Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Talk (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Bf2 downloader error (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33793)

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 06:27 AM

Bf2 downloader error

since theres a few players of BF2, anyone know the solution to this error in the EA Downloader (i think its a time-lock on the files, like only decrypt 3x a week, cos on the 4th the error happened.. had to download it a few times because of corrupt files..)

tried it on other PC same error..

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthrea...d=1#post786093

posted on totalbf2 hoping someone else would know..

SilentTrigger 03-19-2006 06:43 AM

I'm with the person on there, it can likely be a hardware failure in the happenning, or a smaller failure thats allready happened.

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 06:46 AM

so i should try their advice first?

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 06:53 AM

done that same error still..

im not worried about the CRC errors, i just want to play the game that i paid £6 for and EA support isn't too helpful at the min..

Downloader downloads the game in an encrypted format, and has to decrypt it.. but it wont, u know any work arounds?

SilentTrigger 03-19-2006 07:03 AM

Oh heh forgot that you said you tried it on another computer, that should rule out the hardware failure, unless you have the same on both heh.

Try uninstalling the downloader, uninstall BF2 and all expantions and mods, and reinstall everything. I have no idea what it might be, i'll try to download it on this computer and see if i get the error.

Installing now, do you get the error at the end of the download or before it starts?

Will be downloading in a moment, do you have msn or such?

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 07:07 AM

done the whole reinstall, repatch, delete ea downloader from reg ect.. kinda sucks i think they put a limit on for each week, even though they claim its unlimited..

edit..

get the error when i clikc "install now"

yeah msn is bb_bob@hotmail dot co uk

SilentTrigger 03-19-2006 07:10 AM

Yeah probebly is so, im downloading it at the moment without any errors.

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 07:12 AM

think they are hiding the limit, or dont know about it, because the EA support guy wouldnt have through out as much rubbish if it was as simple as it looks

SilentTrigger 03-19-2006 07:17 AM

I still have 15 minutes till i can try to install, the problem is that i dont have BF2 installed on this computer lol so i cant try it as i will sertantly get an error

Capers 03-19-2006 07:23 AM

Perhaps the downloaded file is corrupt? Have you deleted the Euro Forces install file it downloaded and downloaded again?

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 07:29 AM

done all that already

Capers 03-19-2006 07:38 AM

So you did clear out the entire C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache folder before redownloading, and you have done everything that the guy on totalbf2 forums suggested - nasty one then.

A friend of mine mentioned a problem along the same lines but is away for a couple of weeks, i will try and contact him to see if he resolved the issue and how.

Let us know if EA support resolve the problem - i bet it's frustrating when one of their suggestions is to restart the computer :|.

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 07:41 AM

yeah deleted everything, the folder aswell, reg entries, whole game..

takes the P..

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 11:05 AM

just got this reply..

Quote:

EA Response (Cyrous D.) 19/03/2006 10:32 AM
Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting us here at Electronic Arts Technical Support. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Based on your attached image, it seems that you are using Firefox browser to install the Euro Force, which is not tested to work on EA downloder. Please use your Internet Explorer 6 to install the Euro Force.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (https://eauk.custhelp.com)

Sincerely,
Cyrous D.
EA Games Technical Support
no idea how to use IE to download it, especially since EA downloader doesn't let u chose a browser, nor does it seem to use 1..

also, still hasn't said anything about the time lock problem..

SilentTrigger 03-19-2006 11:24 AM

Time lock? I doubt there is one, the firefox problem seems to be likley as they might hamper the decryption, depending on how its integrated with the browser. The best thing would be to uninstall firefox, restart and install EF, when its done you install firefox again and restart ;)

Or there might be an option to use IE as default and it should be used, not sure how you make FF as none-default though.

-Tigger- 03-19-2006 11:51 AM

done that still same

SilentTrigger 03-20-2006 10:08 AM

Uninstall FF and install it?

-Tigger- 03-20-2006 10:13 AM

yeah, but know the thing i was talking about yesturday, completed and runs ok now.. so sod it