Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whats happened? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20633)

Grenademan 11-14-2004 04:42 PM

Whats happened?

Hey, some of youse from DFBarracks know who i am... umm...whats happened with the barracks??? And wargamershq (if any of you know what that is:D ) Does EE come here? Im assuming so...
thanks.

IcIshoot 11-14-2004 10:56 PM

what do you mean what's happened?

I was just at both dfbarracks.com and wargamershq.com.

Both of them seem to be ok...

IcI

Lakie 11-14-2004 11:22 PM

dfbarracks did have some domain name problems recently, maybe your still being affected by that?

BADDOG 11-15-2004 02:38 AM

I know DFbarracks was off after the election but I've had no problem with it since?

Regards:)

Steve 11-15-2004 09:25 AM

maybe a slow DNS refresh from ur ISP

SilentTrigger 11-15-2004 01:54 PM

Maybe a fish in the tub?

Grenademan 11-15-2004 04:44 PM

umm...what? lol it stopped working like 2 weeks ago and i havent been in ever since. I had nothing better to do in my spare time but assignments. WHAT THE HELL!? I never do assignments! Not till now anyway... I tried refreshing and everything but it keeps saying things like "the page you are looking for may have been removed had its name changed or is temporarily unavailable. blah blah blah" WTF!!!:mad:

IcIshoot 11-15-2004 06:37 PM

Try deleting your temporary internet files.

Also, pressing the SHIFT key while clicking refresh is supposed to force IE to look for an updated page.

IcI

.DareDevil. 11-15-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Does EE come here? Im assuming so...
Yes Eagle Comes here and posts some!!!!!!!!

Grenademan 11-15-2004 09:57 PM

ok, ok calm down;) will try what you all said. Thanks.

Grenademan 11-15-2004 10:07 PM

just tried everything. I cant delete the temporary internet files. I totally emptied it and it still didnt work. I tried theshift thing. Zippo. Dang namit, what now!?

Mauser 98K 11-15-2004 10:13 PM

ive had probs with connecting with servers b4 cause im on dialup and kept geting the page not found and all i did was to adjust the TTL (time to live) of the packets to a higher variable and the MTU to a smaller variable bout 576mtu and i also changed the transfer rate of the modem from (from modem to pc speed) from 15200 to 921600 by editing the properties in regestry you will fid this in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Modem for the transfer speed settings if you are on dialup. there should be a thing called properties and a value in it that sais C1 02 change that to 10 0E nad go to the DUN where it said 15200 there should be some new values.

DISCLAIMER: if you do this to your modem it is at your descretion and your choice and if it causes it to fail i wont be held legaly responsable.

In the same HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class you will also find the MTU,TTL,MSS,and RWIN settings. it helped my dialup but i make no promise

Grenademan 11-15-2004 10:19 PM

and how do you do that?

Mauser 98K 11-15-2004 10:37 PM

there isanother value called NET in the same list that the modem is in there you will find a value called IPMTU there you can set the MTU for the modem and depends on the operating system you have you will find some of the other values in the VXD MSTCP value the best ting to use is something called CableNut that is what i used to modify the MSS and the RWIN settings it will give you an interface to do this in so you dont have to edit the regestry. but to get into thr regestry setting go to START and click RUN and type in regedit if your operating system supports it

IcIshoot 11-15-2004 11:08 PM

It is also possible that your ISP's dns servers isn't resolving the domain name to ip.

IcI

Grenademan 11-16-2004 04:30 PM

yeah so how do i fi this? Ive been away from the barracks for over 2 weeks!?
btw, Im on at school computers, so its eally dodgy but i never had this problem.

IcIshoot 11-16-2004 04:50 PM

at school?

Maybe the school's network administrator has blocked it? or maybe the school's dns server isn't getting the IP for dfbarracks.com?

You may have to talk to some one at your school (like the network administrator or who ever is in charge of the computer(s) your using).

IcI

Grenademan 11-16-2004 04:55 PM

are you crazy!? the moment they find out ive been going to 'non-educational sites', they'll make sure i spend all eternity in the most unspeakable embarrasment!! Well ok, so they'll probably like do something less worse than that. Im in like a yr 11s and 12s only sort of school and the damned computers are so bloody strict its stupid. Come to think of it, this did happen before... i cant remember what i did though...

IcIshoot 11-16-2004 05:12 PM

lol, well, maybe they have caught on and have blocked it.

I know that on my personal network that I can see all the internet traffic, from which computer to which IP address on the internet:D

Grenademan 11-16-2004 08:31 PM

this has been the worst 2 days ever... Firstly, we got yr12 subject selections for next year, I gotta go at 2:00PM instead of early this morning so i dont know if i'll get into any classes, then the idiot maths teach reckosnh e cant sign me in to maths, so i had to change to physcology. :( And then dad steals my monitor cord so i cant play the computer.:mad: Now i cant see DFBARRACKS!?!?!? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!