Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Web design and Programming (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Music For Site Help! (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6032)

e2.Spar 01-11-2003 01:01 PM

Music For Site Help!

i need help...i want to add music in the background on my site. but it only playes wav. files. and the music i have is mp3. i was told u could format it into a wav.file with musicmatch. but i still have no idea on how i do it:*( so if someone can plz help me that would rock!

Steve 01-11-2003 01:17 PM

u would be much better off finding a player that plays mp3s.

mp3s take long enough to load but wavs are MMMUCH bigger file sizes and would take forever to load.

e2.Spar 01-11-2003 02:56 PM

well as you know i already have the site built..so i want to add music withever way i can...so what options do i have and how?

Scott 01-11-2003 03:32 PM

Keep the mp3 file. They are alot smaller then wav. Just put this in your source and edit the file name value. You should be set.

<object classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95">
<param name="AudioStream" value="1">
<param name="AutoStart" value="1">
<param name="BufferingTime" value="10">
<param name="Filename" value="FileName.mp3">
<param name="ShowControls" value="0">
<param name="TransparentAtStart" value="1">
</object>

e2.Spar 01-11-2003 05:03 PM

ok im not exactly sure what your talkin about. I put all that in what source? and edit file name value? plz explain with more detail...sry tee hee

Matt 01-11-2003 05:16 PM

This is what he means, put the code he told you into your HTML. When he says edit the filename value change the .mp3 to song.mp3 (or whatever the title of the song is)

e2.Spar 01-11-2003 05:27 PM

Ouch did i trigger a nerve or something? lmao thnx bro

zza1pqx 01-14-2003 08:40 AM

Not sure where you get nerve triggers from bud but I also dont understand why your original code wouldnt play MP3. There are no HTML commands that would only recognise WAV. All of them are of course dependent on whether or not the end users PC can recognise the file formats (wav, mp3, mpg etc) in question.

What was it that you were doing originally that couldnt recognise the MP3 format?

e2.Spar 01-14-2003 12:14 PM

i was gonna add background music to my site. But it only accepts files that are wav.files. The music i have are in mp3 format. i was told that i needed to convert my mp3's to wav. by using musicmatch. musicmatch i have but havent figured out to convert the files.

zza1pqx 01-14-2003 12:39 PM

WHAT only accepts wav though?
Are you using a program to make your site?
If you are just using hand code then trust me whatever you have been told mp3 IS accepted as either an embedded object or BGSound. Whoever told you otherwise doesnt know what hes talking about.

STEALTH 01-14-2003 02:08 PM

MP3 Music

<embed src='http://members.accesstoledo.com/mrniceguyrob/meltdown.mp3' hidden=false autostart=false><br>
MP3 Music</embed>

{embed src='http://members.accesstoledo.com/mrniceguyrob/meltdown.mp3' hidden=false autostart=false}MP3 Music {/embed}

Replace { } with < >

I'm pretty sure BGSOUND works the same way aswell.
A Good idea is to give the visitors a choice to listen to music and not force it upon them.

Hellfighter 01-14-2003 08:08 PM

found the tool that makes MP3 into .wav files and more if you have a cd-writer as more options for it too total cost free
its on www.cnet.com this is a link to that page for download it from plus info on it too
click-here to url

note: a lot of people says it great but then again some have trouble with it. all i can say try it out if work ok then your good if not it was free to try out at no cost
by the way make a music Cd,alot say its buggie can't play it in stero system or Cd-player off the HD works fine and also Windows Xp as trouble with it too.

ok i did it change it MP3 (1.22mb) into .wav (13.0 MB)file
so in a way its really is bigger you have to cut it up to make it smaller have it play in the back ground the page will load up longer this is a drawback.

Music .MP3 is more compact then .wav is

Sal UK 01-15-2003 03:49 PM

You could save on loading time if you converted the .mp3 to .wma you could make the 5 meg mp3 come down to about 60 odd k you can get it for free at microsoft its called windows media encoder.;)

Hellfighter 01-15-2003 10:34 PM

thanks i found it

here the link: "click-here"
Download Windows Media Encoder 9 Series
Windows Media Encoder Overview
Windows XP Article: Streaming Wireless Video
Windows XP Article: Capturing Video from Analog Sources
Download the Windows Media Encoder 9 Series SDK

XenoMorpH 01-16-2003 11:11 AM

A better way to add music to ur site, is the use of flash files. U can make a flash banner or sumfn and addthe music. Then u can add buttons to stop and play the music.

1st:The use of a % loader is a good way to let ur visitors know how long it takes when finish downloading.
2nd: The music-file u have added to the swf-file(flash) is protecting ur music, so nobody can "steel"" it.

The use of a frame-site is recommended, cuz otherwise ur sound must be loaded everytime visitors get on next page.

I'll make an banner example, and 'll post it ASAP.

STEALTH 01-16-2003 03:20 PM

There is a *.swf decompiler available.

XenoMorpH 01-17-2003 04:33 PM

I know, But not every1 knows that, and u can set a pasword on ur swf file.

XenoMorpH 01-21-2003 07:18 AM

click for music

e2.Spar 02-12-2003 03:38 PM

that nice.. im using geocities and it only exepts files that are (Mid.files) i dont understand the whole "code" deal and HTML stuff...ive been waiting to get music on our site for the longest..my icq is 177487900 add me so we can figure out some thin thnx peace!

p.s also yea that sounds good flash using the music because i wanted the music to play even when they click next page

~SD~xXx 02-15-2003 01:08 AM

lol sry I was kinda lazy to read all those replies, if you want, just send me the music file (mp3) and i'll convert it to .wav for you.

here is my e-mail, skullsofdeath@yahoo.com:D