Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   you know some one who got hit by lighting? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26651)

Hellfighter 06-09-2005 09:29 PM

you know some one who got hit by lighting?

how many of you all know some one who got hit by lighting?

i know of two people who did got hit by lighting.

a women who was taken care of her flower bed out side, she think the storm was over and it was safe, she gone out bare feet on the lawn and walk to work on her flowers next she knows she was laying face down in the ground, she seen a flash and black out. her sister taken her to the hospital. Florida 1994

a man was working with a road work when he got hit by lighting, he flow about 60ft across the road into a bush were his coworkers seen it all, they call 911 and got him some help, he's work boots were no good after that and his right arm was never same again. Ohio 1977

link: http://www.slate.com/id/2120260/?GT1=6554

if you do tell us like to hear their story

Maria G 06-09-2005 10:03 PM

Near My House a old lady went golfing and a unknown storm came in and got her and she died.

Mauser 98K 06-09-2005 10:06 PM

i got a backfeed off the fence 1day when i was leaning on it, it struck the neighbors tower that is like 20ft from fence, felt like i got hit by a truck.

Lucky 06-09-2005 10:21 PM

a telefone post outside my house got hit.. it was really scary cause i heard it and it was REALLY REALLY LOUD

-live-wire- 06-10-2005 02:24 AM

oh....I thought you got hit by lightning Chief......
<:{{{}}}><

BADDOG 06-10-2005 02:27 AM

When I was a kid a friend of mine ran into some nearby woods during a thunderstorm and stood under a large oak tree, (yes stupid I know!), and was thrown across the ground when it was struck!

He was bruised badly on his right shoulder and never again stood under a tree during a storm!

Regards :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

-Tigger- 06-10-2005 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Living
a telefone post outside my house got hit.. it was really scary cause i heard it and it was REALLY REALLY LOUD
yep, same happened 2 me, except it was the house beside me, and well it was close enough i didnt actually see anything bcos i wasnt looking in that direction but when it hit i wasnt able to hear anything for like 15mins my ears were ringing :(

i dont know any1 who got hit by lightning but if u get hit its like what 50/50 u survive?

nasty thing though

VooDoo- 06-10-2005 07:13 AM

i don't know anyone that has been hit...

but once i was just chillin on my shlterd porch and lightning hit my tree, like 15-20 feet away

ssoo freaking loud, it was awsome, see a pulse of electricity like that...and the sound comes intantly...sparks from the tree, it was nuts....

atholon 06-10-2005 08:37 AM

I don't know anyone personally.

Hellfighter 06-10-2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by -live-wire-
oh....I thought you got hit by lightning Chief......

me nope i came close; i was 12yrs old (1972 Calif San Jose) a bolt of lighting came through the liven room window hit the family TV-Set, a old RCA B/W set, blow the heck out Picture tub, made all of us jump like crazy. no one was hurt. the window was open to let some fresh air in when it happen.

i did not say anything about it reason no one was hit by it, thats as close as i got to being hit by one.

DevilDog#1 06-10-2005 11:54 AM

I think I saw something about a guy being hit by lightening like 5 or 7 times at Ripley's Believe It Or Not @ Branson.

-live-wire- 06-10-2005 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chief ADFP
me nope i came close; i was 12yrs old (1972 Calif San Jose) a bolt of lighting came through the liven room window hit the family TV-Set, a old RCA B/W set, blow the heck out Picture tub, made all of us jump like crazy. no one was hurt. the window was open to let some fresh air in when it happen.

i did not say anything about it reason no one was hit by it, thats as close as i got to being hit by one.

You sure you didn't have the remote in your hand?? positive?? absolutely positively sure?? ( I am messing with you Chief) ...
If anyone has been hit by lightning around here..it might as well be me..I mean look at the symptoms..and my signature..dang! it got my avatar too! ..I need to see the Doc..

SilentTrigger 06-10-2005 05:31 PM

Been electricuted but never by lightning, had a bit of a lightning show inside one, lightning struck the electircal system and i saw a lightning flash from one hole in an outlet to the other hole (lol, cords are called nolla and fas, dont know the correct term in english so i will just call them holes as that is what they are) and a big bang with it. Strangly that outlet started acting "funny" heh. Never did check it out, even though i have been thought what might happen, but hmm i guess i was lazy. Don't live their now so. Thats basicly it. We have big storms here but they are not that frequent like the warm US, nice thing, its alot of power in there.

SilentTrigger 06-10-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DevilDog#1
I think I saw something about a guy being hit by lightening like 5 or 7 times at Ripley's Believe It Or Not @ Branson.
Yep remember something simular. Dont remember the number of times though, just that it was several times :(

Hmm had a teacher that was badly electricuted, his ticker has never been good after those moments. Not a lightning either, but he got stuck on a metal "shoe" and as it was industry there ware no fuses to cut the power, so he was stuck there quite a while, he screamed all he could but he didn't get an ounce of sound out of his mouth. He was lucky that there was a worker there who saw him and knew what to do (ie not tuch him) That was one time of several, stragngley he still works as a electrision/teacher, good actually gives us people a knowlage of his expericne as well as know what he did wrong and lern from it :)