Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   TFD Terrains (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3340)

STEALTH 07-06-2002 11:39 AM

TFD Terrains

I feel that TFD went cheap on the terrains. I think that dflw terrains prolly could have been included in tfd with out to much hassle from ZombieLogic. I gladly would have paid an xtra $5 for the game to have them in TFD.

Perhaps in the near future there will be a??????:

DFHQ X-Pk4TFD

including DFLW stock maps, objects, terrains, skys, etc.........

any comments?

Steve 07-06-2002 04:14 PM

no probs, could be done easily

STEALTH 07-06-2002 05:31 PM

hmm maybe thats why i mentioned it... lol I got to thinking about it a lil more and it might be pretty easy to build a program to extract files from a CD dflw pff and repack to a hard drive TFD pff. Most TFD owners have DFLW on CD. So all that would be needed is to d/l a small program to do the work, and not a huge d/l stuffed with images. Just a thought..

zza1pqx 07-06-2002 08:04 PM

You are too damn smart for your own good stealth

Steve 07-07-2002 03:44 AM

nice idea but i think it might break some copyright stuff.
i mean peeps push it nough as it is - df1 and df2 terrains in dflw, commanche 4 MED in LW, df2 items in DFLW.

someone mentioned moving all tfd stuff to lw but that would mean no-one had to buy tfd to play it in effect so that would be a no-go for sure.

terrains wil probably be ok an dthe download will be huge, but your idea about transfering files is a great one. it would require some kind of special installer where the user would have to sellect .pffs i imangine. sounds good but no doubt would cause hassle as you wont believe how many people have trouble even installing new maps.

im sure Terra-Nova are cooking something up ;)

[wise1] 07-07-2002 03:38 PM

I'm pretty sure bringing maps over from LW to TFD is against copy right restrictions. But then again... most of you have burned games from KAZAA on here. So what the heck, it wouldnt matter a thing.

[wise1]

Steve 07-07-2002 04:43 PM

i think terrains would be ok just not the whole game ;)

STEALTH 07-07-2002 06:32 PM

Taking DFLW files from a CD u purchased should not be a prob. Each person would be using their own DFLW CD and files for personal use and not selling or making a profit from.
But they would be using those files for a MOD/ENHANCEMENT on/to TFD. I know zer0 about copyright laws but I would think that Nova would encourage something like this because you would have to own both DFLW & TFD.

I do think terrains and some objects would be a good idea.
A lot of objects have made the crossover all ready.
I can live with out the stock *.mis and *.bms maps.

lol ty ZZ I do try to outsmart myself when ever I can.
(but it usually gets me in trouble)

[wise1] 07-07-2002 07:27 PM

LoL stealth... I dont know, it just seems too good to be legal. But hey I dont know anything about copy right laws either.

[wise1]