Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bad Luck? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42613)

*Long* 01-21-2009 11:58 PM

Bad Luck?

so i was watching some of my old war movies that have been colecting dust and when i was watching BLackhawk Down... when the one delta operator taped his blood type to his boots why did the other guy say it was bad luck? it better not be bad luck!!! i have my blood type on my boots!!!!!!!!

Luckz 01-22-2009 12:06 AM

yeah i would have no idea, i sure hope it isn't bad luck for your sake

*Long* 01-22-2009 12:09 AM

ahhhh!

Chrispy 01-22-2009 12:20 AM

Blood type on your boots?

Hellfighter 01-22-2009 01:37 AM

dogs tags have blood type on them
some people put their names on their BDUs same for boots
help to keep track what belong to who!

never heard any one putting blood type on their boots, names & rank yes! on the inside of the boot near the top.

sample: E-4 johnson
and maybe their Service number too

will it may count on the unit one is sign to in the service!
each unit commander make up their own set of standers

Steve 01-22-2009 11:50 AM

i guess it's because you are preparing/expecting to get shot?

you notice the next part says something like "no that's smart, all Delta do that", so i wouldn't worry about it ;)

it's probably also related to the rivalry between delta/rangers, he was just critisising Delta for the sake of it?

Bustin 01-22-2009 11:51 AM

I'd rather medics know my blood type over my name and rank any day.

Troy 01-22-2009 11:55 AM

I'd have all info in every sleave, pant leg, blouse, boot, vest and helmet if I was going into something very intense. Heavy combat, mines, mortars, etc.

atholon 01-22-2009 12:33 PM

Makes sense. You can never be too prepared....especially if it saves you life.
Better than relying on luck any day.

.Simon. 01-22-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Troy
I'd have all info in every sleave, pant leg, blouse, boot, vest and helmet if I was going into something very intense. Heavy combat, mines, mortars, etc.

You wear a blouse?

Troy 01-22-2009 01:15 PM

That's what they were called when I served. Cami Tops were referred to as blouses.

teej 01-22-2009 01:23 PM

I have never heard of that but I have heard of people tattooing their dog tags in the inside of their arm just in case they are kia and their dog tags are lost. They put it there because I guess statistics shown that soldiers that were kia were less likely to damage the inside if their arm.

*Long* 01-24-2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by .Simon.
You wear a blouse?
BLOUSE=SHIRT or field jacket, field shirt, ACU tops ... what every you wanna call it its the same thing :D

Hellfighter 01-24-2009 04:45 AM

me i like the BDU tops better

atholon 01-25-2009 02:23 PM

Did any of you see the CNN video of the army recruiting center with fps screens

-Tigger- 01-25-2009 07:17 PM

i suppose its a bit like how some people in the forces think that taking out life insurance is also bad luck..

but in reality, its just being prepared for the worst..

KU43 01-25-2009 07:53 PM

you could have it tatooed on your forhead and wouldn't have to worrie about the bad luck. Well unless your blood type is 666.

Hellfighter 01-25-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BB
i suppose its a bit like how some people in the forces think that taking out life insurance is also bad luck..

but in reality, its just being prepared for the worst..

will some of them have to watch out for that war clause in them life insurance

i had like one time on me 300.000.00 in life insurance, glade i never told any one in my family about it, two of them had in small print a war clause i drop them! i mean if we gone to war i was sent to the area and got kill the life insurance company don't have pay at all.

not talking about the stander package the service supply for its brand of life insurance, i gone out and paid for a better life insurance coverages all area and set my family for a long time.

1980-1987 i was cover for that amount of money