Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   In-game Screen Resolution (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46140)

TitaN-R2K 07-27-2011 10:02 PM

In-game Screen Resolution

Well not sure what happened.

Haven't played the game for a week due to class, but just tried playing DFX and the resolution is not the same like the last time I played. Closed out of it and opened up BHD...same issue. Between the 2 games it seems like its not supporting widescreen!
-Opened up JO:TR and it seemed to be just fine at the menu.

Anybody else ever run into this problem or know what I'm talking about.

Like I mentioned before I never messed with any of the setting since I installed the games and they all worked fine a week ago when I played last. All 3 games would fit the size of my screen during menu and in-game play time and now its smaller.

Any help would be great!!!

Best regards,
TitaN-R2K

dave61 07-31-2011 10:59 AM

Did you resently update your video card?

Whenever I get a driver update for my video card, all my Delta force games do a video configuration check.

Guest001 07-31-2011 10:42 PM

Advice in future regardless of this problem is to not update your Video drivers unless you have a new App or Game that requires higher levels of revision...As you know things can go haywire. Dave I have the same prob every time... I actually had to Roll back my Catalyst Drivers recently. Don't like AMD
Will go back to nvidia in future !

I am doing a bit of research on your Problem R2K so hang in there, :)

Guest001 08-01-2011 05:18 AM

:laugh:

Guest001 08-01-2011 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitaN-R2K (Post 374001)
Well not sure what happened.

Haven't played the game for a week due to class, but just tried playing DFX and the resolution is not the same like the last time I played. Closed out of it and opened up BHD...same issue. Between the 2 games it seems like its not supporting widescreen!
-Opened up JO:TR and it seemed to be just fine at the menu.

Anybody else ever run into this problem or know what I'm talking about.

Like I mentioned before I never messed with any of the setting since I installed the games and they all worked fine a week ago when I played last. All 3 games would fit the size of my screen during menu and in-game play time and now its smaller.

Any help would be great!!!

Best regards,
TitaN-R2K

Check out the file game.cfg and see if the res settings match yours. make a backup but I assume you can reset the game by deleting the data or the file therfore making the game reconfigure (test) your video settings:)
http://tinyurl.com/42ngdya

dave61 08-01-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 374123)
Advice in future regardless of this problem is to not update your Video drivers unless you have a new App or Game that requires higher levels of revision...As you know things can go haywire. Dave I have the same prob every time... I actually had to Roll back my Catalyst Drivers recently. Don't like AMD
Will go back to nvidia in future !

I am doing a bit of research on your Problem R2K so hang in there, :)

So true man, I really liked my previous driver and D*mn VISTA screwed up my driver roll back.

dave61 08-01-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 374145)
Check out the file game.cfg and see if the res settings match yours. make a backup but I assume you can reset the game by deleting the data or the file therfore making the game reconfigure (test) your video settings:)
http://tinyurl.com/42ngdya

Stomp, Have you or can you edit those resolution settings manually?
I've never tried it and was wondering.

Guest001 08-01-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave61 (Post 374153)
Stomp, Have you or can you edit those resolution settings manually?
I've never tried it and was wondering.

I think they are detected values, re: (screen resolutions) they are quite editable if anything like other config text files.
0: being OFF
1: being ON
2: and above being variable settings

These seem to show the capabilities and settings in the one file, versus a .cfg .inf .ini combination.
I will have to do some experimentation on this particular file. I'll get back to you on this, bit busy at present but I am keen to help the member out here so it will be a priority 1 job:squintdan

dave61 08-02-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 374159)
I think they are detected values, re: (screen resolutions) they are quite editable if anything like other config text files.
0: being OFF
1: being ON
2: and above being variable settings

These seem to show the capabilities and settings in the one file, versus a .cfg .inf .ini combination.
I will have to do some experimentation on this particular file. I'll get back to you on this, bit busy at present but I am keen to help the member out here so it will be a priority 1 job:squintdan

I know that DFX2 set my max. resolution as 1680x1050 (because it detected my screen size).

Just wondering.