Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Web design and Programming (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   firefox = webmasters worse dream (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24702)

Recon 04-16-2005 08:44 PM

firefox = webmasters worse dream

wow i think there should be a law, i was working on a site, and its expanding vertically, and i put css in the border for 1px border, cause for some reason it wasnt working in html, and firefox does not pick up on css for border and it shows no table, what should i do, redesign my whole site around for just firefox, or make a splash saying use internet explorer, i really think having mulitple browsers it horrible

EDGE 04-16-2005 08:57 PM

Hell no, lol. Just forget FF ;)

JonM 04-16-2005 09:00 PM

personally fire fox and mozilla suck :(

Dr. Bullet 04-16-2005 09:15 PM

Re: firefox = webmasters worse dream

Quote:

Originally posted by Recon
wow i think there should be a law, i was working on a site, and its expanding vertically, and i put css in the border for 1px border, cause for some reason it wasnt working in html, and firefox does not pick up on css for border and it shows no table, what should i do, redesign my whole site around for just firefox, or make a splash saying use internet explorer, i really think having mulitple browsers it horrible
I would just do it for IE...if someone doesn't want to use the world standard, it's their fault...

Besides, it's still the overwhelming majority that uses IE :)

Recon 04-16-2005 09:22 PM

was about to say, i think everyone still uses IE, default software with everybrand of computer

Scott 04-16-2005 09:59 PM

You just have to learn to code for it, firefox is very good at reading css as long as it's correct, take a look at my phphq.net, it works in IE, FireFox, Netscape and Opera.

The menus at the top are 100% css for all browsers except IE.

This site is also being converted to work 100% in all 4 browsers, it does now but the html isn't correct for it.

Just takes some geting used to, and alot of people are starting to use firefox so it's not a bad idea to learn how to code for it.

Recon 04-16-2005 10:13 PM

well i am coding right for this border, its some reason not showing up, do you use internal or exteral css sheets?

Scott 04-16-2005 10:33 PM

external.. but it shouldnt matter.. maybe post your code

prey 04-17-2005 12:09 AM

anytime you judge a browser you should include a link to your website.

you shouldnt blame your poor coding on the browser.

why dont you post your genius html code and see if that can be redone where it works with firefox. they didnt make the browser to hurt newbie site makers like yourself.

and even if firefox doesnt support something ie supports. most of the time it can be discarded anyway.

everyone uses windows, ie comes with windows (i think u cant even get it by itself it anymore)

but just cause everyone uses windows doesnt make it better. i

and as far as doing things just for IE.

there are plenty of websites that work same on most if not all browsers.

and i never myself built a standard compliant website. but i check it on multiple browser to make sure it works

Recon 04-17-2005 01:23 AM

why you starting a flame war with me?
1) i am no newb at coding, just got firefox and its messing up some css.
2) who the the heck do you think you are to call me a newb?

prey 04-17-2005 01:36 AM

and who are you to bash firefox.

but post your code. and prove me wrong.

Recon 04-17-2005 01:41 AM

no i fixed the problem, but thanks anyways, i am sure you would have not flamed for having it wrong, since i am learning new things everyday, but correct me if i am wrong, you never make mistakes and ask questions, the fact i bashed firefox cause i do not like the fact you have to learn how to fix code for it to work properly on it is my option, not yours to flame me over.

o yea i do not have to prove you wrong, i have matured past the point of doing that, well ill edit this, i would have been proven wrong cause if i had posted the code before, it was not working, so it would have been wrong...

prey 04-17-2005 01:51 AM

what you did is post your opinion on something you dont know.

you posted that it was a problem with the browser and not your code. yet you never posted the actual code.

html has no logical errors. you can only make syntax mistakes. some browsers are more tolerant to some mistakes than other browsers. IE is an example of a syntax error tolerant browser.

and choosing options that only some browsers understand is rather newbie. so is building site just for a specific popular browser

Recon 04-17-2005 01:54 AM

i'm not anymore, i figured out the problem, looked at my options, and i am building a site for all browsers, i don't know if this would be to much, but can you try not to post in my threads?

prey 04-17-2005 01:56 AM

well if u figured out the problem and it was YOUR CODE that caused it.
then maybe you should delete this thread. because it is a false accusation.

Recon 04-17-2005 02:03 AM

must be one hell of a nerd, cause you must think i am offended being call a newb lol

prey 04-17-2005 02:27 AM

right right. well i guess i proved my point. last two posts you didnt even mention your code or firefox.

cya

katana*GFR* 04-17-2005 07:19 AM

chill out guys... this aint going anywere.
I thought this thread was about the dif's in coding for the dif browsers.....

Just get back on that topic and learn others what went wrong. So they might not make the same mistake.