Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The sickness! (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39405)

Chrispy 08-19-2007 10:58 PM

The sickness!

Okay, in the weekend, I got the flu. I've gotten the flu many times - no doubt. This flu peed me off so much that it actually stopped me from using the computer (seriously, it hardly does that). I had a major headache, and a pretty sore throat.

I tried lots of cures - gargling salt water (DISGUSTING!!!), having a hot lemon and honey drink, drinking ginger-flavoured water, etc. I really wasn't enjoying the weekend. I was brain-dead on the couch for so long just sleeping on and off every now and then. Couldn't even watch a movie properly at night because of this...

Now when I went to school today, I found out heaps of people just happened to catch the flu like me...

Anyone else recently caught a sickness?

Chris

Stephen 08-19-2007 11:12 PM

I just got over the Flu you just have to tough it out.

Hellfighter 08-20-2007 01:46 AM

drink a lot of water all so. stay in bed let your body rest-up

your body is fighting it thats why you get sick from it and a fever as will.

get will soon ok

i do mean drink a lot of water.

if your family not home with you call them asap! so they can help you out, this is no time to think you can handle it could be something other as will, go see your family Doctor

Steve 08-20-2007 04:09 AM

not really a lot you can do about flu, it's just inevitable. i get a cold every now and again but i've not been ill as such or seen a doctor for over 10 years :)

Chrispy 08-20-2007 04:11 AM

It's just the typical flu really - no need to see the doctor IMO. If it were really serious, I'd go see the doctor.

Yeah, drinking a lot of liquids does help out. It's amazing so many throughout NZ got the same sickness as me during the weekend - amazing....

Chris

Steve 08-20-2007 04:14 AM

at least i'm about as far away as i can get :D

ShArP 08-20-2007 08:04 AM

well i just got done having the cold for 2 weeks straight lol

i hope you get better Chris...

:D :D :D

Grenademan 08-20-2007 11:35 AM

LMAO...such a coincidence. I'm coming out of my flu. I'm just down to all the gunk n crap in me throat and nose...the aftermath.

Usually the stupid flu engulfes me in misery for weeks...but this time, I fought back! I kept myself warm at all costs, even at work. I drank gallons and gallons of water, took lots of throat-soothing lollies and 2 panadols when me mum told me to take em. Damn flu, that'll show it for trying to infect me!!

Matt 08-20-2007 12:18 PM

i get sick about once a year..and its just the common cold...i dont remember the last time i actually got sick sick

Rampage. 08-20-2007 12:59 PM

I remember the last time i got sick sick, I had the flu, it was about the worst experience of my life.. it sucked so badly, I was like dead for a week.

Spazz 08-20-2007 01:07 PM

Take a multi-vitamin everyday (iron free). I haven't been sick in like 2 years.

Hellfighter 08-20-2007 01:40 PM

Chrispy
how the weather there been raining a lot?
and it been really stormy weather there?

Mauser 98K 08-20-2007 06:32 PM

i dont really get the flu, i have worked with people that had it and lived with the same but havnt got it yet, thank the lord, lol.

only probs i really have is an ongoing battle with my sinuses that has been half my life, i guess thaere is so much mucus it catches anything going in.

Hellfighter 08-20-2007 09:33 PM

Mauser
you ever think you maybe a carrier of the flu virus?
glade i not one of your co-workers i be sick too j/k

Mauser 98K 08-20-2007 10:14 PM

lol, i probably the carrier of something a lot worse that is killing the flu so i never catch, has happened b4 where some1 catch something bad and it dont really makem sick but it kill everything else that could makem sick.

Chrispy 08-20-2007 11:36 PM

Yeah Mauser there must be something going on with my sinuses... Does getting the cold really easily have any relation to a weak immune system as well anyone?

@ Chief, the weather's been really random here. One minute it's sunny, the next minute it's pouring crap. The season's Winter here BTW. :|

Chris

Hellfighter 08-20-2007 11:57 PM

was thinking there was something up (weather) all your part of the world getting flu in the same general area