Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback / Novahq.net Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   chatroom (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33108)

Mstenger404 02-08-2006 06:05 PM

chatroom

we need a chat room, very badly, oh, come on, you cant resist one.

Lakie 02-08-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

im gonna start spamming in the forum
do that and ill ban you, there will be no warnings when the spam is premeditated.

BADDOG 02-10-2006 03:35 AM

Re: chatroom

Quote:

Originally posted by Mstenger404
we need a chat room, very badly, if i dont get a chat room to spam in, im gonna start spamming in the forum like i usually do.
Why say such a thing when you know the admins will take such drastic action?????

Regards a bewildered Baddog :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

-Tigger- 02-10-2006 09:39 AM

if a chatroom is wanted by the NHQ staff i can easily provide a simple one off my webhost.

Scott 02-10-2006 10:35 AM

could you provide an example of the chatroom?

-Tigger- 02-10-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scott
could you provide an example of the chatroom?
http://myfileplace.com/wow/phpMyChat.php3

pretty basic, im not to familur with the config of it though

DevilDog#1 02-13-2006 04:03 PM

But wouldn't have a chat room defeat the purpose of having a forum then?

It's like selling two brand of cars by same manufacturer. Each eats up other's profits.

Mstenger404 02-13-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DevilDog#1

It's like selling two brand of cars by same manufacturer. Each eats up other's profits.

a chatroom is a place to have a little conversation like we usually do in general chat, and the spam forum and after its done, the text is deleted. a forum is a place to ask questions give answers and leave it there for all to see. you see my point?

DevilDog#1 02-13-2006 05:16 PM

Shoutbox out on the main page should do the trick

Mstenger404 02-13-2006 05:18 PM

that might, but it doesn't come as 1st rate, its like its generic

Matt 02-13-2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DevilDog#1
no because peoples post counts dont go up when u use a chatroom :p

BADDOG 02-14-2006 02:34 AM

After the recent arguments on this website I would think a chatroom is the last thing we need!!!!

As emotions are still running high over what's recently happened I would think on line slanging matches are the last thing we want!

Regards :|

EDGE 02-14-2006 05:28 AM

a chatroom won't do anything but bring more arguements in and leave more room in the forums for spam by people. mstenger has certainly already told us he will spam the forums after he's done with the chatroom. we've never had a chatroom and we've done this good so far. I don't see why we would implement it now and just make it worse on everyone with all the arguments that will brew up.

BADDOG 02-15-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EDGE
a chatroom won't do anything but bring more arguements in and leave more room in the forums for spam by people. mstenger has certainly already told us he will spam the forums after he's done with the chatroom. we've never had a chatroom and we've done this good so far. I don't see why we would implement it now and just make it worse on everyone with all the arguments that will brew up.
To bloody true mate!!!!!

Warm Regards :) ;)

Mstenger404 02-15-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EDGE
mstenger has certainly already told us he will spam the forums after he's done with the chatroom.
dude, have you seen me spam like crazy yet? let me edit that out. and what kinds of problems could happen? if ppl spam, the admins can ban them, same old same old.

Hellfighter 02-15-2006 11:22 AM

a chat-room would be good in some ways but again a massager service one on one would do the same job.

i know ICQ has a scrip for chat-room were a site can place a java scrip in to have a live chat-room for their member to talk to each other i even speak live to each other too using a Mic. its free. members can even break off to make their own chat-room too inside it.

but you would not have total control what other may say or talk about subject if it behind close doors, in public you can ban or punt them out, but in privet chat-room not same anything may go.

it has more bad points then good points to a chatroom, i vote not to have one at all. sorry my feeling are it not good for here. (in Higher roller yes it may workout ok)

hope you remember yahoo chatroom bet they had no control what people said or do in them at all. they got busted for it

Mstenger404 02-15-2006 06:27 PM

only one way to find out what's really going to happen.

Hellfighter 02-15-2006 06:49 PM

will we have had TeamSpeak going were member can chat live with each other.

Matt 02-15-2006 10:13 PM

the idea has been noted, thank you.