Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Server auto punting. (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6999)

A TIN OF SOUP 04-01-2003 09:22 AM

Server auto punting.

After updating BHD today my server auto punts anyone that joins after 3 or 4 seconds, this did not happen before the update and the strange thing is if I host on my game machine which is on a home network to the server pc it hosts with no probs at all. Iv searched high and low for a fix but with no luck.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Boomer_V1A 04-01-2003 10:21 AM

BHD server punting

Same problem here. Our BHD server V1A.ORG (hosted on a 10 Mbit connection) got the latest update, and is punting people after about 10 sek...

Anyone know what is causing this??

Nightcrawler 04-03-2003 02:58 AM

BHD autopunting

Got same problem here but i didn't serve i just play and get autopunted after 5 sec....i play in a 56k connection...i think is v1.1.0.10 problem and Novalogic have to do something about

Freestyler 04-04-2003 12:53 PM

Same here..

It makes me nuts !

I have tried so far :

- Working with my original CD to boot
- Changed Vid card drivers (TNT2 32 mb)
- reinstalled BHD
- updated locally

I still have no clue on where to find the solution. We are a popular server and haven't had this in 1.1.0.5 :(

when we come up with an answer we will post immediate

Sal UK 04-04-2003 02:03 PM

Ok this is how i sorted this problem out and seems to work.
go into your df-bhd folder and open dfv.cfg file in notpad and change this line-

maxping = 1500 change the 1500 to 3000 that way players dont get kicked before their ping has settled down.

also if you get some people complaining of lag you could also change this line-

oneshotonekill = 0 change the 0 to 1 this switches on 1 shot kills.

Make sure when your finished changing things you just goto save in notepad as if you goto saveAs it will save it as a text file which will be a bad thing............

Hope This Helps... ;)

P.S this will only work if the host of the game has changed these.

McGrath DFS 04-08-2003 07:48 PM

you can also set the domaxpingcheck=0

And the fatbullet = 0 to make the bullet smaller and more realistic :)

Pressure 04-10-2003 09:35 AM

Denied

Tried these and applied to numerous servers....No Dice

I sent an email to Nova support and am hoping to get a speedy response....

Any other suggestions?

AirDeath 04-10-2003 04:19 PM

From what i can tell...It is the joining players vid card...

Pressure 04-10-2003 10:41 PM

Vid Card

Hmmm,

Thought my vid card was up to par? What is the required grade of vid card?

MattUSMC67 04-11-2003 02:29 AM

I have a Geforce 4 TI 4800 and I get kicked from servers everyonce in a while. I think its something Nova has to work out.

sniperluke 04-11-2003 10:53 AM

Re: Vid Card

Quote:

Originally posted by Pressure
Hmmm,

Thought my vid card was up to par? What is the required grade of vid card?

the required is 32mb. but nova screwed up the update so now people with slower(less memory, smaller, whatever) video cards get booted from multi player games. i just use the old version and it works fine with my 32 mb card.

SSGWarHog 04-17-2003 11:18 PM

5 Second Punt

Seems the solution to this issue is hosted here at dfmax

http://www.dfmax.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1926

~eTo~2tall 04-18-2003 09:41 AM

yea i had this problem and i downlaoded it,,,,if you want my opinion dont get it, just play single and maybe novas next update will l fix the problem, i got it and now its prety much the same thing,,,i can now play on servers but the lag is incredible even with everything turned down and not using textures or anything, the probelm is that in order for it to work you have to start the sd analyze ( the program) then select the game you want to run ( bhd) and in order for it to work you have to click on the run button but leave the program runing, so now you have bhd running and 3d analyze runing, this results in major lag on servers, and im running from a cable modem so its not my modem, my advice would be to just wait it out until nova gets a new update