Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Opinions (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25522)

miaebow 05-12-2005 03:49 AM

Opinions

I'm thinking that making vehicles indestructable is the way to go in my map making endeavors. The reason I believe that is because when you take out something like a motor bike or helocopter part of the fun has gone with it. I know that it's not too realistic, and that you can set them on respawn (which is also unrealistic) so what's your opinion about this?

Steve 05-12-2005 06:23 AM

sry i dont like vehicles in DF games at all.

DF has always been a soldier sim in my eyes and that's it's major appeal to me.

if there is going to be vehicles in a map then some at least should be destroyable. wouldnt it make the person invincible if the vehicle they were in was indestrictible?

i'd say destroyable but spawnable :)

Guns4hire 05-12-2005 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
sry i dont like vehicles in DF games at all.

DF has always been a soldier sim in my eyes and that's it's major appeal to me.

if there is going to be vehicles in a map then some at least should be destroyable. wouldnt it make the person invincible if the vehicle they were in was indestrictible?

i'd say destroyable but spawnable :)

i think it needed to change for the best, cos BF2 GR3 ect will have them stuff but better gameplay and graphics,
Novalogic need to get a better game engine to ketp up with other companys

Steve 05-12-2005 08:43 AM

i doubt (and hope to god it wont) GR3 will have driveable vehicles but its becides the point.

adding vehicles to a game doesnt make it 'better', it just makes it a different genre. if you think vehicles in games is good then that's your type of game and you will drift away from soldier sims.

i don't believe NL have to add vehicles to keep up with other companies either, take a look at the most popular FPS games > UT, Quake, Couter Strike = no vehicles.

EDGE 05-12-2005 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
i doubt (and hope to god it wont) GR3 will have driveable vehicles but its becides the point.

adding vehicles to a game doesnt make it 'better', it just makes it a different genre. if you think vehicles in games is good then that's your type of game and you will drift away from soldier sims.

i don't believe NL have to add vehicles to keep up with other companies either, take a look at the most popular FPS games > UT, Quake, Couter Strike = no vehicles.

exactly. Thats the problem with the new games coming to the public. All of them have vehicles...some indestructible which makes the game un-realistic. If you were to shoot a car....a few times, maybe more...it would eventually blow up. So, why make a car in a game indestructible? Haven't vehicles in the DF series always been destructible? Why change it?

Buzz 05-12-2005 02:37 PM

I think I am with Steve on this one....I started playing CQB right off the bat so vehicles are a big deal there nice but they all seem pretty glitchey (especially in DFX) Take the choppers for example you can get out of the front seat and climb onto the side rails......I really don't think anyone is ignorant enough to do that in real life. I do like the game its nice for 20 bucks but I doubt I would have spent more than that on it. They really need to do an upgrade to the game and the NILE....Although that NILE is one sweet tool :)
Buzzzzz

Guns4hire 05-15-2005 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mashml
i think it needed to change for the best, cos BF2 GR3 ect will have them stuff but better gameplay and graphics,
Novalogic need to get a better game engine to ketp up with other companys

ya thatrs ture forgot about thros cool games lol

miaebow 05-16-2005 09:27 AM

Well, after reading some of your comments I've decided to go with destroyable but spawnable, at least that way someone else gets the chance to fly/ride or drive. I've just finished my third map for DFX and as its an A&D map it means there's six maps in total.

I'm now looking for a site where I can make them accessable to the general public. I will be hosting them myself in a few weeks time as my connecton is about to go up to 2MB, which most of you know is higher than a T1. Until then I need to get some practice in, I'm a little rusty after two years away from the games front. lol

BADDOG 05-18-2005 03:57 AM

I totally agree with Steve on this, I don't like the vehicles at all and having just played the demo of this latest outing from Nova I can say it's a game I will not be buying!!!!

Warm Regards :) ;)

DevilDog#1 05-18-2005 09:28 AM

Doesn't matter to me. I just pick on people riding them :D

obe 05-18-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by edge
exactly. Thats the problem with the new games coming to the public. All of them have vehicles...some indestructible which makes the game un-realistic. If you were to shoot a car....a few times, maybe more...it would eventually blow up. So, why make a car in a game indestructible? Haven't vehicles in the DF series always been destructible? Why change it?
You watch too many movies :P

miaebow 05-18-2005 03:36 PM

To be honest, realism isn't a factor for me. It's the game play that's all important. I mean if you haven't got a good game to begin with, no extra bells or whistles is going to make a difference.

In the case of vehicles though, we couldn't function without them in actual war, so for me at least, they're a welcome change.