Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Have anyone tried this..... (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3552)

Camouflage UK© 07-15-2002 07:37 PM

Have anyone tried this.....

What I am trying to work on is maps that play like coop.But with a twist I thought I would share this idea just to see if any one think yes good idea well i hope so lol.

It would be set up as a team deathmatch but as in coop its you against AI which is never as good as playing against unpredictable human players, so the opposite side would take the AI's place so as well as having to fight each other both teams would have to complete Objectives as well as fight off the enemy.The first team to complete the last objective would win the game.I have done an example mission in where the red team has shot down the blue teams heli,and in order to win the game the survivers of the heli crash(the blue team) have to take a case back to their base to win the game or the red team get the case away from the blue team and back to their awaiting transport to win the game .The example map will be downloadable soon on our squads site.But any map maker should know how to do this without the need for the example........ :) or I could upload it straight to DF-HQ.

Bustin 07-18-2002 04:51 PM

in order for a game to run like that the server would have to set score and time limit to 0.

Camouflage UK© 07-18-2002 05:19 PM

Yes That Is what I have done as there is a different objective to win the game. But I am doing these maps as inn house games for your own teams Not to be put up on a public server or you would have players joining without knowing what is going on.I would like info for adding text so the objectives appear when a trigger is set at the respawn so as soon as players come into the game the text would show up.On the TFD editor there is an event for this.So its just what or how do i create the text file ie notepad and then use the event to load up the text file if thats the way it works.I have been making maps now since the release of df2 but i have never used text so thats the thing i need to do if i was to host them in public games.:)

†rïþÌê X »MRF« 07-31-2002 09:07 AM

I thought the sound of it was cool but I really dont think co-opers would go for it,or even tdmers. they really wouldnt follow the obj's but just go rambo with thier ammo.

Camouflage UK© 07-31-2002 04:15 PM

Thats why it might be best to keep it in-house games only so its only for the team and no one else....But thanx for the feedback m8..... :)

Lone Rebel~BIA~ 07-31-2002 06:53 PM

Dude camo that idea sounds ssssssssssssssssssssweet. do you mind if i make some maps using ur idea? I dont mind giving you credit if you want it.

Lone Rebel~BIA~ 07-31-2002 06:58 PM

Hey camo you could download the dialog editor and make your own sound/text events then just make it so everytime someone on blue is within the area triggers (their spawn) they see the message.And do the same for red, then just send the needed file to your squad members so they can see the text event:D Only prob is DF Barracks is the only place I remember seeing the dialog editor at. But I have it! if you need it just email me at lone_rebel_bia@yahoo.com:)

Camouflage UK© 08-01-2002 04:22 PM

Yes Feel free to use it m8,As thats why i put it on here.It was an idea to get coop type games that 2 teams can play.I look forward to your maps you will have to let me know when you have one done and ill come in and test it with you..... :)

Lone Rebel~BIA~ 08-01-2002 04:23 PM

K I am making it for ~BIA~ to practice on but u are definately invited. And like I said b4 if you need the dialog editor just email me

Camouflage UK© 08-01-2002 04:29 PM

sorry forgot to mention that in the reply glad you remembered lol yes ill have that ill send an email asap I have just re-installed so I have the horrid task of re-installing all my software again.And Thanx m8......