Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The official NHQ Intro thread. (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44374)

Lakie 10-30-2009 12:17 AM

The official NHQ Intro thread.

Chrispy 10-30-2009 03:27 AM

Hey, I'm Chris. Been here since 2005 and from then I've actually grown up heaps. I was at one point a very avid fan of Nova, having done a wide range of mapping and modding (pretty much jack-of-all trades I guess :D) for about 2 years. Involved myself in a couple of projects, helped a lot of people, even did little projects myself. Great learning experiences here and there.

At school on my 1st senior year. This is a settling year for end-of-year exams and qualifications, and I'm doing not too bad I guess. Computers are going great still, learning a lot of new stuff and recently programming and a bit of MySQL. :)

Bustin 10-30-2009 10:48 AM

Hi, I'm Bustin. I'm addicted to NovaHQ. It's been eight years now and I keep coming back.

Well I'm glad that's off my chest.

I came here ages ago after DF3.net went away...and DFBarracks kind if took a header under new ownership. The community here is great, and hopes are that when the new site goes online things will sprout back up.

atholon 10-30-2009 11:39 AM

Hola,

Mi nombre es atholon, y ahora yo paro de hablar espanol. I am in my early 20's, work as an IT Technician/Web Developer and attend college. I am getting married this December and I am soooooooooo stoked. Have not touched a NL game for months.

Sen 10-30-2009 12:22 PM

내 이름은 숀.

Recently christened with the honor of being a 4-year member, although a large amount of my time registered here was spent outside of NHQ.

It's been an eternity since I last played a NL game.
Patiently waiting to get out of high school (the proper way), already been two years in.

Also: I have really bad luck with girls. :D

Steve 10-30-2009 02:16 PM

hi i'm steve :)

what am i doing here? well one day i went to my mate's house and he was playing DF2 and i was pretty much hooked from that second. I really liked making missions and we figured out we could get hold of tutorials and maps online (this was back in the 56k days woop) which helped out a lot.

shortly after i started submitting maps to Pancho & Heavy's old website with the weird URL :D and submitted my own maps.

i then made a small df map site called UK Delta Force, there used to be a good number of small map sites around, one other site was called Panther's Den :) Mr Panther aka Scott for some reason asked me to team up and run a site together, after some persuasion (because i liked my own site) i agreed and after a lot of work on Scott's part the site was launched as df-hq.com (i think), mid 2001.

i couldnt tell you how much time i used to spend making maps and tutorials and learning about df stuff i completed exactly 99 maps and have one DFTFD map unfinished (any takers?), however the df stuff has faded over time and all i can do now is posty on the forums and count to potato.

we are still planning on global domination with our new website. with help from our exisitng community we know will will eventually be successful with this!

i have a BSc (Hons) Degree in Business and Technology, and i'm a Service Engineer for an IT company in the UK.

ShArP 10-30-2009 02:24 PM

Hello I am Brian (Sharp has nothing to deal with my real name)

I have been here since Dec. 2003 (might be sooner on a different account name that i can't remember), I used to make maps for DFLW and BHD (also Team Sabre) then I stopped.

I am currently in college. I am in my early 20's. I live in the US, toward the south-western part of Pennsylvania.

:D :D :D

Spazz 10-30-2009 07:21 PM

Hi, I'm Chris. I like titties. Also, I hate all of you.

skinny killer 10-30-2009 07:57 PM

AWWEEEE I hate you too!! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/5.gif

That was sweet of him! :D :D :D

Matt 10-31-2009 12:00 PM

Hi I'm Matt aka Trilogy aka Supermatt aka the f'in man. I came here 7 years ago trying to recruit squads to enter a tournament I was running...and for some reason they let me become an administrator. Now they can't get rid of me.

Scott 10-31-2009 01:15 PM

I'm Scott aka Panther. I started this site with Steve i think in Aug of 2001. I'm really into network security and design and I like to build websites and code php in my free time. I'm currently brushing up on my AJAX and PHP skills for the upcoming TGHQ website. My other hobbies include Hockey, Golf and my Xbox 360. I work in Minneapolis, MN as an Information Systems Manager and am only one month away from finishing my BS in Information Systems Security.

Mstenger404 10-31-2009 02:04 PM

Hi, Im mark.

I like you
I like sex

is nice

GeeFuss 10-31-2009 06:14 PM

spazz has the best intro i have ever seen.

i would agree with everything he said, except my name is greg and i only hate spazz.

Sam 11-01-2009 04:29 PM

Hi im sam ive been getting good at being here

Stephen 11-02-2009 02:15 AM

hi im stephen aka killerbee and im a admin. I came here for tournys years ago and ended up getting on the admin staff as a tourny admin. I left novahq in 2004 to go overseas and didn't come back around till 2006. but like always things never change matt is still my bitch and I still hate stupid people.

incgiryup 11-12-2009 12:59 AM

:trink: I came here ages ago after DF3.net went away...and DFBarracks kind if took a header under new ownership

Hellfighter 11-12-2009 01:53 AM

incgiryup welcome to Novahq.net

btw: please don't place Advertising link in your profile/ sig-box ok!

will he push it and got banned for it after he replace the Advertising link back into his sig-box.
===========
got turn onto DF2 by my younger brother
got deep into it making maps and enjoying playing with others in Nova-servers when they was hosting their own servers with them in their playing right next to you. keep on buying their games right up to DF: Xtreme, after that lost the flavor of their games.

AKA: Hellspawn {ETU} DF2-Squad, Chief ADFP, William NHq

become a super moderator to help out when i can with moderating the forum almost 2yrs now.

think Scott Rocks as will beside the rest of the admin too.

Sam 11-12-2009 06:01 PM

well im a great guy, im like all the other good people on novahq ( for example "William, Steve, Matt" exc.) but anyways if you wanna join the members of novahq.net go for it. Noone's holding you back. There may be people that dont belong here but our admins are good admins here to protect us. Thanks for visiting