Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Phone won't charge (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45539)

RedrumSalad 11-28-2010 07:07 PM

Phone won't charge

Hey guys. My Samsung Impression phone won't charge. It won't say it's charging unless the charging end that goes into the phone is completely level/kinda pointing up. and then i leave it on the phone for a full day/overnight and it still says its not charged. it was charged yesterday but the battery died down by this morning. It was having problems for the past few days before yesterday, but then i took the little folded up piece of paper for secret santas out of my case (it was pressing down on the battery and that seemed to help for a day) now this is happening. any suggestions? Thanks

RedrumSalad 11-28-2010 07:56 PM

and now its charging...wtf is going on here?

katana*GFR* 11-29-2010 02:11 AM

charger is defective ^^
Since it is pretty hard to demolish your charging jackplugholethingy on the phone.

Most likely the cable has is ripped a bit internally.

RedrumSalad 11-29-2010 05:30 PM

ok, thanks. glad to know its not my jackplugholethingy lol

Hellfighter 11-30-2010 01:46 PM

i had the same trouble

me the phone and charger were mismatch from the start
i guess the people who pack it up place the wrong item into it, same color theme but not the right item in the box.
best try to return it and get another brand name cordless phone

it seem to charge but after a day or two it didn't work right afterward

SilentTrigger 11-30-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obraino (Post 369801)
i had the same trouble

i guess the people who pack it up place the wrong item into it, same color theme but not the right item in the box.

That sucks, when you get a new phone you want to use it and play with it not have to wait to be able to change it so that you then can play with it and use it :(

RedrumSalad 11-30-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obraino (Post 369801)
i had the same trouble

no thats not it lol. ive had my phone for about half a year now, maybe a lil less. like katana said, its propably something with the cable

atholon 12-07-2010 08:33 PM

You're getting the spam can.

RedrumSalad 12-08-2010 04:01 PM

erm...what?

Hellfighter 12-08-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atholon (Post 370045)
You're getting the spam can.

yup they got the spam can for the day too

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedrumSalad (Post 370072)
erm...what?

your late on the ball sorry

you didn't see the spammer post above atholon reply there.
that post been deleted and they been banned:read:

have to keep the forum clean of spammer/ troll can't have them running loose on us now can we!

above your post it been remove by one of the admin, his sword is mightier then the spam can is!

Guest001 12-09-2010 12:57 AM

Put the paper back and jam some cling wrap in with the connector to hold it in firmly and/or take battery out and jam a needle down the slot to bend the pin in there slightly to try to make better contact with the plug.:dontknow:
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedrumSalad (Post 369769)
Hey guys. My Samsung Impression phone won't charge. It won't say it's charging unless the charging end that goes into the phone is completely level/kinda pointing up. and then i leave it on the phone for a full day/overnight and it still says its not charged. it was charged yesterday but the battery died down by this morning. It was having problems for the past few days before yesterday, but then i took the little folded up piece of paper for secret santas out of my case (it was pressing down on the battery and that seemed to help for a day) now this is happening. any suggestions? Thanks

RedrumSalad 12-09-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obraino (Post 370078)
yup they got the spam can for the day too

your late on the ball sorry

you didn't see the spammer post above atholon reply there.
that post been deleted and they been banned:read:

have to keep the forum clean of spammer/ troll can't have them running loose on us now can we!

above your post it been remove by one of the admin, his sword is mightier then the spam can is!

Oh, ok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 370084)
Put the paper back and jam some cling wrap in with the connector to hold it in firmly and/or take battery out and jam a needle down the slot to bend the pin in there slightly to try to make better contact with the plug.:dontknow:

Sorry stompem, but this problem has already been fixed :P

Guest001 12-10-2010 01:02 AM

what was it?
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedrumSalad (Post 370108)
Oh, ok.

Sorry stompem, but this problem has already been fixed :P

katana*GFR* 12-13-2010 12:07 PM

/\ now that is spam.

Totally off topic IN the topic.. Kewl bot tho, i want one of those for my IRC channel :)

RedrumSalad 12-13-2010 06:13 PM

I don't think stompem is spam. and stompem, the problem was, as the title states, my phone wouldn't charge :P lol

Hellfighter 12-14-2010 05:16 AM

return the fool thing and get another one RedrumSalad

btw do not get a replacement of the same brand name and model! that be asking for trouble all over again

katana*GFR* 12-14-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedrumSalad (Post 370241)
I don't think stompem is spam. and stompem, the problem was, as the title states, my phone wouldn't charge :P lol

Post got removed from the spammer. And since my edit time has expired :S Stompem is now labeled as spammer ^^

RedrumSalad 12-14-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obraino (Post 370258)
return the fool thing and get another one RedrumSalad

btw do not get a replacement of the same brand name and model! that be asking for trouble all over again

I only had to get a new charger, which i got. everything is fine. it wasnt the phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katana*GFR* (Post 370267)
Post got removed from the spammer. And since my edit time has expired :S Stompem is now labeled as spammer ^^

Oh wow, lol.

Guest001 12-14-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katana*gfr* (Post 370234)
/\ now that is spam.

Totally off topic in the topic.. Kewl bot tho, i want one of those for my irc channel :)

wot!
Totally wrong. I am not spammer. I am a mapper

Guest001 12-14-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompem (Post 370137)
what was it?

I meant ... What was the problem in the end...:dontknow: