Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   News (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Notice Novaworld move all services (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37902)

Hellfighter 03-22-2007 11:37 PM

Notice Novaworld move all services

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Novaworld:
Important Notice NovaWorld will undergo a planned move of all online services beginning Sunday, March 25th, 2007 and end April 6th, 2007.

there will be non-service periods throughout this time frame.

we apologize for this inconvenience
this is for all their services

attachment is a SS of the qoute.

Chrispy 03-23-2007 12:38 AM

Wonder why they're doing this lol. Can't get to NW site BTW.

I hope they've got something new coming up for the NW community. If not, they suck. :p

Chris :)

Hellfighter 03-23-2007 01:19 AM

they maybe moving to a new loaction buiding or something.

they could be more like changing over to new servers hosting their service.

money is tight for them i would think no sells on new games now for a long time, it do cost money to host servers for their games think about it.

funny to think they already close down novaworld.com already and its only the March 23 2007.....lmfao

about 2-3 hours ago in seen dfbhd_moderator online for DFBHD servers lol:D

bigsmellyfart 03-24-2007 04:21 PM

shutting down to save bandwidth money..heheheheheheh

.enfo. 03-24-2007 05:50 PM

wow, so their services will be down for almost two weeks ?

-Tigger- 03-24-2007 06:45 PM

heard they are moving to india.. not sure how accurate the info is tho

bigsmellyfart 03-24-2007 09:27 PM

some IT guy got his hands full here...hehehehehehehe

Coopwarriors 03-25-2007 11:19 AM

is it only moving ore will nova stop the people ho host ore play whit the mod
ther are go rumours a round that nova will stop people ho host ore play whit the mods

Hellfighter 03-25-2007 12:56 PM

they are moving all their service totally to a new location.

that means all their software servers has will all their gear.

will they stop people from hosting the games can't say i would think so.

if i was moving all my things to a new building then yes all thing be truck to new location.

but again we don't know all the details what service they are moving.

it could be the offices and servers and the whole computer/servers systems
==========================================
Novaworld.com is down i can't get it to load up at all, thats may all so mean all the games servers as will.

some one other have to test that out.

Coopwarriors 03-25-2007 01:09 PM

hi Chief ADFP then we need to hold on to saturday morning
then we see

somtime i can login to the games. but when you have a pinger tool for the game and you have the server in the list you can join it

.enfo. 03-25-2007 01:19 PM

so, all public server will be down too, or only their official servers?
Xbox Live is going down on tuesday, but that's only going to be for 24 hours.

are nova that slow, they take almost two weeks to move to a different location, if it is india, that's far away, but it's still bad they're taking all their services down for so long

EBS Diablo 03-25-2007 01:41 PM

I thought that this was a pre-April Fools prank. Turns out it's far from it. :(

Hellfighter 03-25-2007 01:46 PM

it could mean they getting revamp totally maybe. new system to get with the times...

remember NL been out of it totally and they like to do something to make a new bang up game.

i can only hope it not buggy as they made games in the pass.

think this year they will ether make it or it could break them.

but i would like them to make the new game for all system Xbox, PS3, PC DVDrom or Cdrom game for sell. this way they make more money in real fast. cover all area's more money they make

.enfo. 03-25-2007 01:53 PM

nice thinking cheif, if they made a new game for the XBox 360, like EA are doing with the battlefield series, I'd seriously think about buying it, and probably would in the end :p, I haven't been interested in nova for a long while now, but that could reel me back in.

A revamp would be nice, but as before, them being offline for so long doesn't give them a good reputation

Hellfighter 03-25-2007 01:55 PM

yea i know
we can only hope for the best for them.

there is something to think about if they come out with a game like Delta Force: tomorrow lands 3048 a future combat game. alien or bio war undead think that may get them ahead jump on others.

ether fighting; terrorist, aliens, bio-undead, drug lords, NBC (Nuclear, Bio, Chemical war) or all out war worldwide.

ski 03-25-2007 01:56 PM

Could be wrong but I read it as servers will be down but not for 2 weeks straight more like a hit and miss kinda deal,just down for periords at a time ie: down for 5 hours up for 3 then down again.Could be wrong

.enfo. 03-25-2007 01:57 PM

hehe, forgot about not being able to edit your posts in main news threads.
that can't be good for the community either, what about all their loyal fans!/stat whores ect, who religiously play on their servers or go on their site and forums, I always sound so negative talking about NL, I need to hear some positive news about them

Hellfighter 03-25-2007 02:05 PM

DD
it never hurt to say how you feel about them, yes they been relax for too long now days, they have not made real money in for a long time.

NL was a big bang when they started out, but now days they seem more iffy

.enfo. 03-25-2007 02:29 PM

Ski - where did you hear that, was it a reliable source ?, that sounds promising, no idea if it will happen, hope it dors though, for Nova's sake :).

Chief - yeah, I say what I feel, sometimes it gets me into trouble, sometimes it doesnt, hehe.
I also agree about nova having their day, they were awesome with their earlier games, like LW, TFD & BHD, it all started to go with with Joint Ops, but they have had their successes too.

IcIshoot 03-25-2007 02:44 PM

I thought I read in the novaworld forum that they are moving the servers to a new datacenter.

I can't login to novaworld though to verify that.

IcI