Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   DFX2 Error trying to activate: NETWORK SOCKETS blocked (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43355)

high_low_jack 06-03-2009 06:47 PM

DFX2 Error trying to activate: NETWORK SOCKETS blocked

I bought DFX2 and installed on my vista gateway FX laptop (high end gaming laptop)

When I go to activate I get the following error:

"You may have some NETWORK SOCKETS blocked (Code NWEC15)"

I have windows firewall shut off.
I never had a problem installing ANY games from any manufacturer.

HELP!!!!!

Bustin 06-03-2009 08:22 PM

Try running the game as an administrator. Vista hides a lot of config files in compatibility folders that the exe can only access while being run as administrator.

high_low_jack 06-03-2009 11:12 PM

I tried it

(right-clicked on the DFX2 icon > Run As Admin)

Same error message

Chrispy 06-03-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

http://www.novaworld2.com/file/sns_u...ages/Error.png

Fixing Error code NWEC15

• Open all ports as normal on every firewall you have including windows firewall, an anti virus firewall, e.g kasper sky internet security, norton etc...

• Go into the game folder in windows explorer, copy the game.cfg file to your desktop "run game once and this file will appear in game folder"

• Open the file which you have just placed on your desktop (use notepad to open it)

• Scroll down to mpgateserverlocalportmin = "49152" change the last number (2) to the number 3

• Then go to mpgateserverlocalportmax = "65536" change the last number (6) to the number 7

• Change the mpnovaworldportrandom = "0" to "1"

• Save the file and copy and replace this file to the original file that is in the game original folder

• Now every time you play game on vista you have to run as administrator by clicking right click on game icon or in the start menu and click run administrator.

• Also you must run the game atleast once so game.cfg is created

Good to go, enjoy

high_low_jack 06-04-2009 07:49 AM

IT WORKED.

Thank you.

Hellfighter 06-04-2009 10:54 PM

Chrispy :gj:

dave61 06-12-2009 03:05 PM

Just curious, but this seems to be happening to alot of people all at once. I got the same error when I tried to connect to mutliplayer in DFX and in activation of DFX2.

Anyway, thanks for the fix Chrispy !!!!!

high_low_jack 06-12-2009 05:47 PM

DF2 multiplayer

Could this also be the Reason my DF2 multiplayer doesnt work?

I bought the DF2 digital download.

When I click on a multiplayer room, DF2 locks up.

Any Ideas?

(Vista gaming laptop)

LXS-Screamin 06-17-2009 12:14 PM

It could be. The problem is another program is pulling of that port if i understand it right. So because that port is already in use dfx2 errors out because it cannot connect through it. Simple as changing the port, since dfx2 uses a huge range of ports to connect. I'm no wiz, but it couldn't hurt to try it if your dfx2 is locking up. i would also check antivirus and firewalls blocking dfx2.

high_low_jack 06-17-2009 12:21 PM

I was actually refferring to delta force 2 not DFX2 for the last lockup issue

LXS-Screamin 06-17-2009 01:46 PM

LOL sorry. It should be the same deal. You should be able to go into the .cfg file and see the ports and fix the error.

MetalMouth 07-07-2009 08:54 PM

DFX2 Error trying to activate: NETWORK SOCKETS blocked

Ok so i started out by turning of windows firewall off..then i went into the game.cfg file and made the changes to the 3 codes. I saved it and then went to run as administrator, but it still didnt work....any helpful ideas?

I know this has been discussed before. For anyone who is familiar with this code, I have turned off windows firewall, changed the coding correctly one the ''game.cfg'' file and then ran as adminstrator. Any other helpful suggestions as to why the game will not run?

Hellfighter 07-07-2009 10:24 PM

it would be very nice we know what the game.cfg go with what game

game name please

Sam 07-19-2009 05:27 PM

welcome to novahq.net metal mouth :gj: hope you enjoy your stay

xNomaD 12-27-2009 02:50 PM

Ive got the same error code NWEC15 for Delta Force Xtreme 2, i tried to fix the ports but ive still got the same problems, anyone that can please help.