Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Talk (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   L4D - Left 4 Dead (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42234)

J-Factor 11-26-2008 09:22 PM

L4D - Left 4 Dead

This game rocks, anyone got it? - I do...

atholon 11-26-2008 10:29 PM

eh it is ok

Chrispy 11-26-2008 10:35 PM

Heard all about it, I'd love to play it. :)

Steve 11-27-2008 06:14 AM

was waiting for it to be in the shops bu for some reason it aint there yet. can order it online or through steam, just not in the shops yet ??? :/

looks wicked :D

zza1pqx 11-27-2008 06:29 AM

No one can be bothered stocking games for a dead format especially during a world wide recession.

Steve 11-27-2008 06:54 AM

ooooo :finger2:

atholon 11-27-2008 10:54 AM

It is waaaay gory though.

Steve 11-27-2008 01:24 PM

woop purchased today :)
pity i'm back at work tomorrow nnoooooooooo

Scott 11-27-2008 03:44 PM

Tried the demo, was not really sure if I liked it or not...

Scott 11-28-2008 09:33 PM

Tried it again tonight.. man that can get scary! I was in a very dark room when I was away from my squad, a boomer (fat man) exploded on me and attracted the horde. I only had a pistol and I couldn't see anything! The only time I could see them was when I was shooting :run:

This would make a great team game

Chrispy 11-29-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scott
This would make a great team game
Heck yeah. :D

Told me squad about it, since our squad's a bit co-operative-ish. :D

zza1pqx 11-29-2008 04:32 PM

I remain a member of a PC squad (1st hussars) despite not playing on PC no more.
Hussars is a seriously coop group and them that are playing L4D are reporting evenings of fun and hilarity.

Cody 7 12-03-2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by zza1pqx
No one can be bothered stocking games for a dead format especially during a world wide recession.
If you're referring to the PC as a "dead format", then as Steve said:

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
ooooo :finger2:
:p

Back on topic though: I just bought Left 4 Dead, I like it a lot. When I first heard about it, I thought it would be a little bit different. The 4-player coop is certainly unique, I could understand not knowing if you like it or not after playing it. It's the truly good games, though, that polarize people who like it and those who don't :)

I must say Versus mode is great. Definitely worth getting the full version for that. It's very refreshing to be the infected every once in a while :) However there are a few negatives to the game. Firstly, I think the party system sucks balls. I hate it - It's too console-esque - I'd go for a standard server list any day. Plus not to mention when your "party" goes to find a game, half the time it finds a damn server to play off of in Belgium. No joke, happened yesterday. Pwning zombies with 200ms ping [ONE WAY] is a lot harder. And the limited selection of weapons kind of sucks, too. That's why I stopped playing FEAR - got tired of the same 5 guns. But overall I think L4D is an excellent game, way better than the **** everyone else has been churning out these days.