Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   News (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Note to all the BHD MP Demo Makers (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4631)

DevilDog#1 10-01-2002 02:39 AM

Note to all the BHD MP Demo Makers

1 Attachment(s)
Please unzip the DVD1.TRN attached file into your BHD Demo folder. This will replace your current DVD1.TRN. The new and improved TRN file will fix the problem that a lot of people, including myself, were having when they wanted to add buildings to their maps. The problem was that despite raising the Z-values, the buildings remained half or 3/4 buried. The new DVD1.TRN fixes that issue. I would like to thank Major Headache, of www.terranova-exp.com, for enduring all my questions, and coming up with a solution. Make sure that the BHD Med is not running when you do the TRN replacement.

Now lets have some fun and make some kick ass maps! :D

Ian M 10-01-2002 05:30 AM

Who else is making Black Hawk Down Multiplayer Demos?
Does Nova know?

DevilDog#1 10-01-2002 11:54 AM

Lot of people are making maps. If Nova had objections they would have let someone know. Only sensative area is the actually naming the real people involved in this conflict, as I understand. Other than that its all open to discover. So, start cracking :D

Ian M 10-01-2002 01:23 PM

Oh so you mean attention all BHD MP Demo Map Makers.
Rather than Multiplayer Demo makers?

DevilDog#1 10-01-2002 02:12 PM

I believe that's a given! :rolleyes:

Smokin@420.BUD 10-01-2002 07:46 PM

they must look at the Servers and see a few Custom maps
i think by now they would of found me and told me
if they didnt like it

and the DEMO is MP only

katana*GFR* 10-02-2002 04:51 AM

duh.

Ian M 10-02-2002 09:58 PM

Dont none of you take the mickey out of me.
I have to read Devildogs posts about 18 times because he frequents every bloody forum I go to.
Nowhere is safe!
I reserve the right therefore to take the mickey out of his bad grammer, incorrect spelling, typos or in this case just saying silly things.
Given my arse. Bleeding Americans. I don't know. Where is the humour?
Across the whole of cyberspace I am reading posts dedicated to the attention of people that make DF BHD MP Demos.
No one understand why thats funny? Or just plain daft?
Don't confuse me with someone who gets confused, it confuses me, and so the cycle goes on and on and on.
Ultimatley the only losers are yourselves because I am compelled to write on and on and on. I have a need to feel justified and recognised, its a weakness. My shrinks advice was to get over it but what does he know?
I ask you.:|

DevilDog#1 10-02-2002 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ian M
I have to read Devildogs posts about 18 times because he frequents every bloody forum I go to.
Nowhere is safe!

STALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :p

Ian M 10-02-2002 10:53 PM

ROTFLMAO

jettek 10-03-2002 12:52 PM

bhd z values

ok i think i found the fix here i sould read the postings before i panic thanks guys.:D

jettek 10-03-2002 01:25 PM

downloaded new dvd1 trn

but buildings still 3/4 underground. what i'am i doing wrong?:*(

DevilDog#1 10-03-2002 01:59 PM

Please follow these steps:

1. Select the building you want to edit.
2. Hit the 3DWireFrame button
3. Holding Shift key do arrow up. For minor tweaking do CTRL+SHIFT and arrow up or Down.

Hope this helps ;)

katana*GFR* 10-03-2002 03:12 PM

ok so from what i read here is that i will have to get studying on making BHD maps...................... AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH