Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   last 1 2 post wins (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29502)

skinny killer 06-26-2009 05:46 PM

ShArP is slack on the job so now I have to add dots.

Hellfighter 06-26-2009 06:29 PM

i believe devil dog #1 rules over all
hell look at MJ! he did a great job on him and see how long he lasted 50yrs lucky fool

skinny killer 06-26-2009 06:55 PM

uh huh.

That's what's wrong with America today.

How the heck can you say that and live in a country that was founded on God.

Our founding fathers would be ashamed of the America that exists today.

skinny killer 06-26-2009 06:56 PM

I just want to take the blindfold from your eyes.

Believe me. you've seen nothing. you've been living blind.

RedrumSalad 06-26-2009 07:34 PM

how bout we just drop this religous stuff, im getting tired of reading ur guys' opinions on the bible and all that stuff

skinny killer 06-26-2009 07:53 PM

ShadowZ 06-26-2009 08:25 PM

Skinny, just drop it. The more and more you try to press the Bible and Christianity upon others the less and less they are willing to even consider them.

It is their own personal right to choose their proverbial path, and only they can walk it.

I remember a profound thought from reading several fictional books that addresses this matter...

"Do you choose the path that has been cut for you? Or do you choose the path which has yet to be cut?"

Remember now, that a path can criss-cross many other paths... but still have the same destination. Also, it has been said that the actual destination is not important, but rather the journey and experiences gained along each traveler's chosen path.

"And if you do choose the path which has yet to be cut, which tool or tools would you be willing to use?"

Personally, I believe that one should try out each "tool" that they can get the chance to, so that they may weigh their options and pick which tool suits them best. Some people prefer the Axe, some prefer the chain-saw, while even others prefer the Hammer. Each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages, but it's up to the users to decide which tool works the best for them.

Skinny, I understand your concern over everyone's souls, but you must understand that they have the right to choose for themselves... and if they choose a different path you must respect their choice, no matter the outcome.

ShadowZ 06-26-2009 08:28 PM

On a much lighter note, what did everyone have for dinner tonight?

I had a nice stew of corn, tomatoes, and some hamburger.... it still needed salt and pepper though.

Sam 06-26-2009 08:37 PM

i mixed up some rice i cooked last night with some macaroni and green beans and little cubes of spam i found in the fridge, then once all that was mixed and microwaved up i put some ranch, and some mayonaise. Well we are just trying to change peoples mind shadow, but thank you for telling us what we are doing wrong.

VooDoo- 06-26-2009 08:43 PM

my aunt fell and broke her hip once walking up the church stairs ...

ShadowZ 06-26-2009 08:49 PM

No worries.

Hey have you ever tried something called Risotto?

I've made several of the non-alchoholic versions and loved eating every one of them :D

Hellfighter 06-26-2009 08:54 PM

Devil Dogs Rocks:rocker::eatme::rocker:

skinny killer 06-26-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowZ (Post 346630)
Skinny, just drop it. The more and more you try to press the Bible and Christianity upon others the less and less they are willing to even consider them.

It is their own personal right to choose their proverbial path, and only they can walk it.

I remember a profound thought from reading several fictional books that addresses this matter...

"Do you choose the path that has been cut for you? Or do you choose the path which has yet to be cut?"

Remember now, that a path can criss-cross many other paths... but still have the same destination. Also, it has been said that the actual destination is not important, but rather the journey and experiences gained along each traveler's chosen path.

"And if you do choose the path which has yet to be cut, which tool or tools would you be willing to use?"

Personally, I believe that one should try out each "tool" that they can get the chance to, so that they may weigh their options and pick which tool suits them best. Some people prefer the Axe, some prefer the chain-saw, while even others prefer the Hammer. Each of them have their own advantages and disadvantages, but it's up to the users to decide which tool works the best for them.

Skinny, I understand your concern over everyone's souls, but you must understand that they have the right to choose for themselves... and if they choose a different path you must respect their choice, no matter the outcome.

haha. that's pretty corny.

Well I can't say I respect their choice. more or less feel sorry for them. but I was not trying to force anyone. you need to re-read my posts. I was answering questions and making corrections.

I'm the one that was always saying the choice was yours. I've made mine. I guess I just wanted to try and help. But I guess I can't help anyone here.

and pluss I'd already "Dropped it". you just started it back up again.

ShadowZ 06-26-2009 09:12 PM

Eh... whatever. :P

Steve 06-26-2009 09:31 PM

when i stated my beliefs you questioned it, and i gave answers but all you offer in return is:

god is real because the bible says so...
we exist because the bible says to...
read the bible it explains everything...

it's THE typical thing that a religious person will say as if it's the be all and end all and the truth.

out of all the books out there what makes the bible a fact based book? why do you believe the bible? or why believe it instead of the Qur'an etc?

if you could answer this, it would be great :)

i'm open to believe a lot of things but i need some kind of evidence or proof, i've read the bible on and off but it's just impossible for me to believe right from the very start about the earth being created in 6 days and adam and eve and talking snakes, sry but i just can't go along with that. evolution seems much more logical and is at least able to be researched.

but the way it is, the bible shouldn't be taken literally by any means, which just leads to different interpretations and often to suit the way a particular individual wishes to believe either way.

re:"you don't understand and that's how god wants it"... the ultimate cop out tbh, if you were trying to cover up a lie, what would be THE number one excuse - "i could tell you but you wouldn't believe it"... well thanks for stating your case, you just failed to convince anyone.

skinny killer 06-26-2009 09:32 PM

skinny killer 06-26-2009 09:43 PM

http://www.josh.org/site/c.ddKDIMNtE...so_special.htm

Read that stevey

skinny killer 06-26-2009 09:45 PM

"lest anyone think this isn't something marvelous, we'd like to give you this challenge. Find ten people from your local area having similar backgrounds, who speak the same language, and all are from basically the same culture. Then separate them and ask them to write their opinion on only one controversial subject, such as the meaning of life.

When they have finished, compare the conclusions of these ten writers. Do they agree with each other? Of course not. But the Bible did not consist of merely ten authors, but forty. It was not written in one generation, but over a period of 1,500 years; not by authors with the same education, culture and language, but with vastly different education, many different cultures, from three continents and three different languages, and finally not just one subject but hundreds."

read the Bible and you'll see what they mean.

That's a good one. :D

Chrispy 06-26-2009 10:18 PM

We need a time machine for all this...

On another completely different note, this quote is interesting (it's not to be taken seriously, so don't hype up):

http://richardathome.files.wordpress...urus-quote.jpg

skinny killer 06-26-2009 10:36 PM

indeed that is a good quote. I do respect your being open minded to this Chrispy. and but once again you've not read the Bible (or you have but still don't understand it).

he is willing and he can. and he will as he has promised in the Bible.

I'm not going to preach about anything beyond my knowledge. so I'm going to give my opinion.

I believe it is all in his plan. he will destroy evil. just not yet. he is going to let us live our existence before he comes to claim us. to let us decide weather we will believe him or deny him.