Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   fake phone numbers? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50700)

Hellfighter 02-28-2020 05:19 PM

fake phone numbers?

had lot incoming calls not their phone numbers ether

caller id shows number that call the house turn out not be real callers

seem some how they fake phone numbers calls are coming from, any others having samething happens to them?

jabo1SFH 03-02-2020 04:15 AM

robocallers spoof legit numbers. most cell phone carriers now offer robocall blocking.

now, it seems the new thing is getting just a 4 digit number when one calls. had one the other day and it just displayed 8009 for the phone number.

:headbang:

chopperprop 03-02-2020 09:15 AM

:clap2::clap2::clap2:All the time- i especially like the ones that tell me my computer is infected i talk with them for about 30 min arguing about how windows is is saying windows 95 not 10 and they get all bent out of shape and hang up.:squintdan:squintdan:squintdan

jabo1SFH 03-06-2020 06:37 AM

lol.

yeah, i messed with one of those once. told him i was doing what he said and then i got him to a point where he told me what files to download and said: "Oh no.
he says: "is there a problem?"
me: "yeah, a dialog just popped up saying someone is trying to hack my computer"

him: "dial tone"

MAJWIZ 05-11-2020 02:00 PM

When I get a fake phone call I give the phone to my 5 year old granddaughter, it normally take 2-3 min before they hang up. (she likes to talk on the phone.)

Guest001 05-21-2020 12:21 PM

This is where you need a voice message on your home phone or mobile.

Just like the answering machines of old.

Any sort of message will do because spammers and bots don't like automated answers such as...

Our agents are currently busy and unable to answer your call at this time - for your convenience this call has been registed on our system - please hold or leave your name and number after the tone and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

jabo1SFH 05-23-2020 02:57 AM

had those before stompem. im like WTF? you called me. how can they all be busy.

but, then i found out that some will actually charge you to wait and the wait is always about 5 mins. just hang up immediately. those people charge ridiculous amounts to "hold to record" nonsense.

Guest001 05-25-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabo1SFH (Post 394494)
had those before stompem. im like WTF? you called me. how can they all be busy.

but, then i found out that some will actually charge you to wait and the wait is always about 5 mins. just hang up immediately. those people charge ridiculous amounts to "hold to record" nonsense.

LOL :)

I mean that's the answer you leave for them on an answering machine.

Or

When you answer the phone and you realize it's probably bogus, answer politely and get them to state their business before going any further, if you are ignored then just interrupt the "conversation" and say you're categorically not interested no matter what it is and then hang up.

Above all be emphatic but not rude - they should go away after a few answer like that.

bigsmellyfart 06-24-2020 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellfighter (Post 393789)
had lot incoming calls not their phone numbers ether

caller id shows number that call the house turn out not be real callers

seem some how they fake phone numbers calls are coming from, any others having samething happens to them?

I have had them even spoof my phone number there...
its called " Spoofing "...they are scammers

bigsmellyfart 06-28-2020 07:41 AM

yea the other day 3 times someone called claiming to be from microsoft and CID had my ph# on it carma comeing to see those scammers....and they dont know it yet...