Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   News (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   New Utility - Now Playing (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5949)

Steve 01-05-2003 09:24 AM

New Utility - Now Playing

Now Playing now supports DF1 and DF2. You can
download it at http://www.ddthq.com/nowplaying/info.html

I would like to thank all the users for their input that have
made this tool awesome.

Ever wanted to be able to display the status of your server
on your website? Well now you can!Now Playing is a tool
that makes it possible to retrieve REALTIME server status
of YOUR server and display it on YOUR own website.

Why should I use it?

It extracts data directly from NovaWorld which makes it
possible to show how many players there are in your server,
which gametype it is, on which page it is listed and what the
ip of the server is. And all this realtime!

With this tool you don't have to search all the pages
anymore to find your server and you can tell instantly if
there are players playing so that you don't have to look for
the server anymore to find out there are no players in it.
How annoying is that!

The script can be easily customised to fit the colors and
layout of your website. So register now and have it up and
running in only four steps with the online manual.

Hellfighter 01-05-2003 09:58 PM

sorry it a waste of time guy hate to say it but you can't copy and past the (java scirp) html code at all.

i not even going to try to type it all up ether it look good but they disable the option for this page to copy it down the scrip for the html page.(copy and past)

if you don't type it right to your url scirp you get errors like crazy.

it a bad thing post something up for other to use it but put a block on that 1-page that sucks big time.

i love the ID of it all.

P.s thier form sucks too try to post it up thier too nothen can't even log-in to thier form ether keep getting a fool error on this page as will.

STEALTH 01-06-2003 08:06 AM

BabStats does server status.

Desciple 01-06-2003 08:30 AM

You tell em...stealthy baby......LOL

Unregistered 01-06-2003 08:32 AM

First of all. What chief-adfp mentioned, is noncense. There are a lot of sites using it without any trouble at all.

Second of all, BabStats can't do a lot of stuff Now Playing can. A little list:

a. BabStats has to update the database all the time. It is via database, thus not realtime.

b. You have to have BabStats running, to have server status.

c. It can only retrieve half the information Now Playing can. For instance it doesn't tell, which page it is hosted on.

d. Now Playing is not by ip, BabStats is. Meaning Now Playing does not require 1 person to host it, but all members can..

e. BabStats isn't realtime but ever few seconds or so...

Steve 01-06-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unregistered
First of all. What chief-adfp mentioned, is noncense. There are a lot of sites using it without any trouble at all.
hiho

hey i like this proggy :gj:

but if someone is having problems with it then it becomes your problem, u should try and help them sort out the issue and show them that it is a good utility. if one person is having problems there is usually more ;)

Hellfighter 01-06-2003 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unregistered

he really need to get thier Head out thier "A--" put a lock on a page suck's spec-scirp html need to be copy down to use on other's url remove that lock its sucks big time.!!!

they have a lock "block on to keep other's from copy items on thier url" for the html code page it needs to be remove so people can copy it down on that page if they read they know what i was talking about nope they are a god not knowing can get you kill in battle. what jerk that guy was

Steve 01-06-2003 08:08 PM

do u not get it emailed?
i was going to get it but i didnt have time to register my details n stuff at the time.

Hellfighter 01-06-2003 08:13 PM

i reg; for it and it popup a page with the (java-scirp) html-code on it 8 lines to copy down try to copy it but they have a noob who but a block on that page so no one can copy thier scirp html code down then past it up on thier owne url site to use

man they must have monkeys working there

Steve 01-06-2003 08:37 PM

how about View > Source ?

Steve 01-06-2003 08:37 PM

how about View > Source ?

Hellfighter 01-06-2003 08:47 PM

na i really don't need it anyway love babstat they are cool hate it when some one try to do something and make a big time goof on something like that putting a block on a page to stop people ripping them off items on thier url bad part of it all is they put it on the html-code page thats the main page were people do need to copy and past it up on. :eek:

Unregistered 01-07-2003 12:10 PM

I don't know what the fuzz is all about, but you can copy the html code from that page. In the admin, there is a link called HTML Code. On that page you can copy the html code and paste it into your site. All there is to it. It even has a 4 step manual. Now you tell me, what's all the fuzz about?

dustyred 08-04-2004 01:42 PM

blah

Hellfighter 08-05-2004 09:26 AM

too old, too sick, too late in life, to be trouble with it.
this is old last year crap 01-07-2003 07:10 AM

-Tigger- 08-05-2004 11:40 AM

Chief hes been going to most threads like 2 years old to get his post count up, but as u can see its been put to 0 lol

Bravo-DW- 08-05-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ux*bb
Chief hes been going to most threads like 2 years old to get his post count up, but as u can see its been put to 0 lol
(COUGH sounds like BB a while ago COUGH)