Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why do you use your name? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1353)

machiavelli 01-30-2002 03:52 AM

Why do you use your name?

Hi all,
I wonderd why you all use your names.
Today i put in my sig en mentioned why i choose machiavelli as name (read posting in sigs forum).
Is there a reasen why you all picked out a specific name or just cause it sounds good?

Mach

Steve 01-30-2002 06:45 AM

well certainly not cause it sounds good. lol
its weird cause when i first started going on the internet my name was not something i considered indepth, and just used a name that i got called @ home by some of my m8s. but once u have a name i think u got to stick with it. if i changed my name then ppl wouldnt know me as the guy who made great LW maps :D:D:D

Scott 01-30-2002 07:40 AM

Panther - I dont know lol, i hate cats.
Twista - my favorite rapper.

panther was my first online name. started using it about a year ago. Same with twista :). That was before I started playin DF.

Friday128 01-30-2002 10:59 AM

my name is cooler then all of yours :fu:
¹FrîÐâý128¿«MTMF»¿ - and no im not on a squad geez
but i mean i was born on friday the 13 so i made my name friday
Mostly a name is what you think of not something you like in some cases like panther
Maybe your sitting at your computer thinking of names to call yourself one day in a game and you say a name maybe you hate it but you just want to play that game
see what im saying?

STEALTH 01-30-2002 12:12 PM

A lot of people gear thier name towards a military type name. Some will lean towards dangerous animals. Some will name them selves after fast sports cars. Some will use charactor names from a book.

Could u imagine an all Chrysler products Squad.

Viper
Stealth
Prowler
Fury
Dart
Durango
Neon

etc.... lol

Vødka™ 01-31-2002 01:19 AM

if ya cant guess why this is my name, your a fukin idiot then :D:D

~FB~Ghandi 01-31-2002 02:45 AM

eeehhhhhhh Peace ! 8o) :nerd:

Skinbag 02-01-2002 05:35 AM

SKINBAG
Dont even ask!!

die_4_me 02-01-2002 04:19 PM

i have no idea how i got my name..

I dont remember..
it was original..

~vs~fix 02-01-2002 05:25 PM

mine is because i fix them with a medic patch or a bullet:guns:

Gen. Jann *PR* 02-02-2002 11:45 AM

well. when i started with df1 i couldn't think of a name..... so i decided to call me Gen. Jann...... still got it. :D

Spam Man 02-02-2002 12:43 PM

well I started with Cathar, that was from a book, and thought it would be cool, and not one used b4. Then I changed to Sauron for abit, well I had just been reading Lord Of The Rings :cool:

Then it was suggested that I change my name to Spam Man, as I spam alot. so here I am spammin awa y :guns:

FUÑÑY (*¿*) 02-03-2002 03:31 PM

think of me as a big mirror ... look at yourself ... yes i'd laugh too :D others cry :*( naw just kiddin ..

Actually the last squad i was in was pretty negative and depressing. everything was gloomy everyone had a chip on their shoulder ... yada yada yada ... (no i'm not gonna mention the squad)

so anyway i wanted to at least let others see that it's just a game and they need to have fun doing it .

remember: " You only get out of life ... what you put into it!"

zza1pqx 02-03-2002 07:07 PM

I was reading Fridays post up there and had me a giggle.
Its true that you just come up with a name and have to stick with it and Zza1pqx has its own history and yes, it was a case of being stuck with the name quite quickly.

You can sit and think about a name if you want but to me thats not the point.
All credit to you if you have done. When I was a child, I too belived that if I sat and thought about it I could belive myself better than everyone else.

However, since getting stuck with my name I have become uniquley recognisable on-line.
Not cos my name is weird, but because I have worked hard to make buddies and contribute to the community in which I reside.

I have helped set up a new and great squad http://gr.df-hq.com
And I have established my self as a man to beat on the servers I use most.

Just like StevieB, its not the name its who you are and what you have done with the name you have.
Until the other day, I never heard of any one called Friday had anyone else????

Any how, the *.txt file of my names history is attached, its too longwinded to type out again.

Tac 02-06-2002 09:24 AM

Well, my name has nothing to do with tactics. Actually its from hockey. Being a big fan and playing as much as I can, I was going to use puck but that dumb ass from Mtv kinda ruined that one. Its from Tacks wich is a brand of hockey gear. And the skates I use.