Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   [DFLW] Memories of DFLW (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47256)

Prmirage 03-29-2013 06:04 PM

Memories of DFLW

Wow...Imagine my surprise coming across this site...

Glad to see you're still up and running gang. I used to be a heavy player in the DF2 world back in the days. Anybody remember a little squad name PE (Panzer Elite)? I was one of them.

Anybody still around from them? How about TK?

Signed,

1st Sgt Prmirage...

Scott 03-29-2013 08:58 PM

I remember the name PE & TK. I didn't play much DF2 back in the day, but I played a lot of DFLW. I started playing DF2 about 6-8 months before DFLW came out. I miss those days like you wouldn't believe.

We've been up and running since 2001 and aren't going anywhere as long as I'm around ;)

--BulletMagnet-- 03-30-2013 09:43 AM

Those days are over?! :sad5:

I'm still playing DF2. Novalogic has tried their hardest to kill off what fanbase is left, but there are about 20-30 of us that still play. Average 15-20 on any given night and usually near 30 on a weekend.

Heck, I'm even finishing up a World War II mod/single player campaign for it. BTW, Scott, you have to promise to feature it on the news thing and play it all the way through with a bag of cheetos puffs and Mt. Dew.

Prmirage 03-30-2013 05:19 PM

Nice! Actually, I typed DF2 but meant DFLW. LOL...I actually never played DF2. DFLW and TFD is where my old squad PE kicked around.

Nice to see you guys have no plans of going anywhere...

--BulletMagnet-- 03-31-2013 01:21 AM

I didn't like DFLW as much, specifically because there was NO GRASS!

Hellfighter 03-31-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- (Post 381826)
I didn't like DFLW as much, specifically because there was NO GRASS!

yup both DF LW and DF: TFD

no chance of hidden on the terrain ether one

but i do think there was a mod one had to use a 3rd party mod for terrain for grass.

swamp type theme maps were good for these two games low brush area map makers added to the maps came out nicely
green light faded color fog color and flat terrain maybe small hills on it, time of day night time witching hour to say

--BulletMagnet-- 03-31-2013 11:25 PM

DFLW also featured the worst Single Player missions I've ever seen, and that's a big part of the game for me. The first one in the pyramids was cool, but the rest sucked.

Also, I think it's the first game I've seen where the 1st person gun views are TGA images, lol.

Scott 04-01-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- (Post 381821)
Heck, I'm even finishing up a World War II mod/single player campaign for it. BTW, Scott, you have to promise to feature it on the news thing and play it all the way through with a bag of cheetos puffs and Mt. Dew.

Will do :D

black hawk 04-07-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- (Post 381840)
DFLW also featured the worst Single Player missions I've ever seen, and that's a big part of the game for me. The first one in the pyramids was cool, but the rest sucked.

Also, I think it's the first game I've seen where the 1st person gun views are TGA images, lol.

For me, all delta force games are supreme, but Land Warrior had undoubtedly some of the best missions, how about that oil rig mission, or that firefly mission, where the town suddenly turned into a trap, then the quick mission, where we had to save those rangers team. Also, the friendly A.I was still better than what we had in BHD(although that wasn't too bad either.) But for me the best part of land warrior was its story, much much better than Delta Force 2.
Coming to task force dagger, i could see some traces of BHD in it, like that mission where we had to give sniper support from the helicopter, and some more missions like that. Cool i would say.

black hawk 04-07-2013 10:50 AM

Also, how do you people play these games online? On Novaworld or by some other means? Nobody seems to play any delta force games on tunngle.