Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Goal List (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1130)

dragoncreator 01-14-2002 05:10 PM

Goal List

Can I manually edit the in-mission list of goals, or am I restricted to the ones listed in the drop down menu in the editor? I would think there is some way to edit these since there are many UNKNOWN selections listed, but have been unsuccessful as of late with this. I'm still a newbie to map editing, so this may just be a really simple oversight on my part. . .

Sandman 01-14-2002 07:53 PM

I do believe we're stuck with the drop down list. I tried it a long time ago too and it never did work. There may be a way if someone can get into the DFLW resource files though.

Necromancer 01-14-2002 10:44 PM

I had some success with this. All I did was click on the UNKNOWN field and type in my own objective, and it worked when I exported the .bms file.

Steve 01-15-2002 02:57 AM

is there any point in using it? doesnt do anything does it? or am i missing something?

dragoncreator 01-15-2002 04:09 AM

The reason I'm interested in it is because I am interested in creating CO-OP missions. That's what my family plays together. I therefore needed some sort of way to spell out the mission objectives since there is no way to view them before hosting the mission. The drop down list just isn't appropriate for my goals in the game.

Steve 01-15-2002 04:59 AM

do u know u can add a mission briefing? cant write much but that is a great way to let ppl know what they need to do, that is if they read it lol.

Edit>Briefing

White Op. 01-15-2002 07:56 AM

You could try...

If your going to put your missions on a website or send them to ppl, you could write your own mission briefings in Microsoft Word or any other sort of text creator, this is what I do, this way you can create a story for it, it makes the game much more exciting and gives players and idea of why they're having to rescue the hostage for.
I'm currently working on a mission now (as I write this) It's in the streets of Cuba (I even created loadsa streets) I'll be posting a message on the post board about it when it's finished, so you can all get a finished version then,

When making Single Player or Co-operative levels, put as much details in as possible. (Sound, Trees, And theres a loada little things to add)

White Co. *EF*
*Elite Force*
Email Me

Sandman 01-15-2002 07:37 PM

Well, I have to go along with dragon-dude here. when making missions or playing them, it's coonvienient to hit "G" and see what's left to do.(provided the maker has put those in and knows how to use them) It can be kind of annoying when it's not listed. If you could put your own objectives in it would be cool. But I have never had it work for me. And Necromancer, if you had it work please e-mail me the map along wiith an mis file. I'd like to see it working(no I WON'T steal it). Sometimes the ones provided just don't work the way we'd like them.

Steve 01-16-2002 03:05 AM

oa sorry i dodnt know about the 'g' 'goals' button :D

dam i got to get back into making maps:*(

Necromancer 01-17-2002 03:09 PM

@ Sandman:
I think I lost it when I formatted my comp's hard drive, but I can look for it. I just made events to match the goals I had, though I can't remember if it checked them off or not. I can see if I still have it, then I'll e-mail it.