Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   How do I ????? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7304)

[40oz]-Talon 04-17-2003 01:20 AM

How do I ?????

I can make a map somewhat good.. and have plenty of ideas, but how do i make the map like (King of the Hill ?) or Team king of the Hill ? how do i set objectives?, Like say if i wanted to hold the top of a tower for a specific amount of time (king of the hill) and hold it as long as i can w/o dieing.. or.... destroy certain objects to win the round..

Another twist is what about a Defense and Offense squad say if someone is guarding an escape point (trigger) How do i make these ?

Plz help or point me in the right tutorials ..

TALON

LRRP1 GnA 04-17-2003 01:32 AM

as far as objectives, set triggers/events and so on. IE: set trigger: blackhawk take off and fly to said waypoint, this happens from and event: blowing up first object. there is a tutorial out in downloads if im not mistakin should help. i dont know why you need to have something like that in koth though, sorry if im rambling hehe not a map master

Steve 04-17-2003 07:19 AM

game type is in edit > general information

ter7997 04-22-2003 10:18 AM

ya i did that for a k.o.t.h. but i noticedon that on other maps that there is like a thing that tells you that time in the zone i dont see that is there a special trigger that i am suppose to put in there ?? ne tuts on this

zza1pqx 04-22-2003 11:49 AM

That happens automatically.
If you are in the zone (which you make using the zone marker) then you start ticking up time.
How much time is up to the guy that runs the server, not the map maker.

As for using KOTH markers as triggers, ie wait in koth 5 minutes for a new objective, KOTH markers are for Multiplayer only and dont act as area triggers or other event specific items do.

=MOW= ØbÌïvîøñ 04-22-2003 12:27 PM

Zza1pqx you should be a forum admin.

zza1pqx 04-22-2003 01:19 PM

Well thanks for that Oblivion mate.
Ill settle for being one of the very few that saw this website in its infancy and helped out a little with feedback to my good mates Panther and StevieB, without whom I would not be able to answer these questions quite so effectivley.

[40oz]-Talon 04-22-2003 01:44 PM

thanks

thanks i am working on it as we speak ill try all your tips..

=MOW= ØbÌïvîøñ 04-22-2003 02:08 PM

Np. its just that I have watch you for like a couple months now helping me and others in thier DF troubles

EL_BASTARDO 04-22-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by =MOW= ØbÌïvîøñ
Zza1pqx you should be a forum admin.

Dont encourage him

You havent experienced one of his launchings into an epic ranting, putting the world to rights & crushing all in his path ...

lmao :p :p

zza1pqx 04-22-2003 02:44 PM

LOL @ El B.
I was going to post a few choice quotes from the Friction forums on my 'helpfulness' but it seems you got here to do the job personally. Thanks a lot.