Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Call of Duty (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=287)
-   -   MW2 nearly tripled Halo 3 sales. (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44477)

Bustin 11-12-2009 11:48 AM

MW2 nearly tripled Halo 3 sales.

Taking into consideration the game launched on 3 platforms...however it is still an awesome feat to sell 5 million copies of a game in 24 hours alone.

-Tigger- 11-12-2009 11:53 AM

apparently it beat GTA4... was that much controversy over it in the news nearly everyone heard about it and thought, yeah ill get it lol

.Simon. 11-12-2009 01:49 PM

Im not surprised, it's the best game i own.

Sal UK 11-13-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Simon. (Post 357714)
Im not surprised, it's the best game i own.

It would be for me to on Multiplayer, But being colorblind I can only play free for all the colors for my own team and enemy team look the same... :mad: They should have an option to select different text colors in game. Hmm maybe I should go mention it on thier site, there must be more in the same boat there must be plenty of colorblind people playing it.

.Simon. 11-13-2009 10:48 AM

Thats a good point Sal, no harm in posting it on their forum and seeing what the reply is.

Bustin 11-13-2009 10:58 PM

Damn sal so the whole Red vs Blue series must really confuse you... ;)

Chrispy 11-13-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sal UK (Post 357789)
It would be for me to on Multiplayer, But being colorblind I can only play free for all the colors for my own team and enemy team look the same... :mad: They should have an option to select different text colors in game. Hmm maybe I should go mention it on thier site, there must be more in the same boat there must be plenty of colorblind people playing it.

Just hope you don't get flamed... :O

I'm all for a colourblind option though on the other hand - accessibility FTW. :)

MERMITE 11-14-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sal UK (Post 357789)

WoW!! that can open a can of worms, I wonder what the stats are
good idea Sal, go for it

Bustin 11-18-2009 05:07 PM

MW2 grossed over $550 million dollars in 5 days...I couldn't believe it when I read it. Some people believe it will hit near a billion after the holiday season ends and the game is more available.

.Simon. 11-19-2009 01:58 AM

So much for the games industry struggling with funds :)

atholon 11-19-2009 08:59 AM

Never cared much for halo anyway

zza1pqx 11-26-2009 11:59 AM

It's a top MP game that's for sure. I don't think they topped COD 4 for atmosphere in the singleplayer game though. And six hours it took me to go through the story! Feels like it's the shortest Infinity Ward story line ever to me.

Scott 11-26-2009 09:52 PM

How is Veteran difficulty? Is it as brutal as COD4? COD4 had a pretty short single player also but playing it all on Vet took a few days.

Bustin 11-26-2009 10:54 PM

It's a tad easier in the sense they fixed the infinite spawning enemies...

Chrispy 11-26-2009 11:55 PM

Played CoD4 on veteran including doing Mile High Club in that difficulty in both arcade mode and normal mode. Freaking insane. Anyone tried doing vet + arcade mode? (Arcade mode being as it gives limited lives...)

skinny killer 11-27-2009 02:55 AM

I've done the full mission challenge all the way thru in arcade mode on vet. and yes it is very intense and hard. where was limes where I was on my last life and had to build up more lives. but I made it thru. OORAH!

Chrispy 11-27-2009 04:58 PM

How many times did it take for you? I think practice makes perfect, but I could never be bothered wasting my time on the full vet challenge.

.Simon. 11-27-2009 05:57 PM

Yeah i can safely say im not the best player around, so i'd rather enjoy the campaign by playing it through smoothly than have to spend half hour on one mission because i keep dying. I got really annoyed at the Favella mission on MW2 because i started on veteran and i kept dying on that level, so i had to lower the difficulty or i would have given up and stopped playing the game. I was more interested in the story than whether or not i could beat the level.

Scott 11-27-2009 07:55 PM

I only did vet mod in cod4 and it took alot of will power not to throw my controller through my tv on alot of areas. You had to get pretty much everything right or you were dead. There was alot of waiting around for the perfect shot or waiting while you heal cause you peaked your head out at the wrong time and got shot 1,000 times in 1 second. The worst was dieing 100 times because you got killed before you could even figure out where you were getting shot from. There was this one mission where you had to hide behind a tank.. I died about 25 times before I figured out he was right above me. 1 shot kills suck.

Chrispy 11-27-2009 11:19 PM

While I do believe playing CoD on the highest difficulty shows how persevering or skilled you are, it's definitely not for me. I do like a bit of challenge, but for the most part I want to have fun. I mean, if this was a realism shooter like ArmA or OFP, I guess being peed off would okay, but this is an arcade shooter and I want to have fun playing it. :)

Speaking of OFP, I not only had to put up with the frustration of realism, but the frustration of buggy mission design. :(