Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your gaming name... (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39678)

ShArP 09-19-2007 12:59 PM

Your gaming name...

Where did you get your current gaming name from??

Well my ShArP name has been used since i first got a computer lol, about 6 years ago i bought Delta Force Land Warrior and used the name SharpShooter, then i went and joined a squad and i had to shorten the name so i shortened it to Sharp, then everyone else in the squad had every other letter capitalized and that is how i got ShArP out of it...

:D :D :D

Mauser 98K 09-19-2007 01:07 PM

Mauser 98k, been using it forever, it is from the mod.98 karabiener or carabein mauser rifle designed in 1898 by paul mauser.

EDGE 09-19-2007 01:30 PM

I've been through a lot of names. Too many names to count and explain.

Chrispy 09-19-2007 01:40 PM

Well I use Chrispy and Mtn Goat. For Chrispy, I think I made that up just for fun, and Mtn Goat (used to have a dot) when I saw this funny as pic of a mountain goat on some forum. I use Mtn Goat for pretty much all military FPS games, since it's true the military do have nicknames named after animals (like Papa Bear, etc.).

Chris :)

IcIshoot 09-19-2007 02:11 PM

IcIshoot - read it "I see I shoot".

Always have liked letter number combos that form phrases.

I started of as a gunner back in LW. My goal was to shoot all I saw before they shot me.

Like it so much never changed it, plus never have come across an other IcIshoot.

IcI

Mstenger404 09-19-2007 04:03 PM

<--- its my actual first initial and last name, and im not concerned with hackers and stalkers at all

Scott 09-19-2007 06:11 PM

My first name ever was Panther. I used that name as my official name, it was my favorite NHL hockey team at the time.

Other names...

Twista, my favorate rap artist. I also just liked the name.

Ecko / SohK, are clothing brand that I like. SohK = School Of Hard Knocks...

Dilbert, because people hated being killed by Dilbert.

Ecko or SohK are the names I go by most of the time when i'm playing a game.

VooDoo- 09-19-2007 06:16 PM

i think i was listening to "voodoo child" by prodigy .. oh .. six years ago? used it ever sense ..

i go by Mark sometimes too ...

Spazz 09-19-2007 06:46 PM

Capt. Spazz when I first started playing DF1 then shortened it to Spazz. Spazz24 when Spazz is taken.

Terry 09-19-2007 08:43 PM

A TIN OF GAS started bacin in LW days bout 6 years ago, used all through df and bf series.
Cyph3r used to be my name through the cs series
Tez87 tends to be the name i use for anything nowdays. also switched to Tez when i found someone else was usin Cyph3r on css

Hellfighter 09-19-2007 09:24 PM

Hellspawn {ETU} old DF2 days
Chief ADFP DFLW and still using it now days
ADFP= All Delta Force Player

basic retire from playing any NL games got boring for me

i pop in some time like once in 60days of their out dated games now off and on.

best bud was Spook {ETU}
great player i known as will

Grenademan 09-20-2007 07:42 AM

I once went by the name "evry1exepme" in the days of AvP. "evry1exepme killed an alien" or "evry1exepme committed suicide". I thought it was pretty clever in its own right. Damn i miss that game.

Lately its been Commander Loony (or Cmdr Loony), since I like my strategy games (that's games with REAL strategy, not all this rushfest nonsense), and because my behaviour in FPS was near insanity.

Grenademan takes the cake though. It was initially just a random word I used in the opening credits of this movie I made. Later, i used it as a test name for Soldier of Fortune 2, and now its sort of just stuck. I like to think the word "grenade" has something to do with my skill in using these weapons in games.

Luckz 09-20-2007 10:16 AM

through df2 I started with the name Zero, i have used it for 10 years. For some reason i made the name luckz just when it comes to signatures, if you ever noticed alot of my signatures will say zero instead of luckz, unless im specificly making a signature for a battle or sotw

teej 09-20-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scott
SohK, are clothing brand that I like. SohK = School Of Hard Knocks...

sohk from LW?

teej 09-20-2007 10:22 AM

Yeah I have used about 2-3 names since I really started playing online

insomnia = I acually got that off of a back of a CD case lol. I do not remember the band but I figured it matched me well considering I don't sleep at night. Or have a hard time.

teejay = My name is TJ

teej = everyone calls me teej for short so...

ShArP 09-20-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by William
basic retire from playing any NL games got boring for me

i pop in some time like once in 60days of their out dated games now off and on.

you just don't want to get owned by me huh...

:D :D :D

Scott 09-20-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by insomnia
sohk from LW?
yes ;)

Chrispy 09-20-2007 02:02 PM

It's funny how people online have really funny names sometimes, like "your mum" (so in a game like BHD, the game will say "your mum killed Bob with a shot to the head.", etc. Or "nobody" - so it will be "nobody killed Bob". :D

My other names are "Battlekoala-CJB", and most recently, "Bushfire" (because I have bush-like hair sometimes, lol).

Chris :D

Spazz 09-20-2007 02:17 PM

in DF1, I would occasionally make my name "himself" so every time I got killed it would say "Blah killed himself." which is what it would actually say if you killed yourself.

teej 09-20-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scott
yes ;)
yeah I remember playing with you all the time, no idea that it was you.