Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Do you use variables? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46490)

Dashie 03-19-2012 07:20 PM

Do you use variables?

In Delta Force map making, that is.

I personally use them, even I can do it a different way in events, because I'm so used to using variables while working with IDE's. I also find that they make it easier to have the WAC file work with the MED by setting variables in the MED for use in the WAC file.

They're perfect for working with numbers, and the simple arithmetic you can do with WAC files.

I hope in the future they let us do more with them. :gj:

SilentTrigger 03-20-2012 06:38 AM

any reference to the programming syntax of the med? never done anything in df med but im a programmer by trade and starting to get curious :)

Dashie 03-20-2012 07:12 PM

There's no programming in the MED itself, but you can create WAC files to go along with a mission (they do extra stuff you can't do in the mission editor).

They have their own language. It's If (Trigger) then (Action) Endif, basically (Endif is kind of like End If in .NET. I think that's where they copied it from.

What programming language(s) do you know? I'm trying to learn Java.

tony991 03-21-2012 07:39 AM

I use variables once in a while. There's somethings you just can't do without them.

SilentTrigger 03-21-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashie (Post 377028)
There's no programming in the MED itself, but you can create WAC files to go along with a mission (they do extra stuff you can't do in the mission editor).

They have their own language. It's If (Trigger) then (Action) Endif, basically (Endif is kind of like End If in .NET. I think that's where they copied it from.

C, RAPID, Pascal, Visual Basic .NET and html/PHP and I used to know ASP.

RAPID is what i program in daily and is based directly off C and is a ABB Robot language.

C, RAPID and Pascal based languages are simular, Pascal based languages seems to be simpler in my experience and not sure they are counted as high level as C and RAPID.

Mainly program industrial robotic arms but also database driven visual basic .net applications is what i do proffesionaly :)

Sounds like the wac is based of a simpler C base of the little ive seen :)

Guest001 03-22-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashie (Post 377028)

Not copied. It's Boolean logic