Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Web design and Programming (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Help on Templates.. (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11273)

Sal UK 10-28-2003 04:43 PM

Help on Templates..

As I have said many times Im no good at making a website so, If I download a web template must I have web software to insert my logo and update ect or do I just open the HTML in notepad and update through there then just save it when finished then upload the new edited HTML to my webspace.

I have got my forum up and running but my website I started building with coolpage, Is not really any good as it only works with the one resolution because of pixel lock.

Anything you can tell me will be recieved with the greatest thanx. :)

Lakie 10-28-2003 04:48 PM

for html templates you open it the HTML up and change the code, HTML dosent support a 'control panel'

You can open HTML up in a HTML editor like FrontPage or Dreamweaver OR change it in notepad

Sal UK 10-28-2003 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blackbelt2
for html templates you open it the HTML up and change the code, HTML dosent support a 'control panel'

You can open HTML up in a HTML editor like FrontPage or Dreamweaver OR change it in notepad

Thanks I thought it was that way, but thought its best to find out first.

This is what I was working on with CoolPage My Old Site.(This Link Is Now Same As Below now.)

And this is what im doing now Site In The Making.

I have the forum already running as I said so I have added the banner and im in the middle of changing the colors to match the forum.

It doesnt seem that hard when you have somewhere to start.

But BIG Thanks m8

BeBop 10-28-2003 10:55 PM

if you need help with getting it to fit all resolutions then PM me, maybe i can help also with other things to...

Sal UK 10-29-2003 11:33 AM

Thanks BeBop

I did find some html that makes it stay centered at any resolution. I had to try and work out where to put it though I think I got it right it seems to work this end.

The problem im going to have is adding like screenshots ect.
If you look at the one on the right I cant get it to line up with
the one on the Left.

It seems to be ok At 800/600, 1024/768 and 1280/1024 in IE. It do have a little bit of a bottom scroll at 800/600 but it doesnt seem to get in the way of anything.

Sal UK 10-30-2003 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeBop
if you need help with getting it to fit all resolutions then PM me, maybe i can help also with other things to...
I think I need your help M8

In the Latest News From Novalogic. window I have put a layer so it gives me a scroll window, It works good at 1024/768 and 800/600 off line but when I upload the Html it goes outside the news box.

I know this will have to be looked at when we are both online at the same time so I can Upload it to show you so you can view the source for it.

Hope you can help me here m8. :)

Sal UK 10-30-2003 09:16 PM

I think Ive sorted the problem now, I just kept messing with things and it seems ok, in IE. Dont know if its going to work with other browsers though, as I only use IE.

Sal UK 10-31-2003 03:28 PM

BeBop - I tried to reply to your PM but your inbox is full m8.

But I have added you to my contacts on MSN so hopefully catch you on there Later. :)

Lakie 10-31-2003 05:31 PM

Bebob, if your inbox is empty check the sent items folder that counts aswell

morales 11-04-2003 08:52 AM

Hey sal ya sites looking kool bro. N1.

Sal UK 11-04-2003 12:14 PM

Thanks M8 ;)
Just hope nova hurrys up a bit with them tools.:) so I can get it up and fully running.

BeBop 11-04-2003 07:50 PM

i emptied my pm thing, and i helped sal :) i hope everything goes ok with ur site m8, you can catch me on msn if you still need stuff

Sal UK 11-04-2003 10:20 PM

Thanks m8 I have downloaded a HTML editor now so no more
Notepad trail and errors anymore. :)
Still confused about how to insert stuff a if I try to put anything in it seems to throw all my screen out or put it in where I dont want it.