Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   World War (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31702)

Chrispy 12-18-2005 12:38 AM

World War

World War

Has anyones grandfathers or whatever have been in a war before? Dead or alive? Just want to see.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --See you guys soon

Erik 12-18-2005 12:48 AM

My grandfather worked to raise 5 kids. He never served and he is still my hero. He is 91 years old and has beaten cancer, and a serious heart attack.

BADDOG 12-18-2005 04:39 AM

My Grandfather fought in the first world war joining up at the age of 16 and served from 1916 to the end of the war, wounded twice and suffering a mustard gas atttack which affected his health for the rest of his life.

My father fought in the second world war and was part of the occupation forces after the deafeat of Nazi Germany his best friend was killed at Arnhem. One of his other friends served aboard the King George V battleship which was part of the naval squadron that sank the Bismark.

Regards and God bless all the heroes we all owe our freedom too.

Steve/Baddog :|

DevilDog#1 12-18-2005 09:50 AM

My grandpa went to Italy for WW2. He was in British Army. :D Came back in one piece because Hitler decided to go kaput!

-Tigger- 12-18-2005 10:30 AM

my granda (still alive) served in the 2nd world war, he was something to do with the "Burma Star"? and was in india

he is around 82, and has had an operation to remove something in his skin on his face (replacing it with skin from arm,) and he recovered quicker than a 21 year old..

Steve 12-18-2005 11:22 AM

iirc one of grandads was RAF ground defence in Britain and the other faught in africa / egypt. both survived the war :)

SilentTrigger 12-18-2005 11:51 AM

My grandpa served in the swedish airforce as a major in the second world war (never did see any action as Sweden was and still is neutral, he was guarding the country thought and helped keep sweden neutral) hes dead since many years back.

Terry 12-18-2005 12:21 PM

grandad served in the navy aboard the HMS Victory during WW2. was also a part of the team that got sent out to conduct radioactivity tests in the region of the "a-bomb" explosions.

died in 2001 to lung cancer, which turns out after all these years was connected to the radioactivity that he was exposed to all those years ago.

also... dunno if many of u remember it but he used to be in one of the teams that did the field gun run every year. cant remember which team he was in but i think thats pretty cool. used to love watching those guys move them big cannons across the course

RIP

Erik 12-18-2005 12:24 PM

Your grandfathers and great grandfathers are hero's in my book. Would of been a privledge to met anyone of them.

Chrispy 12-18-2005 02:28 PM

Make Tea Not Water

Make Tea Not Water

Ha ha look in your signature Steve. What a good thing.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --Wars around the world

Erik 12-18-2005 02:32 PM

Water? It says War...

Grenademan 12-18-2005 07:16 PM

I dont know much about my grandad unfortuanately. But he fought in Africa against Rommel I assume, and I think in Papua New Guinea. I wish I knew more about him...his name is my middle name.

I think some of my greats was in the first world war.

Chrispy 12-19-2005 06:52 PM

Front Liner

Front Liner

It would be Front Papua Liner, just joking.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --Sad times at war

ShArP 12-19-2005 07:00 PM

Granfather (passed away 16 years ago on wedsday, 12/21/89)...Korean War

My Uncle (passed Away over the summer)...Korean War

Lakie 12-20-2005 01:55 AM

Grandfather was in ww2, fought for both sides (yeah i know - its a really bizaare story PM me if youre interested)

Im related to Lord Nelson on Dads side, so theres some military history there as well..

Hellfighter 12-20-2005 09:32 AM

my dad brother die in WWII fighting Germany arm force's he save his squad by taken out a bunker.

my father was turn down to join (he try to join on his own) he was the youngest in the family. his mother had him remove from their listing draft, he always hated her for that.

he gone to heaven 12/23/2000. RIP

he lost 3-brothers to that 1-WWI 2-WWII

his family was a big one 14 members in his family 8-brothers and 4-sister, besides his mother and father.

Chrispy 12-21-2005 02:03 PM

Brave Mate

Brave Mate

You should be proud of him. People risking their life so the next people can live. :*( :*(

Chris_OJB_DF645 --That is pretty sad

ShArP 12-21-2005 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BB/Mike*MFA*
Grandfather was in ww2, fought for both sides (yeah i know - its a really bizaare story PM me if youre interested)

Im related to Lord Nelson on Dads side, so theres some military history there as well..

well talking about relations...

i am "related" to Abe Lincoln somehow on my dads side...