Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   DF:X Question (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45926)

Quizkid 05-08-2011 08:12 PM

DF:X Question

How do I lock the player in a seat? I've heard of a "seatbelt 1" command, or something like it, but couldn't get it to work. I've tried guard also, but it still allows the player to get out of the vehicle and walk around...

grenadier501 05-08-2011 09:00 PM

Quizkid, try using set(seatbelt,1) in the WAC file

for example:

if ssnonssn(10000,315) and never() then
set(seatbelt,1)
endif

(315 is the SSN number of the vehicle/seat) That should work, good luck.. :gj:

Quizkid 05-08-2011 09:00 PM

Thanks, I'll try that.

MERMITE 05-09-2011 01:41 AM

grenadier is right, but think LONG and HARD...when it comes to FIDDLING with the player in any map, many players will take an instant dislike to you and your maps, just by putting this command to your Wac.

There is about a dozen actions in the .wac that will get you sacked as a mapper...this is one...wait an see!..lol

"M"

Quizkid 05-09-2011 05:02 PM

hahahahaha, yea thats true.
It won't work anyways.
Oh well.
I was trying to keep the player from getting the seat of a truck that is inside of a mil-26 and then jumping out really fast, cause it glitches and the player goes through the top of the helo and gets killed, right after the helo takes off...

Any one know how to lock a spawn point to a vehicle, like have the player spawn in the helo in midair, while its flying???

dave61 05-09-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizkid (Post 372634)
hahahahaha, yea thats true.
It won't work anyways.
Oh well.
I was trying to keep the player from getting the seat of a truck that is inside of a mil-26 and then jumping out really fast, cause it glitches and the player goes through the top of the helo and gets killed, right after the helo takes off...

Any one know how to lock a spawn point to a vehicle, like have the player spawn in the helo in midair, while its flying???

Can't be done... unless the player wants to be in that seat !

But ..... , when he chooses that seat you can then lock his behind in that seat!

Like MERMITE said ... you may piss off the player, so do so at you're own risk!

Quizkid 05-09-2011 08:56 PM

Yea, I typed set(seatbelts, 1) not set(seatbelt, 1)

and I really don't want to make the player mad, I want the opposite.

I don't want him killed by a glitch because he got out of his seat and got cut by rotors.

MERMITE 05-10-2011 01:49 AM

Hmmmmmm keep it real,

I imagine this is the player gonna go to the red team base, far to early in the mission and the Med to get it complicated, get your notebook and pen and go for a burger and coke.

NOTE: when you got it right the mission WILL write itself...it's that easy and in any language too!

"M"

Guest001 05-10-2011 03:36 AM

You can do it in BHD no worries
*tip: You do it at the start of the game only