Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Joint Ops Weird Symbol (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32665)

.DareDevil. 01-22-2006 01:43 AM

Joint Ops Weird Symbol

Ok i was playing in a nova server, Monsoon 2!Im not sure if it was just to show you the host at Novaworld was observing server or what but a weird symbol i have never seen appeared other night.Ive been playing Joint Ops few weeks now and never seen it but it look like the novaworld logo and it blinks red on and off!
Anyone know what i means for sure?Thought i might post it in here instead of pming someone in case someone else needs to know!I dont have a picture because it either wouldnt shwo up on ss or something cause i know i took ss but isnt showing on any in my game folder.

Chrispy 01-22-2006 05:10 PM

First of all, restart the computer, if that does not work, change your resolution in the game and see if that makes a difference. I will ask Nova for you bro.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --:) :)

-Tigger- 01-22-2006 05:13 PM

means that novaworld browsing is down, so if you leave the game u cant get back ;)

Trojan 01-22-2006 05:17 PM

Dude, you guys have an NHQ Tournament to play. Are you going to get it done or shall I close the tournament? I'm tempted to close it down but thought I'd ask you before I did it.

.DareDevil. 01-23-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
First of all, restart the computer, if that does not work, change your resolution in the game and see if that makes a difference. I will ask Nova for you bro.

Chris where are you at bro, that has nothing to do with what i asked!BB stated the answer to what the icon means it has nothing to do with resolution or anything or restarting.Its just a symbol they use i wanted to know, but thanx for trying!:clap:

Troy just cancel the Tournament, the DM one is for Jarhead and Jarhead is being an butt since his new girlfriend; he doesent talk to me much right now, so just cancel it :(

Chrispy 01-24-2006 02:32 PM

Damn, already asked Nova about that problem, at least I asked them one of my problems!
I try to help!

Hellfighter 01-24-2006 02:41 PM

think that come up when the data flow is going bad or good some times you will see it, but mostly not.

if you downloading something as you play the game you may see it a lot. TR/RX be red to green then it go away off the screen. it ghost in when there some trouble with data flow to the (HUB) to server your playing in.

.DareDevil. 01-24-2006 07:55 PM

Probaly my avast didnt turn it off!Anyways Chris the last person to depend on is Nova they dont know as much as what someone like Chief would just trust me!

Like ive stated in many articles they told me a false answer, well i solved it myself, but they couldnt!Told me scratches on Team Sabre cd couldnt be reason i was getting CI's, guess what it was! I unistalled it and BHD worked better than what it did; no CI's as much!I got CI's in TS Servers 24/7!I know everything to fix CI's since ive had trouble in past and the cd being scratched was new answer for me and many im sure.

Hellfighter 02-19-2006 12:03 AM

Re: Joint Ops Weird Symbol

Quote:

Originally posted by Visor*CP*/visor_dflw
Ok i was playing in a nova server, Monsoon 2!Im not sure if it was just to show you the host at Novaworld was observing server or what but a weird symbol i have never seen appeared other night.Ive been playing Joint Ops few weeks now and never seen it but it look like the novaworld logo and it blinks red on and off!
Anyone know what i means for sure?Thought i might post it in here instead of pming someone in case someone else needs to know!I dont have a picture because it either wouldnt shwo up on ss or something cause i know i took ss but isnt showing on any in my game folder.

your asker:

JOTR: Page 18 in the booklet
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ime_jotr_a.jpg
[click-on image to enlarge it to read]

basic it reads:
Internet Connection
You may experience internet connection problems during game play. This can happen for a variety of reasons that include a high ping-time for the game-server where you are playing. For optimal game play, choose a game server that’s shows less then 200ms milliseconds of ping time.

To inform you of this, two circles will appear in the upper left corner of your screen. The “T” circle indicates transmit. The “R” circle indicates receive. When one of them flashes, it’s means that it is detecting latency in that area. The indicator are provided as a convenience so you know when your internet connection to the game server may be less then you desire

.DareDevil. 02-20-2006 10:33 AM

LMAO i know what T and R means.It means Transmit and Receive i get it all the time.What i dont understand why i get it with the type of computer i have.I havea Alienware Extreme gaming Laptop and its made for playing any game and i have Cable with Comcast and i get T and R still which i shouldnt be.Also Chief do i need to turn Avast on low or something when playing in game i mean i may need to lower a setting to prevent lag?Like many say it may just be Novas Servers since in JOTR i play in Nova Servers.

Also the symbl you helped me figure out was the weird Nova Logo Symbol in game and you already told me what it meant.

Hellfighter 02-20-2006 10:38 AM

meddle setting should be ok, high setting is sealth mod, it block nova ports it use's.

when you can use sealthmod, but game play use meddle settings. no-sealthmod for game play

.DareDevil. 02-20-2006 12:47 PM

Ahhh thats what i forgot set to middle so it acts as a server and open to certain areas ok!I forgot about that lol

.DareDevil. 02-20-2006 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok crap was looking at it and now it wont go back to the middle lol it was in the middle of normal and high before and now it will only go to normal and high.Would you say set it to normal and leave it or do you know how to get it back in the middle cause the mouse wont do it?

Hellfighter 02-20-2006 01:41 PM

avast is not a firewall it will not butt into the game play.

avast is a anti-virus program only.

what will but into it is a firewall software or a router security could be blocking it.

guy i was talking about a firewall ok:eek: lmao

Scattergun 02-20-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Visor*CP*/visor_dflw
LMAO i know what T and R means.It means Transmit and Receive i get it all the time.What i dont understand why i get it with the type of computer i have.I havea Alienware Extreme gaming Laptop and its made for playing any game and i have Cable with Comcast and i get T and R still which i shouldnt be.

You get T and R when your recieve signal goes down and when your transmit signal goes down and do you think you are the only one with Comcast basically the WHOLe East coast has it.

Comcast doesn't send their signal full time they send it in Bursts liek one second u will getting 3+ meg next second u will be getting 1 meg.

And everyone gets it no matter what connection they have and no matter what computer they have it is a fact of life.

Hellfighter 02-20-2006 08:02 PM

=70th=Scattergu

thanks for clearing the air on that

.DareDevil. 02-24-2006 10:38 PM

lmao i knwo that dont care about T and R lol!I was talking about the Nova Logo sign Symbol that shows up in JOTR which Chief explained and yall all keep saying t and r lol!