Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Joint Operations (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   JO Dead or Alive? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36287)

Wowzaz 10-27-2006 09:49 AM

JO Dead or Alive?

Ive played this Demo, actually wasnt this one but the first verison, but anyways..
It was an awesome game, but i never seen it being sold where i lived, and after playing WoW and Bf2142 Demo ive been annoyed lookin for a game worth playing, and was thinking about buying JO online..

Is the server dead or alive? Active nights or days?
Just an idea what its like would be nice

Thanx

Hellfighter 10-27-2006 12:22 PM

will it not good if your on a dailup type connection.

novaworld/novalogic, inc use a anti-lag cheat tool.

kills all dialup users to death game play is no good.

now if your a high speed connection you be set for life it ok.

thats the only draw back to the game.

like all games play online there are some fools who do anything to tickoff other (cheaters), but novalogic do try to do their best for all to ban them asap.

Wowzaz 10-27-2006 01:26 PM

yeah i have dsl, and never cheat, except 2142.. Horrible game
But i ment, how many people actually still play this game?

Mstenger404 10-27-2006 02:10 PM

around 800 or more during peak hours, btw just because no one buys it nere where u live doesnt mean people far away from where u live dont either ;) , but the fun has gone down, its between when the game came out and a year later, now those were the days.

Hellfighter 10-27-2006 04:17 PM

by the way the demo is no then like the real thing.

novalogic, inc cut back some weapon option to use.

no more zoom scope to use in it at all. on all weapon type mainly the sniper rifles is set stander locked scope look at thing to close no good can't zoom in a target long way out ether.

they did a lot of changes to the game most don't like it at all do to that. some even said they got cheated out for what the game was made tobe at first release.

so keep in mind! there been a lot or items (weapons) changes to the game a lot.

down graded do people crying about snipers that there was to many of them in the server and the scope was not needed. (DF1) days

CybeR SoldieR 10-31-2006 02:22 AM

im not sure about the demo but you can still zoom sniper scopes in joint ops, just open the game config file with note pad, look down the list for "allow sniper zoom" and change the zero to a 1 and save it( this will also allow u to zoom tank cannons also). There is alot of stuff you can change in there like droping the armory reuse time and other stuff to, open it up and have a look , zero = off and 1=on, though if u join a server that dose not have the file configured like this then no zoom for u but it will still work if u host a game or play lan.

Chrispy 12-08-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CybeR SoldieR
im not sure about the demo but you can still zoom sniper scopes in joint ops, just open the game config file with note pad, look down the list for "allow sniper zoom" and change the zero to a 1 and save it( this will also allow u to zoom tank cannons also). There is alot of stuff you can change in there like droping the armory reuse time and other stuff to, open it up and have a look , zero = off and 1=on, though if u join a server that dose not have the file configured like this then no zoom for u but it will still work if u host a game or play lan.
But you don't wanna do that if you play stats...

Chris_OJB_DF645 --

Mstenger404 12-08-2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_OJB_DF645
But you don't wanna do that if you play stats...

Chris_OJB_DF645 --

no its ok, the file hes talking about is for hosting properties.

Hellfighter 12-09-2006 08:40 PM

Chris think it this way if you host the game and you have the that file change then you only change the host option in it, you enable that for all players in your game your hosting.

other wise change it will not change a thing when you go into stats server anyways it what the host server has set.

get the game you see.

Chrispy 12-09-2006 09:25 PM

Didn't read it properly lol.

But still, if you could do that and play a server I wouldn't.

Get the game? Dude, you know that game would certainly kill my appel téléphonique!
Vous m'avez dit des tas des périodes!

Sorry it's French.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --:D :)