Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How did you create your nickname? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43732)

EDGE 08-02-2009 04:49 PM

How did you create your nickname?

So I've always been curious as to how everyone got their nickname that they post with here on the forums or play games with. Was it a childhood name? Do you think it's a cool word? How did you come up with it?

Well, my first name when I started playing the delta force series was gen.steele. I'm actually embarrassed to admit it. It was taken from some guy in Black Hawk Down (movie) except he wasn't a general, I think he was sergeant.

Anyway, after growing up a little, I chose the name Edge because I do a lot of **** without thinking before doing it. So I guess you could say I live my life on the edge? I dunno.

So, how did your name come about?

ShArP 08-02-2009 05:28 PM

well my name ShArP game from when i joined my first squad i think back in 2002-2003ish. i always used the name sharpshooter or i think it was like $}{/-\rpsh00ter or something of that sorts and when i joined my first squad i had to shorten my name so i choose sharp and everyone else in the squad had every other letter capitalized so i thought it was cool and that is where ShArP came from

and i have no clue where i started using the name sharpshooter from because the name i used before that was supersniper, think i might have been inspired by the marine sharpshooters

:D :D :D

.Simon. 08-02-2009 05:54 PM

Hah I used to go by Sharpshooter when i first joined Novahq ;P I don't know where it came from either.

I think the next main one was Klu7ch. When i was in school, we had to 'invent' chocolate bars and market them. Another group named theirs Klutch (clutch with a k, obvs), and i thought it looked really cool, so i changed it a bit by adding the 7 instead of a 't'.

The next major name was my current gaming/online name, Loken. I've been reading a series of Warhammer sci-fi/fantasy books, and my favourite character was called Garviel Loken (absolute legend tbh), so I took his last name because i liked his character so much ;P

A lot of people ask me if im German with a name like Loken heh.

Mstenger404 08-02-2009 06:34 PM

First initial, full last name, I pulled the numbers out of nowhere

no imagination, right guys? :p

Hellfighter 08-02-2009 11:37 PM

in the service i had this buddy who was a warrant officer (W3) we use to call him chief in the motor pool, great guy to hang out with. adfp came from a squad i try to start-up but it did not workout after a time the guys got tire of NL-game and gone on to better killing fields

as for my real name i was name after "good father" (that was his nick name or the P-church gave him) who real name was william j .........

Stephen 08-03-2009 01:03 AM

Ive had the name Killerbee since DukeNukem 3D days in 1996 My freinds said I played fast and furious always moving so they started calling me Bee and I got alot of kills so I added the killer to it. My match name when i Use to play tournys was Kb and the only other gaming name I have is Nighthorror On WOW because Killerbee just didn't fit for that game.

C0ld Sh0w3r 08-03-2009 01:20 AM

Was originally Demoknot, but no one can pronounce that properly on CoD4, so after a night of royally whooping up on some people, I mentioned how dealing with the last match required me to take a Cold Shower. Thus, a legend was born.

Lakie 08-03-2009 05:41 AM

Blackbelt came about because I registered on a forum the day I got it, and it ended up being something that never was taken

atholon 08-03-2009 08:53 AM

My nickname for games was ZoRRo but then one day I decided to change it.... so I looked around my room for something that would have a cool name, then I saw Athlon on my computer case and unintentionally misspellng it I put my name as atholon.

I have also been called just about everything:

Waltmart
Walt-o-meal
Walnut
Walt Disney
Wall-e
CtrlWaltDelete

.Simon. 08-03-2009 09:32 AM

"CtrlWaltDelete"

LMAO xD thats immense

atholon 08-03-2009 09:59 AM

heh, I actually used that for my dev blog.

RedrumSalad 08-03-2009 11:55 AM

the name RedrumSalad came from when i joined a battlefield vietnam clan (my name was delta for some odd reason) that had something to do with redrum (cant remember) so when i left (this was when i was maybe 10) i joined another clan on bf1942 called Merc (mercenary) and i still used delta, then i went back to bf: vietnam, and joined a clan call 300, (i was 11) eventually i ticked off the clan leader for wanting to join their ally clan because they had actual ranks (Pvt. Lcpl. Cpl. Sgt. etc.) other than numbers and wat section u belonged to (special forces, assault, etc.) so, in order to join their allied clan (LOS - Legion of Seals) i had to change my name so their leader wouldnt notice, so i changed it to Gaz (from cod4, i was 11, remember) and after maybe 2 days, the clan leader i had left found out because i changed my name on xfire (oops) and he was on my friends list. so he just got ticked and deleted me from his friends list. so i lived on in LOS for a year, then, because my comp started to go bad with gaming, i had to tell everyone that i wasnt gonna be online that much because i can only play at my gparents (their computer is awesome for gaming). so one day, i went to play BHD online on my PS2 i typed in the name Redrum and it said i couldnt use it, so i looked at the suggestions (all they do is add something at the end) and after looking through them for 10 minutes up came RedrumSalad, and ive used it ever since. now, LOS is dead, Merc is dead, and the closest thing i have to being in a clan is my clan tag on cod4 on the 360: [][][] (well, its really just ][][, the other to [] are where the clan tag goes)

Chrispy 08-03-2009 02:25 PM

I think a few of my friends started calling me Chrispy back at my first school... either that, or I came up with it myself. It was a play on the word crispy so I liked it. :P

Sam 08-10-2009 11:37 AM

i first made up my original name bf2multi100 bf2 means battlefield 2, multi is for multiplayer (cause back when i thought of it i was playing bf2 online alott) 100 is just a random number i though of, now my name Sam is for my real name :D

RedrumSalad 08-10-2009 02:47 PM

u know, i forgot y that bf: vietnam clan leader wouldnt let me go to his allied clan

Sam 08-10-2009 04:48 PM

lol :lolsign:

Sal UK 08-10-2009 05:45 PM

Hmm Mine Originated in the late 70's I used to use Citizens' Band radio, and my CB Handle used to be Black Salamander. When I started DF2<--First Online Game I played I used Salamander UK and now as its such a mouthfull It is now Sal UK for short..lol

Sam 08-10-2009 06:01 PM

good name sal :D

Hellfighter 08-10-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sal UK (Post 349638)
Hmm Mine Originated in the late 70's I used to use Citizens' Band radio, and my CB Handle used to be Black Salamander. When I started DF2<--First Online Game I played I used Salamander UK and now as its such a mouthfull It is now Sal UK for short..lol

in the late 80s my handle was Bill65 Miami fl area till med 90s

i still have my CB Radios
  • President HR26000 (10meter radio made into a CB Radio SB, FM, AM, Slider)
  • superstar 360fm (CB radio made into a 10meter ham radio 4000ch)
    have to get a Frequency-counter for it.
  • tornado kicker 280w booster for the car or on the base station

still have the base station directional antenna, man i had great time talking over seas with others. we don't use call sign like ham operators do

sad none of it setup now days after i move up north hang it up. was fun being a pirate of the air waves. but the joy in it is dead now days who knows maybe get back into it next life time

Sal UK 08-10-2009 09:37 PM

when we had CB here it was Illegal I also had a superstar 360fm, real easy to get lost when it was modded to the teeth..lol

They only became legal here in 1982 or 81 but you could only use 40 channels on the FM band.

It was funny when the DTI used to come around our area you saw all the ariels comming down and friends used to place the cb in a bag and bury it, because they would smash it up infront of you with a hammer.
Strange how things have changed you could probably sue thier ass these days..lol