Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Talk (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Gow2 (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42143)

zza1pqx 11-08-2008 10:37 PM

Gow2

I haven't played this much, favouring Fallout 3 instead. Tonight though I gave the 'Hoarde' game type a go. Like Terrorist hunt in Rainbow, except you go up in levels on the same map with the bad guys getting tougher in both form and function.

Haven't laughed so much in a long time with a game.

If the rest of the experience is like this then all the games I wanted, Fallout, Far Cry and Fable won't even come close to this game, which I was forced into getting because my friends would have sulked at me.

Genius.

Oh and BTW. If your buddy is on the other side of the map, this is NOT a scenario you look forward to!
http://cdne.gearsofwar.xbox.com/Hand...39140927CC58E4

Scott 11-09-2008 01:42 AM

There were 10 people online in my friends list today (the most i've seen at once), all playing gow2... I am the only one playing Bond. I'd like to see what the hype is about but I won't even get to it for two weeks as i'll be in and out for work :(

zza1pqx 11-09-2008 08:34 AM

I'm not sure you would like it.
Some of the baddies are quite scary.

Scott 11-09-2008 10:59 AM

:run: Looks like i'll wait till I can buy it used along with Fallout. I'm really enjoying the mp mode Golden Gun in Quantum of Solace right now, it brings me back to my GoldenEye days :D

PS. Midnight Club LA sucked.

zza1pqx 11-09-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scott
Midnight Club LA sucked.
Really??
I'm shocked and stunned.:|

Bustin 11-09-2008 01:32 PM

I don't believe the GTA4 engine was a good choice for a racer.

zza1pqx 11-09-2008 03:00 PM

OMG! I had no idea they did that.
I've never seen the point of arcade racers. PGR is the only one that pulls off a happy balance but I'm a Forza man through and through.
Switch those aids off!!

Jckl 11-15-2008 03:06 PM

Forza is by far my favorite race game but i been playing a ton of GOW2.. Before GOW2 it was all COD4.. I have yet to play the new COD.

Jckl 11-15-2008 03:07 PM

Oh and Hoarde is pretty fun.. Me and a couple friends beat all 50 waves of it :)

Scott 11-15-2008 04:14 PM

I just picked up GOW2 and Fallout 3 used today.. Will post my initial thoughts on it later on :D

Spazz 11-15-2008 04:54 PM

I've been playing GoW2 for a couple days now. Awesome stuff. Fallout 3 is buggie and has been causing a lot of red rings lately.

Scott 11-15-2008 09:00 PM

So I've been playing gow2 for a few hours now that all my work is finally done and I just don't get it. Why was this the game everyone on my list bought? Don't get me wrong, it's a good game with some very sharp graphics (haven’t played mp yet) but it's like playing any other fps game. I am happy however that it revolves around shooting unlike what I thought it did: Chainsaws. I feel really stuck in my environment and the movement is godly slow. Apparently I am nearly half way through the campaign only playing for a little over 4 hours on normal difficulty.

I will have to try the mp with the other 15 people on my list that are playing it 24/7… Maybe that’s where it’s at.

Mstenger404 11-15-2008 09:28 PM

ill play wit ya scott whenever i c u on. but in campaign u should try that on hardcore, you get shot you lose health and you dive for cover. its really that mechanic of taking cover and using 3rd person to your advantage

zza1pqx 11-15-2008 09:32 PM

GOW single player is designed to be more interactive experience than out and out game. Cinematics is the key and GOW does it very very well.
However it doesn't relly work for me.

Set piece set piece set piece. Reminds me of old Playstation games.

I think I did complete the SP story in GOW1 but the key was to find a good buddy and do it hardcore coop as I remember.
I quite like the look of the new SP but it is just as Scott says. Shoot people along a single path from start to finish. I can enjoy it sometimes but my fave games are things like Oblivion and Fallout, Saints and GTA and I think you have to be half in the mood for a movie to truly enjoy the Gears experience.

MP is quite good fun but it's over quick and can be terribly frustrating if you're not on form.
Sometimes I find it takes a few minutes to get my groove on and the game's often over with GOW before I get into it.

It is best played with mates you can mock after you've sliced their head off with a shield.

Also Hoarde is the bollocks.
Scott, Me Muf and T are on early every night if you don't mind a tad of lag.

Jckl 11-16-2008 10:10 AM

me and my cousin beat it on hardcore the day it came out. When we both have the same time off again we are going to do it on insane. We went through hoarde on hardcore and that was fun. I play online a lot and you will find that 80% to 90% of the time you are running with A and using a shotgun. I have also found that strategy will win the match as with any other fps.

Spazz 11-16-2008 07:06 PM

You just have a bad taste in games Scott.

Scott 11-16-2008 08:13 PM

Apparently...