Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   DF:LW Error (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39824)

J-Factor 10-06-2007 11:03 PM

DF:LW Error

Ok my game installed ok, everyfile is where it supposed to be. But the only errors I get is when I try to join servers. I sometimes get

Systemdump
No Height Map

Can someone like please help me.

PS; my game version is 1.00.42, is that the right version?

.DareDevil. 10-07-2007 06:00 AM

As for the system dumps, they happen sometimes.You might try reinstalling Direct X or making sure you got latest.Most of all in your game folder, theres a folder called cache.Delete the files within it but not the folder itself.Make sure you have latest computer updates as well(Video Card,Direct X and etc..)

Now the height map has happened to me a few times on that game and a few other Delta Force Series!I always saw it as a map error, and I forgot how to fix it.

J-Factor 10-07-2007 11:19 AM

Everything in my computer is up to date.

Steve 10-07-2007 11:46 AM

height map errors would happen if you joined servers running mods. can you join any server without errors?

Chrispy 10-07-2007 01:26 PM

If you get a heightmap error in every server you go to, uninstall, delete game folder (feel free to back up saves, etc.) then reinstall. Also, make sure you're not running a mod yourself either then joining a non-mod server or a server running a totally different mod.

A heightmap error is to do with terrains BTW. ;)

Chris :)

Hellfighter 10-07-2007 03:47 PM

Systemdump
No Height Map

as steve said

its a server running a mod & i all so got that error from bad maps as will.

do you get that error from novaworld stats server or the public servers?

J-Factor 10-07-2007 05:36 PM

I can't even "uninstall"...And yes every server I try to go in I get

systemdump
No Height Map.

PS; This is what I get when I try to uninstall

the log file C:\Program files\novalogic\Delta Force Land Warrior\Uninst.isu is not vaild or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not contnue

THAT FILE IS IN THERE!

Hellfighter 10-07-2007 06:09 PM

gee

delete the game folder and restart the system totally

then try to install it again after you restart the system

place the real game Cd into the tray then install it.

don't use the copy cd its been copy badly

.DareDevil. 10-07-2007 06:43 PM

I have had that same problem before back a year or two ago with my other computer which is a Windows Me!I deleted mine through the registry a long time ago, but I found the following which looks familar

You should be able to delete it through the registry!I just am stuck on one part right now.

Do this:

Click Start on the Desktop

Click Run

Type regedit

Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Click SOFTWARE

Then Find Delta Force Land Warrior and delete the folder!

It should work!

I mean the topic I found on this talked about programs like GameSpy Arcade.The only difference was it was the same way as above, just when you click Software, you click Microsoft instead, then Windows ,then Current Version, then Uninstall and find the program.Since none of the games show up there and I certain this is the correct way.

Hope this all helps you!

J-Factor 10-07-2007 06:49 PM

I have Xp.

To everyone who replyed to this, thank's very much, My DF:LW works now.

.DareDevil. 10-07-2007 07:09 PM

I just edited my post above as you posted, so reread it for a future reference.Another idea might be a registry cleaner or something of the sort.It may remove the invalid entries manually.

J-Factor 10-07-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by .DareDevil.
I have had that same problem before back a year or two ago with my other computer which is a Windows Me!I deleted mine through the registry a long time ago, but I found the following which looks familar

You should be able to delete it through the registry!I just am stuck on one part right now.

Do this:

Click Start on the Desktop

Click Run

Type regedit

Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Click SOFTWARE

Then Find Delta Force Land Warrior and delete the folder!

It should work!

I mean the topic I found on this talked about programs like GameSpy Arcade.The only difference was it was the same way as above, just when you click Software, you click Microsoft instead, then Windows ,then Current Version, then Uninstall and find the program.Since none of the games show up there and I certain this is the correct way.

Hope this all helps you!

I did what you posted and it worked. Thank's very much "DD"