Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Anyone heard anything in Angle Falls? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45741)

Scott 02-01-2011 06:23 PM

Anyone heard anything in Angle Falls?

Is it canceled? I haven't heard anything in a very long time :disappoint:

dave61 02-01-2011 08:52 PM

As of today, Novalogic still hasn't taken down thier promo for Angel Falls.

I would guess that could mean that Nova may still be working toward a possible release sometime. But, considering that promo was posted on Novas' website 3 years ago, Nova may never finish or release Angel Falls.

I just hope that if (and when) Angel Falls is released, that it won't be as dissapointing as DFX:2.

grenadier501 02-01-2011 10:45 PM

Me too, I haven't heard anything

Well, I just hope that Novalogic make, at least, a Demo or Beta version of DF:AF
If not, I think that DF:X2 will be the last Nova game
But at least to me it doesn't disappoint me at all.

These are apparently AF screenshots extracted from the "future".
http://www.google.com/images?hl=es&s...qi=g1&aql=&oq=

And it's probably that this page:

http://www.novahq.net/?show=maps&cmd...maps&game=dfaf

remains empty for at least two or six years..... I just only hope not.

grenadier501 02-02-2011 08:31 AM

PS sorry for my baad english

Mstenger404 02-02-2011 06:24 PM

This is the latest thing I heard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yp2LEIJ4dw

It's 6 months ago but it means they're still alive and working.

Chrispy 02-02-2011 11:51 PM

From a really good source I can tell you that they're in big crap financially (doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that out though), and that's really affecting whether the game's gonna come out or not. And by a really good source I don't mean this BS like "someone who knows someone who knows someone"... my source is "direct" (go figure).

I'd still like to see it come out though. Seems like it has a lot of potential. :)

Hellfighter 02-03-2011 12:06 AM

to bad they can't go the way of war of warcraft with their combat style games

buy item in the store and server are free to play in beside all save item & stats are online not in a player system.

i know WOW is a monthly fee charge, but other are free to download and play, with out the extra charge. item store would be a great boost to them, one main game and add-in all the item to it.

i don't dig novaworld or novaworld2 forum at all, its still crap there

but i fear the mod part would be gone or added to make the game bigger with their ok.

i a gut feeling money wise they not doing so good on now days

MERMITE 02-03-2011 12:10 AM

I agree with you Chrispy, almost as if Nova wants to go ahead and their partner EA says no
but wait one moment, EA has made big bucks from their last few games, maybe they want to give Nova the flick, all Nova needs is a well cashed partner, and quick before AF goes of the boil,....wait and see

"M"

Chrispy 02-03-2011 01:17 AM

EA's still affiliated with Nova?!

Speaking of EA there were some weird rumour on NW2 about EA going to purchase Nova, that's fake.

Guest001 02-04-2011 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave61 (Post 371329)
As of today, Novalogic still hasn't taken down thier promo for Angel Falls.

I would guess that could mean that Nova may still be working toward a possible release sometime. But, considering that promo was posted on Novas' website 3 years ago, Nova may never finish or release Angel Falls.

I just hope that if (and when) Angel Falls is released, that it won't be as dissapointing as DFX:2.

I still think dfx2 is an improvement over bhd in some ways and in others not.:nerd:

MERMITE 02-04-2011 03:35 PM

lol Stomp....try getting the Grimace editor working in DFX2, I had enough trouble syncing up the lip movements to the .wav file in DFX1, I lasted 2 days, then fell of my chair...lol

then again the Grimace editor was built for BHD, pity they didn't stay with it!

"M"

Guest001 02-04-2011 04:29 PM

I'm pretty sure Angel Falls would be an upgrade to the core game itself?
Therefore the core editor would have to stay?

ShadowZ 02-07-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obraino (Post 371350)
to bad they can't go the way of war of warcraft with their combat style games

buy item in the store and server are free to play in beside all save item & stats are online not in a player system.

i know WOW is a monthly fee charge, but other are free to download and play, with out the extra charge. item store would be a great boost to them, one main game and add-in all the item to it.

i don't dig novaworld or novaworld2 forum at all, its still crap there

but i fear the mod part would be gone or added to make the game bigger with their ok.

i a gut feeling money wise they not doing so good on now days

Buyable weapons will be hotly contested and not make sense at all. Delta Op's get most of their equipment from the company.

About the only feasible items that would be interesting are graphical such as different skins, character... maybe special ammo such as AP and SP.

rambo6 02-07-2011 06:43 AM

nova needs to hire some fresh people, and make the game a bit more like MW2 or far cry, but have exciting gameplay with vehicles, and some inspired mission making, because extreme 2's SP and graphics were terrible. i could have made better levels..

.Simon. 02-07-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo6 (Post 371393)
nova needs to hire some fresh people, and make the game a bit more like MW2 or far cry, but have exciting gameplay with vehicles, and some inspired mission making, because extreme 2's SP and graphics were terrible. i could have made better levels..

Making their game similar to those two crappy titles is probably the worst thing they could do. They do need to bring their graphics into the 21st century, but the biggest thing Nova had going for them was games ideal for squad gaming and objective based game play. Most of the FPS games today are just run 'n gun, might as well be playing Quake.

I do think that Battlefield has taken their place though with large maps, vehicles and great multiplayer structure. They're gonna need to break some kind of ground with AF to make it back into the spotlight.

rambo6 02-07-2011 09:04 AM

"Making their game similar to those two crappy titles is probably the worst thing they could do. They do need to bring their graphics into the 21st century, but the biggest thing Nova had going for them was games ideal for squad gaming and objective based game play. Most of the FPS games today are just run 'n gun, might as well be playing Quake."

I would certainly agree that the graphics need to be improved, but those 2 "crappy titles" ( and I see what you are saying) are far better than DF in terms of AI, weapon handling physics, bullet penetration and so on, the actual gameplay was not amazing as it was a run and gun, but the features of it are impressive.

imagine novalogic improved the AI so that they take cover, flank, throw grenades, call out to you for help or give covering fire(and are affected by it) take up dramatic poses against walls and storm buildings all (more or less, with a little hint or help from a mission editor) on their own, those are the features I dream about for DF.. but its unlikely

.Simon. 02-07-2011 11:18 AM

Yeah I totally agree, they need to do something that the top titles aren't doing at the moment, bring something new to the table.

Mstenger404 02-07-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Simon. (Post 371404)
Yeah I totally agree, they need to do something that the top titles aren't doing at the moment, bring something new to the table.

In large text I have emphasized what "top games" aren't doing at the moment and Novalogic could bring to the table.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo6 (Post 371399)
I would certainly agree that the graphics need to be improved, but those 2 "crappy titles" ( and I see what you are saying) are far better than DF in terms of AI, weapon handling physics, bullet penetration and so on, the actual gameplay was not amazing as it was a run and gun, but the featuresof it are impressive.

imagine novalogic improved the AI so that they take cover, flank, throw grenades, call out to you for help or give covering fire(and are affected by it) take up dramatic poses against walls and storm buildings all that means with no help from a mission editor on their own, those are the features I dream about for DF.. but its unlikely

MERMITE 02-07-2011 11:45 PM

lol good fun....lol

"M"

.Simon. 02-08-2011 10:29 AM

Hah very true :D