Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   YES!!!! NO Crapasaurus N.I.L.E. (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24849)

NAVSPECWARCOM 04-22-2005 12:54 PM

YES!!!! NO Crapasaurus N.I.L.E.
 
Did you guys notice that the Mission Editor is a la BHD and previous versions of DF (Comanche4 too)? WOOT!

We don't need to futz with that stupid N.I.L.E.:D

Oh man! I'm mappin' today!

Sal UK 04-22-2005 11:29 PM

I Prefure NILE, I just hope they hurry with getting the stuff implemented within nile.

I had enough of med with DF2,DFLW and BHD....Bring on the NILE... :D

Hellfighter 04-23-2005 12:18 AM

Re: YES!!!! NO Crapasaurus N.I.L.E.
 
Quote:

Originally posted by NAVSPECWARCOM
Did you guys notice that the Mission Editor is a la BHD and previous versions of DF (Comanche4 too)? WOOT!

We don't need to futz with that stupid N.I.L.E.:D

Oh man! I'm mappin' today!

I have to agreed like the old style map editers BHD/C4 then the nile it too buggy for me to use. to much a headacke to fight with to do things in it.

~MOUSE~ 04-23-2005 09:15 AM

I'm sure I read some where that they would be providing both programs, so you can chose which one you like best.

Slinnky[TNT] 04-23-2005 11:29 AM

You can currently use NILE or MED to make maps.

Abraxas 04-23-2005 01:09 PM

I like NILE.because its very easy to use.Other editors are much harder to use.:)

KU43 04-23-2005 01:54 PM

have you tryed to get a little bird with rockets or mini guns in a game using the map editor? if you have let me in on it. every time i try it puts it's in the map but unarmed.

Dr. Bullet 04-23-2005 08:48 PM

what's the difference between nile and med?

-Tigger- 04-23-2005 08:59 PM

nile = full 3d editor u c what u will in the game while u make it

med = wireframe mode, just outlines of objects

NAVSPECWARCOM 04-24-2005 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KU43
have you tryed to get a little bird with rockets or mini guns in a game using the map editor? if you have let me in on it. every time i try it puts it's in the map but unarmed.
Yeah, I get the same problem. Also the T80 has no sound when the gun shoots, but has sound when the round hits.

Abraxas 04-24-2005 04:00 AM

I'm currently making a map and i have some LittleBirds with miniguns too,if i put a LB with Rockets i cant shoot with it.Are you putting the helos in Nile or in DFXMED?

dustyred 04-29-2005 07:41 PM

If the editor is more like BHD than im going to buy the game just for map making. I've gotten so use to the older map editors that nile is just too hard and I don't feel like learning a new way of making maps:)

EDGE 04-29-2005 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dustyred
If the editor is more like BHD than im going to buy the game just for map making. I've gotten so use to the older map editors that nile is just too hard and I don't feel like learning a new way of making maps:)
exactly. NL should have stuck with the old school MED

VooDoo- 04-29-2005 08:38 PM

there's a 2d view in nile too isn't there?

i dont see whats wrong with nile .. i rember maping in df2 and lw ... had to load the game every time i made a small ass change to the z axis ...in nile i just look at it in the 3d view..

bodybag 05-02-2005 12:24 PM

N.I.L.E makes you able to make the maps looking better. Much easyer to add stuff In buildings etc. then with the old MED. Too bad the N.I.L.E in DFX conflicts with the N.I.L.E in JO:TR and JO:E, makes me realy angry.

JonM 05-02-2005 09:43 PM

once you grow used to one, you don't like the other...

Rat Sass 05-08-2005 08:53 AM

Throw NILE into the Nile
 
As I see it, the N.I.L.E. is a concept-copy of the Far Cry editor, which requires 999 Gbytes of RAM at 999 TerraHertz to operate. Nice concept, but too heavy for most home systems.

Also, I think the user interface is awkward. I use CAD systems all day long... and I despise the NILE.

The MED is just fine for me! It's quick... which is important when I've got a spontaneous idea for a scenario. Remember- I'm not a game programmer... I don't make maps from story-boards and development meetings- I come home from work, turn the MED on, knock out a new map, and then get my A** kicked when I play it. Quick and clean... no time for NILE.

Thanks, NL, for the MED... havin' a ball!

Buzz 05-12-2005 03:41 PM

I just wish they included a flat terrain :(

Rat Sass 05-12-2005 10:40 PM

not quite
 
Quote:

Originally posted by -Elite-
once you grow used to one, you don't like the other...
Like I said- I use a CAD system all day long to design machinery. Bing-bang: wireframe in minutes to 12 decimal places. That's how I see the MED.

The NILE, on the other hand, will probably appeal to those who use rendering software, like 3dMax, etc. It's a different approach and it's what game designers are used to. It's a different perspective.

To me, X is left-right; Y is forward-backward; Z is up-down... just like back in school. But, NILE sez Z is in-out, etc: it's the relativity thing.

When I design, I look for functionality... I leave the pretty rendering up to the folks who do the brochures. Same with making maps... NL has already (I thank you) supplied the renderings... I just wanna make it functional and do it quickly, I don't care about doing a camera walk-thru... I've already visualized it.

So---------- can we keep both? Huh? Can we? Can we?

How about a nice, official translator so we can bounce between the two editors? Hey NL- I'D PAY NICE BUCKS FOR A DELTA FORCE MAP DEVELOPER'S PACKAGE. (Hint, hint.)

(Gawd- what a ramble that turned out to be. Sorry.)

Rat Sass

miaebow 05-13-2005 03:34 PM

At present I have both, but I fail to see why NL didn't just improve the original editor. It seems to me that with so many people already used to the program it would've been a little more welcome than a whole new learning curve.

Perhaps that's just me though.

NAVSPECWARCOM 05-15-2005 01:00 PM

Re: not quite
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Rat Sass
Like I said- I use a CAD system all day long to design machinery. Bing-bang: wireframe in minutes to 12 decimal places. That's how I see the MED.

The NILE, on the other hand, will probably appeal to those who use rendering software, like 3dMax, etc. It's a different approach and it's what game designers are used to. It's a different perspective.

To me, X is left-right; Y is forward-backward; Z is up-down... just like back in school. But, NILE sez Z is in-out, etc: it's the relativity thing.


I'm with you Rat. I don't know why but I have no problem manipulating items in Wireframe mode. I just seem to have an innate ability for spatial awareness (scored high on my ASVAB in that area). I also find it easier to place items within extreme tolerances switching between 2D and Wireframe. In NILE, it’s too time consuming trying to place objects without seams or in tight, accurate positions.

katana*GFR* 05-15-2005 04:47 PM

I prefer the old MED above the NILE, i like making maps but when i have to switch a 1000 times to get a decent placement, its getting annoying.

i tried the NILE but it wont be my thing, maybe in the far future when they only offer NILE ill try to work with it, but for now i stick with the MED as i know it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®