Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Feeling Sick?? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21011)

bunraku 12-02-2004 02:00 AM

Feeling Sick??

Hi

Have a fairly High End System using Radeon 9800 Pro using Cat 4.1.
I play a lot of other FPS games and get on ok.
But J/O is making me feel sick and giving me bad headaches when playing.

Any idea what settings either in the game or for my monitor who maybe help?

Thanx

EDGE 12-02-2004 05:48 AM

It's more than likely not your monitor. It is the way the game is played. If you get dizzy easily, you more than likely should not play the game.

teej 12-02-2004 06:10 AM

no its like a game sickness. The screen is moving, and your eyes are telling you that you are moving but your balance sensors in your ears and nervous system tells you brain that you are not moving. Ive heard of this befor and its quite commen with fps games

bunraku 12-02-2004 07:20 AM

But is'nt there any settings i can change to help?

Steve 12-02-2004 09:22 AM

whack everything on minimum.

Hellfighter 12-02-2004 09:41 AM

it really is JOTR is very hard on the computer, most system can't handle the game.

game was made for high end of it.

give us more details on your system what you have.
System windows Xp pro?
Ram?

so on

-Tigger- 12-02-2004 09:55 AM

Do you wear glasses? sometimes if the lens in them are not the right type they'll give headaches whenever you play... my sister had the problem (i dont need glasses ;)).. she had the wrong type of lens in them and it gave her headaches nearly str8 away within 10mins when using the PC..

Try turning the options like anti-anaslising and the texture filtering down...

Might work dunno but different refresh rates on monitors and games can effect people.

Steve 12-02-2004 12:59 PM

make the monitor refresh at its highest rate.
above 72 Hz is considered 'flicker free', and is a lot easier on your eyes and head :)

zaitsev 12-02-2004 02:38 PM

ive had this before, to get over it just play a bit each day and increase the amount of time you play per day over a period of time so you get used to it, after a month or so you will be fine

EDGE 12-02-2004 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zaitsev
ive had this before, to get over it just play a bit each day and increase the amount of time you play per day over a period of time so you get used to it, after a month or so you will be fine
a month or so? I highly doubt that that is the answer. I also don't think he wants to feel sick or have headaches everyday for a whole month...

Steve 12-02-2004 04:51 PM

ive only got motion sickness twice from games, 1st was after 8 hours of wipeout64 :D 2nd was from one of the Half life mods, that when you stopped pressing a direction you still moved forward a few steps.

just take regular breaks if its an issue :)

zaitsev 12-02-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by E.D.G.E
a month or so? I highly doubt that that is the answer. I also don't think he wants to feel sick or have headaches everyday for a whole month...
just saying what worked for me :rolleyes:

Hellfighter 12-03-2004 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
make the monitor refresh at its highest rate.
above 72 Hz is considered 'flicker free', and is a lot easier on your eyes and head :)

i am redoing my system over again thanks for pointing that one out. i set it to 100mhz