Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Has anyone else noticed this??? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20309)

Cujo>DK< 10-31-2004 04:20 PM

Has anyone else noticed this???

Recently my mouse has started acting very very strange.

When I'm not playing a game it's working fine, but while in either Land Warrior or TFD it stops moving like i'm getting lag, or my weapons change on their own. This problem even occurs when playing Far Cry.

Has anyone else had this problem?

And yes I've cleaned the rollers inside the mouse, cleaned the ball, and re-installed the drivers.

Matt 10-31-2004 05:43 PM

cleaned the ball??

i think thats ur problem. i think its time for an upgrade :)

go optical

Steve 10-31-2004 06:07 PM

how much ram do u have?
if its laggy like that then your sys might be low on resources

Cujo>DK< 11-01-2004 04:49 AM

Well Steve I have 256MB 333 PC2700 DDR, but it's been working fine, this just started happening recently.

And I am thinking of going optical, but I'd still like to know why this is happening.

Even if the inside of my mouse were dirty that still wouldn't explain the unexpected weapon changes.

I have it set up that either the numeric keys, or my scroll wheel would change my weapons. But I'm not touching either, and my weapons change.

I've got another mouse that I can try, until I'm able to get an optical. I'll let you know if the problem continues.

Steve 11-01-2004 05:15 AM

yeah my next suggestion is to test another mouse if u have a spare.

256 is pretty low for Far Cry but that really should be ok for LW, so i'd say its not the ram ;)

Cujo>DK< 11-01-2004 05:31 AM

if you have a spare

lol steve I've got a backup for almost everything, 4 backup keyboards, 3 backup mice, 1 backup monitor, 2 sets of backup speakers, 2 back up CD-roms, 1 backup DVD-rom, 1 backup sound card, and cords galore. I think I might even look into a backup vid card, mobo, power supply, and hard drive.

Better to have them an not need them, than not to have them at all.

-Tigger- 11-01-2004 10:00 AM

just by a second PC Cujo lol...

I know if it gets very laggy while gaming it`ll happen, some guys where throwing alot of smoke i mean alot as in 6 grenades each in area and it effected 3 opf our members at the other side of the map and they couldnt move their mouse..

Hellfighter 11-01-2004 11:30 AM

Cujo>DK<
what type of mouse is it?
Model name and make please.

and type i mean is a ball type or a laser Optical type.

ball type you will need to open the cover to the ball inside you see bars it rolls on these some time need to be ripe off some time with a dry cloth these bars build up with dirt.

i replace my old optical mouse the clicker on the left gone bad got a cheap optical one call: Logitech MFG: Mini Optical Mouse it was USD-14.00

i keep a ball mouse as a backup when they do start to stick best open them up and clean them. you can open the whole housing and clean out any hair that may got inside by taken the screws out and left up the back up lean forward and push. in the front of it there be (most part) two hook to latch on to push lightly forward. be careful of taken out anything best blow it clean with a can of air to spay out any dirt/hair. the bar still need to be ripe off by hand.

.DareDevil. 11-03-2004 09:23 PM

Ya Know Cujo i have heard that Mouse Sensitivity may need to be fixed may be set to move too slow sometimes thats the issue or your ping in the server is really dam high!!!!!!

Cujo>DK< 11-04-2004 10:43 AM

Well the problem has been solved. My mouse was just tired of all the killing and it was staging a protest. At least that's as close as I can figure out. That's why when my weapons would switch it'd be switching to the least lethal weapons.

So now I've got an optical mouse and everything is back to normal.

So guys if your mouse starts acting funny replace it and let it know that you're the boss.

Hellfighter 11-04-2004 06:03 PM

i had a older mouse it to gone bad the left mouse key would not like to work at all after a time became harder to press down on to get it to do anything at all. switch to a better newer mouse work good now. i had to use my backup ball mouse after a time got a new optical mouse to replace the older optical mouse that went bad.