Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   BHD Vote (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4839)

Matt 10-13-2002 01:07 PM

BHD Vote

Feel free to post comments about why you voted what you did. :)

DeDRAGE 10-13-2002 07:57 PM

Well I have to vote yes. I mean I have loved the Delta Games but lets be honest. Not too many people were happy with DFLW. Then when TFD came out I mean what a joke. But honestly I think BHD captures the DF2 vibe for the DF2 guys. Kindof brings everyone back. And lets face it Novaworld is the best hosting option. I mean easiest ingame brouser and all. So I vote yes and hope like hell Im right.

-cf- 10-14-2002 09:24 AM

Whyd my post get deleted? :( I'm innocent..I swear.

XenoMorpH 10-14-2002 10:06 AM

If I really must say so....I have no clue. With UT2003 and all those other games published lately, I'm not certain if BHD will really save the DF-series. I first need to see the final version of BHD, and play it. Then I can tell if it would save th DF-series or not. The demo version of BHD may have greate grafphics, but I don't play 3d shootthemups for the graphics only, for me the gameplay has priority in this kind of games. But as far as I have pplayed the demo version, the gameplay isn't the same as it was in all other DF-games.

Xeno out.

Matt 10-14-2002 02:55 PM

1. Colfire, I don't know anything about your post being deleted.

2. I feel it will save the DF series. Since DF1 is has been the same game play, longer range play. Run and gun type thing. But BHD is a urban warfare scenerio. It is a complete change in pace from DF1-DF4. I think all the DF players needed was a change in pace, and I think they found it.

Steve 10-14-2002 05:11 PM

i dont think it's a case of 'saving the series'.
it's the next game in the series - a natural progression.
i think it is a good thing for sure, it's been ages since DF had a makeover.
pretty much all current df players will get bhd it's whether bhd can attract new players that is the trick.
i think it will sell well, especially as it's associated with a popular film and is controversial, so it will get more publicity.

H͆MÅÑ«§WM» 10-14-2002 09:37 PM

Yeah, I think this game will be a welcomed addition to the DF theme. The engine is supposed to be a vast improvement and the graphics are pretty nice as well. Can't wait for my copy!!!

(Old) 10-14-2002 09:50 PM

nope sure BHD may string along the demise but it won't save the series, there are a lot better games coming out and if NL wan't any hope the game after BHD will need to be revolutionary and moddable that will always help.

Matt 10-17-2002 02:44 PM

With all these movies it looks like it's gonna be a great game. :)

[SvO] FW 10-17-2002 02:54 PM

BHD has a chance to save the DF series. The graphics are ok, but for saving the series, BHD will have to have a good gameplay and the gameplay in the demo was not exactly what I hoped for. They should make the gameplay more like DFLW an DF:TFD. If they succeed in that, they will save the series for sure :)

Shaitan 10-17-2002 06:11 PM

after some rethinking, I am not sure now that BHD will help the series as far as I myself am concerned. Marcus`s too cryptic reply info tells us nothing, and many are thinking the CAR is IT for the final release primary weap, and that M16 type weaps with ACOG type scope mounts won`t be in. If not? I may not bother with the game.

IMHO the DF series IS "scope dialing in distance to target, bullet drop, grass, and DF 2s large terrain maps".

I am not a fan of pure CQB games, and a weap like the CAR is good for nothing BUT CQBs. I hope I am wrong, but if this is the state of BHD, then I must yet again sit this one out till the series returns to its roots.

wildman2 10-19-2002 12:45 PM

Quote:

nope sure BHD may string along the demise but it won't save the series, there are a lot better games coming out and if NL wan't any hope the game after BHD will need to be revolutionary and moddable that will always help.
Im with blackbelt on this one.
Definatly needs a mod folder simular to GR.

Matt 10-19-2002 12:49 PM

I've heard rumors that it will be an easily modable game.

wildman2 10-19-2002 12:58 PM

cool

Gecko 11-04-2002 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StevieB
i dont think it's a case of 'saving the series'.
it's the next game in the series - a natural progression.
i think it is a good thing for sure, it's been ages since DF had a makeover.
pretty much all current df players will get bhd it's whether bhd can attract new players that is the trick.
i think it will sell well, especially as it's associated with a popular film and is controversial, so it will get more publicity.

I kind of disagree with that. It actually feels so different (more like MOHAA) that I think some die hards won't like it as much. Personally, I feel it is really lacking in a lot of ways to LW. I find myself missing too many things (the AT4 NOT being one of them!) But we'll see what it's like when the final version comes out.

As for new players, the change makes it similar to games that other players are already playing and it may make the migration easier for them. I would say it is more likely to bring new players than attract the old players to move on to the new version.

As for saving the series........I voted yes, but more like a strong maybe.

Gecko 11-04-2002 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shaitan
IMHO the DF series IS "scope dialing in distance to target, bullet drop, grass, and DF 2s large terrain maps".

I am not a fan of pure CQB games, and a weap like the CAR is good for nothing BUT CQBs. I hope I am wrong, but if this is the state of BHD, then I must yet again sit this one out till the series returns to its roots.

AMEN!!! Explains exactly how I feel and the reason for my previous post!

Steve 11-04-2002 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gecko
But we'll see what it's like when the final version comes out.
Exactly.

i don't see how ppl can comment on how the gameplay is going to be etc and it is 'lacking' when talking about a demo, of course it is missing things. :/

WiCkEd 11-04-2002 11:06 AM

will it save the day u ask...well i look at it like this,DF from the begining has always had alot of flexibility in the actual gameplay ie-run & gun,long range sniping all out flexibility is totally different in BHD compared to the past DF series in my own personal opinion,do i like BHD,well yeah i love it as it is like someone earlier stated a change of pace which im grateful for as i was getting very bored with earlier editions,lol,i love the game itself (the demo) i can live with the differ changes and the differ styles it offers BUT the question remains can the general DF community live with it??So in short will it save the DF era,naaah.But will it attract a different breed of gamers? yes i think it will and i think this new graphics engine will go a long way into many DF's to come!

Protector 11-08-2002 05:28 PM

In BHD the men run too slow and it takes forever to kill sum1 at CQB apart from that its excellent

Romeo Eight Jul 11-22-2002 09:08 PM

Quote:

As for saving the series........I voted yes, but more like a strong maybe.
That sums up my feelings on the matter, Gecko.

Hopefully, the people out there who are bored with the same old game (I'm one of them, I've been playing Half Life and its mods for a LONG time now) will see BHD and then buy it after reading about it, etc. You can't really help the fact that people who play mainly Q3 and UT/UT2003 aren't really going to get into BHD. It's a whole Hell of a lot deeper than Deathmatch with rockets, jump pads, and quad damage. The people who are going to buy this game are the DF gamers, people who like military/tactical shooters, and people who are sick of the game they used to play, whether it be HL, NOLF, whatever. I've always been a HUGE fan of SEALs/Delta/Force Recon, etc., and when DF came out, I wanted it because of that. So far, none of the other DF games have had the appeal of BHD. It looks amazingly good, it's a very popular and controversial subject, etc. This just may be what NL needs to save the DF series and gather some new followers.