Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Have you met internet friends in real life? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33045)

Steve 02-05-2006 05:02 PM

Have you met internet friends in real life?

I'm pretty sure ppl that do not use the internet find it very creepy, but have you met up with friends that you only know through the internet?

obviously there is the age factor, where younger peeps don't have the ability to travel as easily. but if so - do you plan on meeting someone?

personally:

went to a LAN in Germany to see my old squad, there was about 20 or so people from germany, holland, swiss.

met my current clan a few times - UK only clan, have been paintballing and some lans.

went to Sweden for a special gaming event. met some guys that i dint know that well (from other gaming clans), was a really good weekend.

sry no online daing horror stories :p just gaming related. although other ppl dont understand it, you get to meet ppl with very similar hobbies and interests, and low and behold they are all normal people (well most).

-Tigger- 02-05-2006 05:05 PM

planning to go to the netherlands to a lan party / the marches this year, or next and meet up with squad mates

Steve 02-05-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BB
planning to go to the netherlands to a lan party / the marches this year, or next and meet up with squad mates

ooh which?

http://www.the-party.nl/ ?

-Tigger- 02-05-2006 05:25 PM

its a squad one, involves 3 squads

107th, MLK and BoB

Scott 02-05-2006 05:33 PM

nope :(

Hellfighter 02-05-2006 05:35 PM

my brother meet his wife on the internet and got marry to her, they been marry now for 3yrs now, have one baby together. she live away up north of United states and he live down here in Florida, after they got marry he move up with her and got a house together up there.

me i have not meet any people in person from the internet ether, other then my Tech support i pay to service my system. nope

Jeff 02-05-2006 06:37 PM

Cant say i have. I'm just too far out of the way.

-live-wire- 02-05-2006 06:38 PM

I met a squadmate from Delta Force 1 last year. Schaft is his username and he turned out to be a first class guy ...just like I had assumed he was from the several years we played DF together. I raise Siberian Huskies and Schaft happened to own one as well that needed a mate. I fixed him up with a beautiful female pup and had a great visit with my virtual friend. He sends me pictures of " Tequila", the pup and says that "Taz" has really taking a licking...I mean liking...to her.
I hope to visit with my friend in person again sometime. I will see him very soon in a server near you....right through my red-dot-scope! Doink!
<:{{{}}}><

.DareDevil. 02-05-2006 06:47 PM

Not really as of yet but i have seen some on webcam but not naked wise :D

Matt 02-05-2006 10:06 PM

i met someone online, then realized i knew them in real life too....was freakin weird (darkchaos for all those who know him)

BADDOG 02-06-2006 09:21 AM

Yes I've met a few people I've known online playing BHD and in the case of one or two have become good friends with them since:)!!!!

Warm Regards :) ;)

Erik 02-06-2006 09:56 AM

Nope not really...wouldnt mind it though...if I move down to Bradenton (God Im hoping I can pull that of) Im gonna swing by and see troj and diff place a call to tril and party it up.

Troy 02-06-2006 10:29 AM

Yes, I've had some romantic interludes with female friends met online. :)

DogSoldier~MLK~ 02-06-2006 12:18 PM

i have met a few ppl from the former UX clan and also a few from my current squad and plus ppl from *BoB* and Warriors of the 107th

*EDIT*

BB you gonna be going to the next lan party in holland?

Lakie 02-06-2006 06:49 PM

ive met a stack of peolpe that i initially knew online, but mostly were talking things like conference organizers and speakers that we always knew eventually wed meet...

Cant say ive met anyone i consider a mate cause i knew them online, although my uncle met his wife on EverQuest...

Troy 02-06-2006 06:59 PM

I was once a paid member of www.americansingles.com. I've got lucky on a few occassions and still converse with some that I met there years ago. If I were a filthy rich man, I would beg King Abullah to marry his wife after he got tired of her western ways, lmao. j/p Your Majesty! ;)

the þrox™ 02-06-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Trilogy
i met someone online, then realized i knew them in real life too....was freakin weird (darkchaos for all those who know him)
That would freak me out a bit...

teej 02-07-2006 06:22 AM

ive met quite a few people through xbox live i would consider friends.

Matt 02-07-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Erik
Nope not really...wouldnt mind it though...if I move down to Bradenton (God Im hoping I can pull that of) Im gonna swing by and see troj and diff place a call to tril and party it up.
yeah man if u move to bradenton let me know ill show u around town

Erik 02-07-2006 11:26 AM

August is the plan...Moving on the whim no job and no work but Im letting the big guy guide me.