Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Support (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   problem on istalling delta force black hawk down (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40262)

dante 12-19-2007 03:35 PM

problem on istalling delta force black hawk down

hi everyone,i hope you could help me with my problem...when i am gonna to install delta force black hawk down at 42% of it a message apears it tells "an error occured during the move dtae process :-106"

plz help

(I HAVE OLSO TRIED TO INSTALL THE GAME FROM AN ADMITSTRATOR USER BUT IT DOESNT WORK)

H E L P

Mauser 98K 12-19-2007 04:03 PM

is there any scratches on the disk? and what kindof system ya trying to install it on to?

dante 12-19-2007 04:09 PM

yh it also have some scratches on the disk....hmm..is tells sys16

Mauser 98K 12-19-2007 04:12 PM

are they real deep scratches or just surface blemishes, and was wondering what operating system ya had, Win98, me, 2000, xp ,etc.

dante 12-19-2007 04:14 PM

hmm...no so deep.......i have xp..

does it have anythink with service packs?

Mauser 98K 12-19-2007 04:33 PM

shouldnt have, the minimum is win98 so win xp shouldnt be a problem even with the 1st service pack.

if anything it could be a scratch prventing the cd rom from reading the disk if they are a good size scratch.

ya could get a scratch remover from ya local wal-mart they should have them in the pc section.

but if that isnt the case it might be a hickup in the data flow, im not that good with errors to tell ya the truth, dont get many myself, and my methods of fixing them work but would make some people cringe, like using turtle wax poloshing paste to remove the scratches on the disk, has to be done corectly or the disk is junk, lol. i use a cottonball and rubbing alchohol and the finest grade poloshing past i can find that is aproved for plexiglass. like i said i dont recomend it for if not done corectly it will kill the disk, best bet would be a scratch remover, for the disk.

some1 else could probably help more than i can, they should reply here shortly.

dante 12-19-2007 04:35 PM

ok thanks anyway lol

Hellfighter 12-19-2007 04:50 PM

them CD/DVD repair kits can very in price between 12.00-17.00

tilt the disk side to side under a light to see if there a hairline crack in it! can give the same type error as will.

if its crack don't try to use the disk in the CD/DVD tray will break up & damge the DVD/CD unit with loose parts in it. hard as hell to get all of them out. never can tell if they are all out ether

Mauser 98K 12-19-2007 05:23 PM

lol william, i had that happen b4, i had a disk to just blow up in the cd tray once, had to take it out of the pc and take the player apart and remove all the plastic.

Chrispy 12-19-2007 10:19 PM

Try copying the install to your hard drive then installing. Or clone your CD lol with CloneCD (Google it up - 30 day trial).

If you can and you're lucky, you can make a successful backup of your CD, and then use that to install.

My backup CD for BHD that I use has two big scratches on it - and it doesn't run too well in the drive. The scratches however are not really on the colour area of the CD - more of that transparent plastic area in the middle.

Hope that helps. :D

Chris :)

Jckl 12-21-2007 10:04 AM

if you have more than 1 cd drive in your pc you can switch to the other if you have not done so. Sometimes one drive will have a problem reading a disk but another drive will read it fine..