Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Talk (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Who's picking up Borderlands? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44180)

Scott 09-13-2009 06:35 PM

Who's picking up Borderlands?

For the xbox? I'm planning on it unless something in the near future turns me off from it. I'm going to need a co-op partner because I am an achievement whore and there are co-op achievements.

Anyone? :ohnoes:

teej 09-13-2009 10:26 PM

it definitively looks interesting but I don't think I will pick it up right away.

Chrispy 09-15-2009 02:05 PM

I've been following this game so much, it's knocked MW2 off my #1 list of games to look forward to. Damn right. :)

Scott 09-15-2009 08:23 PM

I can't wait for this either now that more and more videos are coming out. Loot + RPG + FPS + Comedy? I really hope this plays out well.

The lack of games this Christmas is depressing.

There are only 3 games I want from now till next year:
Borderlands
Assassins Creed II
GTA IV Expansion pack

And maybe if they turn out good:
Alpha Protocol
Rouge Warrior
Lego Indiana Jones II

Next year however, there are way to many A+ games coming out

Splinter Cell: Conviction
Alan Wake
Max Payne 3
Fable III
Mafia II
LEGO Harry Potter
Crackdown 2
Heist
Just Cause 2
Red Dead Redemption
James Bond 007

Chrispy 09-17-2009 11:25 PM

I just spent two days on a school trip and already there's a fat influx of new footage and info on the game, and I'm capped damnit! :D

teej 09-18-2009 12:12 AM

brutal legend
halo ODST ( should be a pretty good sp)
alpha protocol
borderlands
forza 3
sw force unleashed expan.
dragon age origin
assassins creed 2
L4D 2
Rogue Warrior (I think this will be an unexpected great game)
possibly The Saboteur
bioshock 2
possibly bayonette
mass effect 2
max payne 3
maybe dante's inferno
singularity
BAD COMPANY 2!!!(loved the first one)
crysis 2
FAllout 3 new vegas exp.
and of course, halo reach

There are quite a few I am looking forward to and that is just some of them. There seems to be a lot of new promising games coming out. I hope they are all good.

Scott 10-17-2009 06:47 PM

This game comes out this Tuesday!! If anyone is picking it up for xbox let me know :D

Chrispy 10-17-2009 07:08 PM

I really wanna get it for PC. This game looks badass.

I think retailers have already been selling this game early. There's been lots of leaked footage on YouTube as well as live streams.

teej 10-20-2009 06:34 PM

I picked it up scott. The whole thing about the game is that you choose a character and do quests. You level up and further make your class unique to your playing style with talent trees. You go through the game getting better weapons and so on.

I am not sure if I like this game. It has no multiplayer to it. I did not read a whole lot about the game before it came out but I was under the impression that there was going to be some sort of multiplayer to it. You can play over xbox live but it is only coop. You can team up with just random people but all you do it play the single player. A level 40 can come into the beginning of the game and play all of the level 1 quests with other low levels.

Basically, all this game is is a world of warcraft fps for console. But without the pvp. If I remember correctly, there are places where you can go to battle each other. they are kind of like arenas but I have not tried those out yet.

The game is a lot like world of warcraft in many ways. There are 6 different colors of items. In other words, if the gun shows a a different color, depending on the color will depend on how rare it is in the game. From common to rare, the coloring goes: white, yellow, green, blue, purple, orange.(just like the world of warcraft item coloring). You have classes with different talent trees just like wow.

I was hoping it would be something like you play your character in single player and do all of that stuff. Then you could take your character online and just have huge battles with other players.

I think why I am disappointed in borderlands is because it reminds me so much of world of warcraft. I was hoping to get an entirely new gaming experience.

I would rent it first, scott. See if you like it or not.

teej 10-20-2009 06:57 PM

and if I am wrong about the multiplayer thing in any way, please someone let me know.

Scott 10-20-2009 07:05 PM

I already have it and opened it and will give it some play tonight. I heard the co-op is where most of the fun takes place. I don't mind slightly repetitive games and I can't remember the last time the story in a game kept me playing it. It's getting some pretty good reviews everywhere. I will post my initial opinion after a little bit of play.

It could be like fallout where it requires quite a few hours before it gets any good. I played fallout for about 6 hours and thought it was dumb and boring. After that it became really interesting and addictive. I probably logged an easy hundred hours into that game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teej (Post 355657)
and if I am wrong about the multiplayer thing in any way, please someone let me know.

From my understanding the MP is mostly Co-op. Although you can do cage style battle matches. There is no real open world all vs all MP though I don't believe.

Chrispy 10-20-2009 11:00 PM

The average scores at the moment are around 85%. The highest I've seen is a 9.3. :)

RedrumSalad 10-21-2009 06:15 PM

games i might get

MW2

Assassins Creed II

Bad Company 2
(as you can see, i like 2's :D)
wish MAG was for 360

Scott 10-21-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedrumSalad (Post 355688)
Assassins Creed II

I can't wait for Assassins Creed II. That would kick ass if they had some sort of co-op or something.

RedrumSalad 10-21-2009 07:29 PM

dude, i know, it would be like GTA IV if there was tho, only in the Renaissance

Scott 10-25-2009 01:46 PM

Personally, I really like this game. I love loot and trying to find better weapons etc. It's really started to pick up now that I am further along in the game. I played co-op with 4 people and it was pretty awesome. The enemies get alot harder with co-op which makes it alot more interesting.

teej you need to come on again.. but you should talk a little ;)...

Chrispy 10-25-2009 06:02 PM

Good to hear Scott. How much variety is there in the zones, mobs, story, etc?

Scott 10-26-2009 09:04 AM

I'd give this game about a 9/10 for it being so unique and fun.

Maps:
The zones are all very different and the maps are very large. So far I have uncovered about 25 of the zones. You are free to roam anywhere in the game but you can’t enter every building. Even though the maps are large they don’t take forever to cover. Your running speed seems just right and if you don’t want to walk you can always visit one of the many vehicle stations.

Quests:
There are literally hundreds of quests and you get them from bulletin boards in some cities or from people in the wasteland. Most of them revolve around killing something or finding items to bring back. Each one is different but some might thinks it’s repetitive. I really like the fact that you can start one quest and then switch to another in the middle and still go back and complete it later.

Enemies:
The enemies change from zone to zone too. You fight humans, spiders, birds, dogs, monsters and the like. Some of them shoot guns, spit projectile, hit you with things or try to suicide bomb you. The variety is vast and they increase in difficulty depending on your level and the quest.

Story:
The story is pretty basic. I am not big on following stories in games like this because there are TONS of quests but it has something to do with a group of scientists being sent to find a vault. Then you start to help the last one left find the vault. I’m in the middle of the story and that’s about all I know about it. I’m sure you can find a better explanation of it online somewhere.

Weapons:
One of the best parts of this game is the weapons. There are tons and tons of weapons and later on in the game you find more rare ones and you find them more often. There are a few types of weapons (Sniper, Shotty, SMG, Combat Rifle, Pistol, Revolver, and Rocket Launcher). Every weapon you find is different in some way either. You can find the most basic weapons to weapons that explode on impact or send shock waves. The grenades work the same way. It’s exciting every time you open a chest of see a weapon fall from an enemy. I really enjoy loot type games so this is right up my alley.

Co-op:
You can play with up to four other players in co-op with your own character. Anything you get from the wasteland you can take back to your own game in single player. The enemies get harder and harder for each co-op partner you have. With four people the enemies are pretty hard to take down by yourself and there are alot of them. Co-op is pretty fun.