Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Call of Duty (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=287)
-   -   Vietnam it is. (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44795)

Bustin 02-23-2010 07:15 AM

Vietnam it is.

Quote:

Hollywood casting communication network Breakdown Services posted a casting call for voice over and motion capture actors for roles in an Activision video game. According to video game website vg247.com, one of the roles listed was Frank Barnes, who was described as “a fiercely patriotic veteran of WW2… A solid leader, possessed with an excellent ability to assess and respond to any situation quickly and decisively.” This information seems to confirm reports that Treyarch’s next Call of Duty title, which should release this year, is set sometime during the Vietnam War.

The listing said Barnes was part of the Military Assistance Command Studies and Observations Group in Vietnam. The real-life unit performed covert ops in Vietnam during the years 1964-1972.

Other characters described include Joseph Lewis, “physically fit” black man in his 20s, Jason Hudson, who is listed as Caucasian and as having “over 15 years of military experience, making him an excellent tactician and mission co-coordinator.” There was also a female character to be cast named Kristina Ivanova, a Russian martial artist and CIA agent who is described as “calm to the point of being cold and detached.”

It's certainly an intriguing setting; we'll have to hope that this game on par with Treyarch's excellent Call of Duty: World at War.

-gameinformer.com

skinny killer 02-23-2010 08:38 AM

kewl

Steve 02-23-2010 12:06 PM

think they are runing out of wars eh? must be one set in the future after that one? :D

Chrispy 02-23-2010 12:38 PM

I would have preferred to see a war much less known, but hopefully CoD7 will have really cool stuff to offer... Activision seem to be taking a look at a "subscription" type model for CoD, too...

Bustin 02-23-2010 12:41 PM

Everyone always skips Korea...

skinny killer 02-23-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 362133)
think they are runing out of wars eh? must be one set in the future after that one? :D

they should recreate some more of the great battles of WW2. something that's historically accurate. anyway, vietnam sounds awesome!! :)

RedrumSalad 02-23-2010 03:06 PM

ugh, Treyarch? but whyyyyyyyyy???

Bustin 02-23-2010 03:24 PM

WAW wasn't as bad as COD3...there was some great improvement. Hopefully COD Nam (as I am tagging it unti a real name is given hehe) will be on par with IW's MW series.

RedrumSalad 02-23-2010 03:35 PM

i know, i just didnt really like waw that much, itll probably be fun if they have gore effects, but better ones than waw, and to shoot charlies' with an m16 :D

or maybe even get to play as vietcong/vietnamese army??? hope so

Chrispy 02-23-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinny killer (Post 362138)
they should recreate some more of the great battles of WW2. something that's historically accurate. anyway, vietnam sounds awesome!! :)

There's been way too much WWII. I'd like a war that hasn't been done in FPS before. That would set Treyarch apart from the crowd a bit more.

.Simon. 02-24-2010 05:01 AM

I dont think a WW2 fps could ever appeal to MW2 gamers, It's just a completely different type of game. Most people, myself included, like the movie feel to the MW series with the cut scenes and the little video feeds and intel satellite. You just can't do that with an game set in the past.

On the other hand, I did enjoy WAW campaign because it was different to everything I have ever played (I never played early COD or stuff like Medal of Honour).

So who knows, theres hope yet. I would like to see a very stealth orientated game, possibly set during the Cold War. Maybe one day...

RedrumSalad 02-24-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustin (Post 362137)
Everyone always skips Korea...

maybe cuz its a lot like ww2 witrh different enemies? because there wasnt that many weapon improvements between ww2 and korea, would be cool if there was a game like that
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy (Post 362163)
There's been way too much WWII. I'd like a war that hasn't been done in FPS before. That would set Treyarch apart from the crowd a bit more.

i agree, like korea

Bustin 02-24-2010 04:15 PM

Korea was a huge jump! Jet air craft, helicopter med evacs all sorts of things that could be thrown in to the mix.

.Simon. 02-24-2010 04:25 PM

So this game could possibly be the first fps where your goal is to lose?

Sorry, cheap shot :D

RedrumSalad 02-24-2010 04:27 PM

lol, we didnt lose, i dont think anyways, we just simply pulled out do to hippie protesters, lol

p.s: bustin, i meant guns, i knew about the jets and what not

Bustin 02-24-2010 04:46 PM

Korea was overrun almost completely by the US. For whatever reason the leadership pulled back after running over what 90% of Korea?

Bustin 02-24-2010 04:58 PM

Handheld weaponry upgrades we few and far between yes. Infrared nightscopes were introduced on the M3 Carbines which was a big one for the night time jungle operations.

Most of it though was new tank/jet/helicopter technology.

.Simon. 02-24-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustin (Post 362181)
Korea was overrun almost completely by the US. For whatever reason the leadership pulled back after running over what 90% of Korea?

By using new weapons such as napalm?

RedrumSalad 02-24-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustin (Post 362182)
Handheld weaponry upgrades we few and far between yes. Infrared nightscopes were introduced on the M3 Carbines which was a big one for the night time jungle operations.

Most of it though was new tank/jet/helicopter technology.

ha, finally i know someone who knows at least/more than i do about wars from ww2-present, lol

Sam 02-24-2010 07:36 PM

I agree with some of you guys, Treyarch should make a diffrent Cod7 (at least like the North Korean war) Like you guys said, it would make Treyarch stand out.