Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   polytrn color map not specified (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8378)

barbiedoll 06-20-2003 03:44 AM

polytrn color map not specified

please help me.
when i tried to load irene, the program crashed to desktop giving the message "polytrn color map not specified"...
pls help i dun wanna waste the money i paid for the game.

i understand it might happen to custom maps but irene is stock map!

barbiedoll 06-22-2003 02:59 AM

nobody has any idea?
i called tech support but they told me to reinstall.
frankly the support isn't very good.....

Worm 06-25-2003 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by barbiedoll
please help me.
when i tried to load irene, the program crashed to desktop giving the message "polytrn color map not specified"...
pls help i dun wanna waste the money i paid for the game.

i understand it might happen to custom maps but irene is stock map!

I agree that support sucks big time at NL, but in this particular case, you've probably been given good advice. The "polytrn color map" is a component of the terrain that makes up part of the Irene map and is packed into the localres.pff file in the BHD directory. If it's missing, it means the game hasn't installed properly for one reason or another. So uninstall / reinstall it again and then run the ingame update feature before trying to join the Irene server again. :)

barbiedoll 06-29-2003 03:15 AM

thx worm!

Hellfighter 06-29-2003 10:57 AM

if restilling don't help any

you may have to delete the folder Delta force blackhawk down
C:windows\programs\novalogic\Delta force blackhawk down
then after 2x around restill it should work fine

Britman 01-13-2006 06:21 PM

Okies,

I see the forum is full of the same post and problem with different solutions and long winded ways around this issue.

I've tried all of them and each time i get the !polytrn error message time after time, you'd think the maker of terranova would make a patch or fix this bug and update the old TerraNova EXP Mod so people wouldnt have to go through these processes.

But life goes on...

Britman

GeeFuss 01-14-2006 11:38 AM

yup...and if you get that error on a custom map...you have to go in and edit the map and select a terrain for it ;)

Britman 01-14-2006 12:16 PM

Yes you comments are correct and i believe some people have had great success with it and all the power to them but i find it very frustrating as you download the TerraNova EXP Mod and all its addons, updates, patches and you cant use most it because of an error.

I guess my point is why download something you cant use fully or completly and why hasnt a patch, bug fix been implemented already.

Britman

bega 09-17-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Worm
I agree that support sucks big time at NL, but in this particular case, you've probably been given good advice. The "polytrn color map" is a component of the terrain that makes up part of the Irene map and is packed into the localres.pff file in the BHD directory. If it's missing, it means the game hasn't installed properly for one reason or another. So uninstall / reinstall it again and then run the ingame update feature before trying to join the Irene server again. :)
yo thanks for that but i have another question - i forgot how to make rain in your map

Eagle_Eye 09-23-2006 07:23 AM

Just to clarify this error..

If you have this error while running a standard BHD or BHDTS mission, then the problem is the terrain files are corrupt, the only way to fix this is to reinstall the game.

If you get this error while running a downloaded map, it's because the map your running can't find the terrain file..solution..install the mod that is required for the mission your trying to play..

If you do have the right mod installed, and still get the error, then this means your mod install is corrupt, you need to reinstall it.

Britman, the Terranova EXP doesn't have any errors..and is totally useable..

Make sure that you DON'T run the install file from the BHD directory, run it from a temp folder..

Chammy 02-05-2007 10:43 PM

Yup, I just got the same problem.

GARFIELD 02-16-2007 06:43 PM

me 2

Eagle_Eye 02-16-2007 06:58 PM

Is this is standard mission?

If not, you need to find the mod that is associated with the mission you downloaded.

EE

Steve 02-16-2007 07:27 PM

hey Eagle, how's things?

Eagle_Eye 02-16-2007 07:31 PM

Hey Mr B, great mate, still mapping, and making the odd appearance here..LOL..

Some things never change....

Good to see you still here.. :)