Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Where Do you go to see a test map you're doing? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43347)

M*O*B 06-02-2009 02:30 PM

Where Do you go to see a test map you're doing?

I just picked up DFX2 today. I'm interested in trying to make some maps for it. I see the med editor works the way most of them do, but when I save the file I'm stumped to find a way to pull it up for review. Probably a stoopid question but I'm sitting here scratching my head. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Steve 06-02-2009 03:25 PM

guess it depends on the game type, for multiplayer can't you just host your own server and load the map?

M*O*B 06-02-2009 03:27 PM

You'd think so, but for the life of me, I haven't seen anything that is even remotely close to being marked as hosting.

M*O*B 06-02-2009 03:29 PM

Ok, I take it back. I just found where you host a game and that's where the damn test map is showing. Sorry to be such a dope on this one.lol Thanks Steve.

Steve 06-02-2009 03:34 PM

hehe np, well if you ain't done it before then noone expects you to know :) glad you got it sorted anyway :gj:

make sure you submit your new map when it's finished :D

M*O*B 06-02-2009 03:37 PM

Will do Steve,
Guess my mistake was thinking like it was a BHD map. For anyones future info, it's setup like JO, you have to login to Novaworld to see whatever you're working on, at the top tabs is a heading for hosting so that's where you go in to view your map.

Xx_jet_xX 06-02-2009 03:55 PM

if you dont set the gametype and leave it as single player you can test it in the sp instant action.

Steve 06-02-2009 03:56 PM

hmpf more awkward than the old days. could you add a single player spawn and load it as a single player map?

/edit jet just answerd that, cheers jet :)

M*O*B 06-02-2009 04:21 PM

Thank you jet

Hellfighter 06-02-2009 05:50 PM

me i set the map for single player or check it out in lan mode

to see how everything workout before i upload it to a site

M*O*B 06-05-2009 10:05 AM

I'm using the single player mode for working with the map and it works fine now. Guess I'm too use to working with BHD meds. For the most part I think it'll go along smoothly, just wish the programming folks would have put the copy & paste back the way it is with BHD, right click to use it,rather then the way it was set up with JO where you have to go back to the edit at the top of the page.

IcIshoot 06-05-2009 11:40 AM

Just don't forget to do a final test in multiplayer mode to make sure the team markers are placed correctly lol

M*O*B 06-05-2009 01:24 PM

Will do, thanks

~BLÃÐE~ 06-07-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M*O*B (Post 345634)
I'm using the single player mode for working with the map and it works fine now. Guess I'm too use to working with BHD meds. For the most part I think it'll go along smoothly, just wish the programming folks would have put the copy & paste back the way it is with BHD, right click to use it,rather then the way it was set up with JO where you have to go back to the edit at the top of the page.

Ctrl + C, then right click paste or Ctrl + V works well.

Hellfighter 06-08-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M*O*B (Post 345634)

off hand you try to make a shortcut and edited it by add-in: dfx2med.exe" /showall or -showall in to it in the target line at the end of it

it may unlock it and copy and past may show up then, not 100% on it

Myst3ry 06-09-2009 11:13 AM

ok i have downloaded a couple df x 2 maps ...

what do i do with them ?

any info is greatly appreciated !

Chrispy 06-09-2009 02:26 PM

Chuck the files into your game folder? Or to locate it find your DFX2 shortcut, right-click and go to Properties and "Find Target", and chuck the map files in there.

Hellfighter 06-09-2009 05:35 PM

take the files out of the zip-file and place them all into: C:\Program Files\NovaLogic\Delta Force Xtreme 2 (folder)

then start the game and play them or host them so other can join in your server!

always use the host options in the game to setup your game server as you like it to be play on!

*if you host it some will love you to disable the tracers in came play, it kills the game play for some if its enable.
*some hate the M60 & M249 (SAW), them mech-guns! rate of fire is kill to much! i love them a lot eheh

i welcome any Nods or grenade of any type! even M11! is sweetey sweetey pie to me!
==================
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...es/welcome.gif
Myst3ry

welcome to NovaHq.net
enjoy your stay here! :gj:

BLACK WIDOW 02-07-2014 01:44 AM

do u think dfx2med can work aip file if u control chopper?

why ai only can fire aip

example:
ah6 with miniguns
aip file:ah6 rocket

Guest001 02-11-2014 11:53 AM

Most of the AI text files are usable and interchangeable and can easily be set in the MEd AI properties sheet for that item.