DFs sounds were kinda like we hear the voices in radios :v The recent games have voices which dont even like we are talking through a walkie talkie.

Well yeah that's the problem now I am facing. I can remake the voices too but I don't think it will be good as the original ones

City Ace 01-18-2017 10:13 AM

Well its possible tbh :-\ What you need is a very good orator who can pronounce the language very good. And those radio effects and all are possible through sound editors and there's even tutorials for that.

Long 01-18-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by City Ace (Post 386187)
Well its possible tbh :-\ What you need is a very good orator who can pronounce the language very good. And those radio effects and all are possible through sound editors and there's even tutorials for that.

But yeah but where can I find a good orator lol. I am asian and my friends are mostly asian too. Besides , even if I remake the sounds as well , shouldnt it be copyrighted due to the content ?