Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   About .pcx... (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48367)

SpecOpsSniper 10-17-2017 02:50 AM

About .pcx...

:drooling::drooling::drooling::drooling:

hi how to make a .pcx file?:dontknow:

lolfake 10-18-2017 05:17 AM

you do need to know.

Scott 10-18-2017 08:03 AM

Really depends on the program you are using..?

lolfake 10-18-2017 08:16 PM

How about Mario Wacky World

SpecOpsSniper 10-20-2017 05:08 AM

im using MS Publisher

SpecOpsSniper 10-20-2017 10:32 PM

pls can somebody tell me how to make a .pcx file work everytime i run a map with that file the loading screen turns orange! :mercy:
ive also visted this page
now;http://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43637
somebody tell me how to make a pcx file!?

SpecOpsSniper 10-20-2017 10:36 PM

and .cin .ain and .end
others can Benifit from this thread is somebody tells me how to make theze files

Baldo_the_Don 10-21-2017 05:13 PM

.PCX:

You want the .pcx files for mission loading screens to be as small as possible. I suggest a maximum size of 800×600, but use 640×480 if you can get away with it.

Depending on your image enhancement program, find out how to index the color palette. Reduce the color index to at least 8-bit, 256 colors.

These methods can reduce a 1024×768 screenshot to a 800×600 loading screen that's 30-35% the file size of the original.

.CIN and .END:

The main things to know about .cin and .end content:

• Fairly certain there are 60 ticks (but possibly 64 ticks) in one second

• Height values are absolute Z, not height above terrain

• Inexplicably, the compass for .cin/.end files is mirrored on the 45°-225° axis. Chart attempt below:

Code:

MED COMPASS    0 45 90 135 180 225 270 315
.CIN/.END COMPASS  90 45  0 315 270 225 180 135

Basically, I have a piece of paper here that I drew four intersecting lines on, making an eight-pointed star. In a small circle I wrote the MED compass headings on each axis in clockwise increments of 45 with 0 at the top. In a larger circle I wrote the .cin/.end compass headings on each axis in counter-clockwise increments of 45 with 0 at the right.

All this means that if you want your camera pointed exactly northeast or exactly southwest, the MED compass values are fine, but you'll have to do some thinking and some math to get your cameras aimed correctly in any other direction. Good luck!

.AIN:

It infuriates me that no one has yet released an .ain editor for DFBHD(TS). AIs cannot navigate convincingly without an .ain file, and this hobbles the single player mission maker so very badly.

From what I understand with my experience using mission editors from other games, I'll just pull this explanation out of my [REDACTED BODY ORIFICE]:

Upon completing the creation of a new mission, with all buildings, decorations, foliage, and objects in their absolute final positions, NeverLogic's mappers would use a proprietary program to analyze the .trn, .3di, and .mis files, creating a network of AI navigable secondary waypoints over, around, and through terrain, buildings, decorations, and foliage. All this information would then be saved in an .ain file.

In 2003, it probably took a long time for this analysis program to run and complete an .ain file, prompting NeverLogic's decision to not release it. Or possibly, the pira... *ahem* proprietary .ain creator had, um, other issues making a public release a bad idea. Who can say?

Hypotheoretically, you could use campaign .bms and .ain files extracted from the .pffs, convert the .bms files to .mis files, and use these as bases for new missions. Adding, repostioning, or deleting items could invalidate .ain information, however. A highly creative mapper could very well work wonders under such constraints, possibly.

Not me, though. I'm tired.

SpecOpsSniper 10-21-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don (Post 387794)
.PCX:

You want the .pcx files for mission loading screens to be as small as possible. I suggest a maximum size of 800×600, but use 640×480 if you can get away with it.

Depending on your image enhancement program, find out how to index the color palette. Reduce the color index to at least 8-bit, 256 colors.

These methods can reduce a 1024×768 screenshot to a 800×600 loading screen that's 30-35% the file size of the original.

.CIN and .END:

The main things to know about .cin and .end content:

• Fairly certain there are 60 ticks (but possibly 64 ticks) in one second

• Height values are absolute Z, not height above terrain

• Inexplicably, the compass for .cin/.end files is mirrored on the 45°-225° axis. Chart attempt below:

Code:

MED COMPASS    0 45 90 135 180 225 270 315
.CIN/.END COMPASS  90 45  0 315 270 225 180 135

Basically, I have a piece of paper here that I drew four intersecting lines on, making an eight-pointed star. In a small circle I wrote the MED compass headings on each axis in clockwise increments of 45 with 0 at the top. In a larger circle I wrote the .cin/.end compass headings on each axis in counter-clockwise increments of 45 with 0 at the right.

All this means that if you want your camera pointed exactly northeast or exactly southwest, the MED compass values are fine, but you'll have to do some thinking and some math to get your cameras aimed correctly in any other direction. Good luck!

.AIN:

It infuriates me that no one has yet released an .ain editor for DFBHD(TS). AIs cannot navigate convincingly without an .ain file, and this hobbles the single player mission maker so very badly.

From what I understand with my experience using mission editors from other games, I'll just pull this explanation out of my [REDACTED BODY ORIFICE]:

Upon completing the creation of a new mission, with all buildings, decorations, foliage, and objects in their absolute final positions, NeverLogic's mappers would use a proprietary program to analyze the .trn, .3di, and .mis files, creating a network of AI navigable secondary waypoints over, around, and through terrain, buildings, decorations, and foliage. All this information would then be saved in an .ain file.

In 2003, it probably took a long time for this analysis program to run and complete an .ain file, prompting NeverLogic's decision to not release it. Or possibly, the pira... *ahem* proprietary .ain creator had, um, other issues making a public release a bad idea. Who can say?

Hypotheoretically, you could use campaign .bms and .ain files extracted from the .pffs, convert the .bms files to .mis files, and use these as bases for new missions. Adding, repostioning, or deleting items could invalidate .ain information, however. A highly creative mapper could very well work wonders under such constraints, possibly.

Not me, though. I'm tired.

Thanks!:gj:

lolfake 10-22-2017 11:04 AM

Any way to run multiple pcx as like gif

SpecOpsSniper 10-26-2017 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolfake (Post 387797)
Any way to run multiple pcx as like gif

can u be a more specififc

Creator 10-26-2017 02:49 AM

For pcx. I use the last Photoshop :)

Creator 10-26-2017 02:54 AM

however it is true ... if there was a possibility to create an ain. file it would mean that the creators could make the maps much better than Novalogic's :(

bigsmellyfart 10-27-2017 11:52 AM

SpecOpsSniper 10-28-2017 04:14 AM

Mappers;
only i know;
who created the stock campiagn;
Andy Kiplings
Seaholzer
Ritual Entairetenment
etc LOL

SpecOpsSniper 10-28-2017 04:24 AM

i sent an email to "support@novalogic.com"
they still dont responds but maybe there are no such thing as an AIN Editor
maybe Novalogic created the campaign but they used a different editor
and maybe the files were made again but different from the original buildings
they mush haved created a different file out of the original one and the file
are the one were using in our MEds!
if im right
that means these theory is true

PLUS
the orignal files have unique programs maybe but i bielive on this theory
some guys on DFB i saw them made a discussion about Ain Editor
they said the builds on the Stock map are being navigatable by AIs
but if you insert a new build the AIs dont navigate there
maybe the .ain files comed after they relased the game together with the stock map
i vote that no one can crack this make a ain editor thing
only the guys like Andy Kiplings can tell us the truth

I LOOK DUMB EVERYONE KNOWS THIS :rofl:

Creator 10-28-2017 04:36 AM

Have they answer?

SpecOpsSniper 10-28-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creator (Post 387841)
Have they answer?

not yet :disappoint:

lolfake 10-29-2017 02:24 AM

I can say that novalogic's email server if down or shut downed. As they all tend to be offline.

Besides I never got to know how the .AIN works I have one with me now.

SpecOpsSniper 10-29-2017 02:57 AM

do u guys know a free picture editing app like adobe photoshop? pls hurry im on the clock